HL Snap Trap not registering

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SixSigma, Jun 24, 2016.

1. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Hey devs, I Snap Trap isn't a popular load out version but you didn't have to make it NOT work, lol.

But for real, I was testing other load outs and it seems the initial hit for Snap Trap doesn't hit. It'll occasionally hit on the sparing targets but I haven't seen it hit on normal enemies yet. The Damage Over Time DOES tick but the initial hit seems to be the only problem. More specifically, it's when it's used as precision attack.

Initial use off the tray does register the initial might damage but when continuing to use it as part of the combo it only registers the DoT and not the initial hit.
    • Like x 1
  2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

just tested it. It's working fine for me 100% of the time.
  3. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Then I don't know what's going on... are you on PC, PS4 or PS3?
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

PC
  5. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I'm on PS4. I don't believe that should make a difference but maybe it does.
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

Played during the morning with no issues, PC, did you check the combat log?
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

reminds me of the wolf hit of serpent call in arenas lol
  8. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

i havent try it with snap trap, but this is a known issue on HL i guess. perhaps u need to do it at the right distance/range? coz this exact bug also happen with claw (construct combo). the normal initial claw damage from the power still hits even at full range. but if we use the construct combo ones, the initial damage doesn't register if it being cast from far away.

i'e : fan (power) - claw (construct)(lunge to opponent) - claw (construct) - claw (construct) - claw (construct). if fan is being cast too far from the target the initial damage from claw doesn't register. but it deal damage normally if its close enough. but at the same range if we cast claw (power), it also lunge and the might damage still hits normally.

so maybe u need a certain range for snap trap to register. idk,, ill test it later on.

PS : and yeah i also look at the combat log.. it doesn't show the initial claw damage.
  9. SixSigma Well-Known Player

Yeah, I just did a check with the combat log and it doesn't always hit. Sometimes I see 4 hits and other times 3 and it's always on that initial hit. It seems to be doing this at varying distances also.
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

what you are seeing with the construct combo claw is intended. You need to be within 7 meters of your target in order to do damage.

Not exactly sure of the reasoning behind it but claws not doing damage on the initial hit at certain range is normal and is working as intended.

Do I agree with it? No. I do not. Considering Boxing and entrap's swing will do damage with the initial lunge at max range.