Hobbs and Shaw

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I have never watched a Fast & Furious movie (no interest) but I am definitely seeing this.

• Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

What if you don't understand the storyline references in Hobbs/Shaw if you haven't watch the previous films...
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

From what they showed, there wasn't really that much referenced, as for why they hate each other, all the great 'buddy cop' pairings are like that, and they don't spend half the movie doing flashbacks or 'callbacks' to why they hate each other
    Which is what this will be played as: a 'buddy cop' action movie (ala "Lethal Weapon")
    • Like x 1
  5. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Just saw the trailer.

Reminds me a little of the movie "Tango and Cash" from back in the late 80's. It was with... Sylvester Stallone, and Kurt Russell?
    • Like x 3
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

A fun movie, with two of the great action heroes of the time? Yep, its definitely like Tango and Cash
    • Like x 1
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The spin-off I would've preferred
    [IMG]
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

:eek::p while watching the trailer, i was thinking this movie is Crackdown!
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

... Who? o_O
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The actual cool kids of the F&F franchise.
    Han was in Tokyo Drift. Which died from an accident, but they retrograded his death to Shaw actually killing him.
    Gal Gadot or Gisele, introduced in 2009, which is imo the 3rd best movie in the franchise "Fast and Furious", but they killed her off too in Fast and Furious 6.

[IMG]
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thought Giselle was played by someone else (wasn't she supposed to be Swedish or maybe German?), that's why wasn't sure who they were (recognized him, butt with Wonder Bewbs beside him, thought it was a different movie)
    Umm, if they are both dead, how could there be a spin-off? Unless "The Ghost and the Furious" :p
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Holy crap, this just gets better. It's pure balls to the wall, totally over the top action movie heaven.

• Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ya don't mess with the Poly's :p