Highest DPS class atm?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aggronator, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atrox New Player

I was implying that ice isnt capable of quick, burst dmg but they arent as proficant as hardlight. I simply met that ice has "sit back and nuke" capabilities because of frost blast.
  2. segundoblz New Player

All my likes. Enuff discussion.
  3. SUPERlVlAN New Player

yes there are powers that are good for dpsing but dont callout the other powers as being bad. Im an ice dps and i have beaten all powerset on the board while helping out my team. any powerset can be good you just need to get a handle on it. Im not saying im the best i just know how to us my powers.
    • Like x 3
  4. FrostyMagma New Player

i love the way you worded it. but my expirence with ice latley espically in pvp is you can do both. il give you a quick example, aside from wintery tempest and bitter winds allready stacked, you can clip snowball with a weapon combo to ice beam (think its called that) to a quick impaling back to the beam, then to impaling ice by then. their is another loadout that is a little faster but hits slightly less, i havent got out dpsed by and hard light in any instance yet and in my league we have 130 plus full t4 modded hatd light and we go back and forth, but we can do this with any power
    • Like x 1
  5. preydemon New Player

im a ice dps and i use 917 precision with 2 hand ...ancd i have NO trouble keepin up or passin others..ice bash is a beast with alot of precision...ity doesnt matter what powers u have its how u use that power and skill points matter
  6. SUPERlVlAN New Player

frosty your right its the player that makes the power not the other way around for my ice dps i us Impaling ice (35% finisher) ice bash (weapon buff) bitter winds (small shield and aoe) resonating gale (ranged aoe and power interaction with winter tempest) reflect (best shield) and winter tempest (aoe dot that works with resonating gale) and i have beat every power at leaslt twice in dps
  7. SUPERlVlAN New Player

WarriorOfJustice is my main 7 pieces of norsemen modded for might and percision. 89 cr with 130 sp
  8. FrostyMagma New Player

very good stuff, i just switched back to fire cause its my fav, for the dlc, im Molten Magma, 155 sp
  9. SUPERlVlAN New Player

cool im going quantum to try it out when the ps3 in done with maintence if you wanna do some ops or raids hmu in game WarriorOfJustice
  10. WeaponNine New Player

Well put.
  11. WeaponNine New Player

Hard Light has been nerfed some as of late. I would give the lead to gadgets atm. With the new T5 raids coming DOT powersets will reign supreme.
  12. ARI ATARI New Player

hard light is clearly the strongest dps.
    all other are equal.
  13. Ogat New Player

OMG IT"S THE PLAY.... Yep, agreed. Gadgets also has a minimal edge but it's not as significant.
  14. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

From my own experience
    1. HL
    2. Gadgets
    3. Electricity
    4. Mental
    5. Earth
    6. Nature
    7. Ice
    8. Fire
    Sorcery not on the list. I've done well with 1-7 but never really got the hang of fire or sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Quantum is the OP! Nerf Quantum!!!!

Disclaimer: I haven't played the DLC yet or even seen Quantum. This post is pre-emptive of the upcoming Quantum QQ threads that will start tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  16. ToySoldier13 New Player

Did you put up the exact same numbers with all three powers you listed? Have you tried the other powers and also did the exact same damage each time? That doesn't even take into account exactly who the other DPS were.

Again, you guys need to stop saying "well this one time I beat x, so the powers are equal" It is a nonsense arguement and holds no water.

Still waiting for a single person to mathematically explain how Sorcery can ever top Gadgets. It can't be done, hence - Gadgets, HL top end; 5 in the middle whose order can fluxuate based on the content, and Sorcery and Nature at the bottom. That is simply how it is, but feel free to keep claiming that 1+1 does not in fact equal 2.
  17. FrostyMagma New Player

lol ok keep telling yourself that i cant mathmaticly explain that stuff. crazy diffacult, but in "MY" expirence i have out dps every power with every power. so again i say, again and again, it isnt the power it is the player why wont anyone understand.
    Quote their is no op power just some easier than others.
  18. ToySoldier13 New Player

Ugh, whatever. Not just at frosty but the rest of you as well who share the sentiment that hard numbers don't matter - how terrible at DPSing are you guys if you've never actually crunched the numbers to find out your optimal effectiveness? Do you just find a cookie cutter loadout and go with it?
  19. Toxiic Committed Player

Has anyone every seriously tested which dps can put out the most damage while conserving power and staying alive? I would try but its a long and tedious process escpecially playing on the ps3 imo. If someone else wants to try this you have would have to have the same everything to serious results. For instance, same innates in both the iconic tree and weapon tree, same gear with same mods, and same weapon. Obviously you shouldn't have the same power because there is no point seeing if the power is stronger than itself and as far as the innates in the two power trees (i.e telekenesis+illusion or amerage+voltage) you should try and keep those as close as possible between the two powers you are testing.
  20. FrostyMagma New Player

to much work for me i only been stating what i have personally accomplished i run with amazing players and they would agree. like someone who is lets say a wrestler. greco roman of course. is a state champ or an olympain he is there cause he is better than others, being a better dps is a player skill not a power skill. when you figure that out then you are a true dps untill then you probably just jump fron 1 op power to the next.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.