Highly unbalanced and abused powers

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gale Reaper, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I noticed, but notes don't state that damage will be reduced, meaning it will still be a killer power to use in 1v1 and 2v2. They also don't state that chainsaw will be counterable before the 4+ second damage boost.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

True but usually when the power splits the damage definitely is lowered; for example when entrap was not splitting properly it was way to powerful, now it has been reduced significantly. Although I do agree that chainsaw should be vulnerable to block at some point or since the continuing combo mechanic it makes it vulnerable to lunge, increase the cooldown to prevent it from being spammed.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

another cry thread for PVP just because you got beat doesn't mean something is over powered. all powers have strengths and weaknesses
    • Like x 1
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

• Like x 3
  5. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

You cant spam powers in pvp, and it doesnt heal for that much i have a electric toon, I do 5v5s and 4v4all the time and i never seen my galvanize heal my team too full or even a quarter of their health so this is completely wrong.
    Don't ask for nerf because you think its op please test it before please.

6. Ge0F0rce Well-Known Player

Only thing I disagree with you on is chainsaw. Chainsaw hits minimally for 1.5k each hit I have seen it hit 4k each hit numerous times in a combo. How do I know? I am currently hard light.
  7. MusicNotez New Player

Galvanize is not as good as you make it out to be, even if every one on a 5s team has a pet out You'll be lucky to heal a low hp team member to anything above 25%, so it cant even function as a life saver. You'll get much more benefit using Bio cap then arc > eburst.

Chainsaw, 1v1 I agree. It does a ton of safe damage.

Outrage is blockable, and very obvious besides.

Can't form any opinion about watcher, I'm elec healing ATM.

Emp is very interruptable. Not sure if you just missed the counter window or what, but being unable to clip it with distract extends that windows by a ton, and setting it up with 3 pi's gives the same effect.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lawlessworlddc New Player

"Can't spam powers in pvp" ? OH LAWD, either you don't pvp or you haven't ran into a gads user or nature or celes. Nature can power spam... Shocker
    Edit: HL also but i think that's combo'ing... Still hits hard
    • Like x 1
  9. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I know it's pointless to mention but battle display makes every power except battle display and distract interruptible when cast so all you have to do to stop the power return and get free immunity is lunge. You can synch with the cast because if they extend beyond the 1.25 second window they lose out on the boosted damage.
  10. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Sorc watcher can keep you/partner/party alive easily, if not killed first.
    • Like x 1
  11. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

i PvP all the time guy, and yes i did run into a nature, celestial ( got a huge nerf from what i heard) and gadgets ( gadgets is a bad dps power ever since they fixed emp) let me tell you all those powers are bad at dps they all tickle my health
    I do competitive scrims all the time in my server. i hardly ever lose
    • Like x 2
  12. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Gameplay right? What about in 1v1. I'm sure they don't 'tickle' when they spam there.
  13. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

Yea, Gameplay and i hardly do 1v1 so i cant answer that question
    I mostly do 4v4 and 5v5s
    • Like x 1
  14. Alfytheyordle New Player

One thing I hate is being one shotted by a rage in pvp lmao
    ;-;
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Watcher healing is being reduced in PvP in the next hot fix.
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

One down.
    I believe Mental's stun lock should be mentioned too. Its not widely known but is hardcore abused by a few.
    It can be done with almost all powersets but Mental has the easiest and quickest access to it.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Good to know they got that one out quick :D
  18. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

fliers+duel wield/handblasters come to mind when i read this thread.
    • Like x 4
  19. The_fair_1 Committed Player

So we have established every power had something that made it OP.
  20. space outlaw Well-Known Player