Highly unbalanced and abused powers

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gale Reaper, Nov 10, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Quantum says "hi" :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Rasta Committed Player

If I'm giving the watcher a portion of MY OWN POWER to heal, he better be doing a good job at healing. That's why I kept him on my loadout. Now people like you are always trying to find a way to get other players brought down to your level, and because of this I can't even use watcher anymore.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Watcher was healing as if it was healing for PvE raid bosses. Which I'm sorry, is just too damn much for PvP. Especially from something that can help split damage and heal you while you're countered, healing enough to negate the damage from the counter itself.
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

If another player is having unintended advantage over me AS UNINTENDED, then yes, I want them brought down to my level. If all powers had a superior skill/power that can compete with others, and not only some, I wouldn't have made this thread.
    • Like x 3
  5. Rasta Committed Player

I've seen healers of every power do well in Arenas. It just takes experimenting and for a lot of the people on Arenas, that's something that they don't do. If you actually saw what it takes to keep an entire group alive with Sorcery you'd laugh. I have to pop 3-4 powers just to make sure people with low health are ok.

The original post looks like you're calling for a nerf on powers simply because you can't defeat players with them. I mean really, no more power return for gadgets? Galvanize shouldn't heal NPC's? What's next, no powers in Arenas PVP at all?
    • Like x 2
  6. TheWhiteFace New Player

Mental says, "bye."
    I don't think I've been stunlocking people... But I'll look into it.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheWhiteFace New Player

Really hope that these fixes happen so that we can finally address possible different types or game-modes for arena and progress in counter theory. We should all be able to at least compete with Clutch by now.
  8. Champ New Player

I felt the same way reading it but I have to agree that the light chainsaw definitely gives players an unfair advantage. I get knocked out in two hits and there is no way to counter. So I know first hand about that but the other powers I haven't really had a problem with.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Tell that to Nature and Celestial healers.
    :p
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Yeah the stuns are screaming it at me, lol
  11. TheWhiteFace New Player

I mean fixes in general. Not any fixes specifically being highlighted in this thread, and yes the healers need a bit of an upgrade or rather fix.
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's a crowd control issue, not a quantum issue :p
  13. The_fair_1 Committed Player

But it's still something that made a power OP.
    • Like x 3
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Touché. Though I wouldn't classify that as being OP. What with considering Mental's stun lock.
    • Like x 1
  15. The_fair_1 Committed Player

So quantum is OP and mental should be takin out of the game... Lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

What you fail to realize is that I'm not asking for a nerf in T6 health or Dox/Nexus proportions. These powers need to be adjusted because of the unfair advantages over other powers, some very slightly and some a bit more. Hell, I'm asking for my own power to get nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  17. Itazuki New Player

2 powers is hardly a lot. Sorcery got what it needed. You can no longer lose every counter attempt and still live with it anymore, skill over power choice, I think that is fair.

Even with the fix, it's still by far the easiest to use and most efficient healer in PvP right now.
    • Like x 6
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Clutch isn't human lol he's either a government android, non-government android or a Keebler Elf.

Not sure what power he is in arenas as I haven't checked. I know he's a huge fan of red lanterns in comic lore.
  19. TheWhiteFace New Player

On his channel he has showcased some Rage. I'm not sure if he's still Rage or if he has changed. Best to ask him yourself.
  20. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

I tried telling people before that Gadgets just doesn't hit hard outside of AM. The damage from it's powers, both burst and Dot, just isn't there. You really need to have as much crits as possible to be doing much of anything outside of the AM. And now everything w/AM is vulnerable to interrupt like they don't want us to use it... Plus the nerf to EMP>Distract in order to fix something else entirely. How do you break an intended clip in order to fix something else??? Anyway, the only way Gadgets is spamming w/AM in PVP is if nobody is paying attention to them.