Hey Devs- can we get another clarification please?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

Please keep comments relative (and civil) as I and others would like to have some clarification and not get this shut down

Power Distribution
    Hitting an enemy with a Controller Debuff grants you and up to 7 group members Power equal to 6% of your Vitalization, and Precision equal to 1% of your Vitalization. This effect stacks for each type of Controller Debuff used.

There has been a thread going now for 9 days with over 4 pages of back and forth discussion. One of the biggest issues we have on these forums is MISINFORMATION (dom = aggro anyone!) https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/troll-artifact-questions.294604/

If it is supposed to work like Mepps had described to me via PM: This IS a power heal to the tune of 6% of your vit. We can look at the wording there. I'm not sure how many times it can stack, though.

If ^^^ this is the case then according to quite a bit of testing it is not working as intended- Can we get some dialogue going with the Devs in regards to this?
    • Like x 5
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The artifact is working as intended, each debuff is gonna buff the Power pool of the controller and up to 7 group members.
    I´m gonna link a video in wich is explained (among other controller things) how is this artifact working right now:

TL;DW is not a power heal.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

It appears to be working this way, you are correct.

Except you missed the fact that Mepps pm'd me with the following : This IS a power heal to the tune of 6% of your vit. We can look at the wording there. I'm not sure how many times it can stack, though.

This is why I'm asking for clarification. If what Mepps says is accurate- then in fact it's not working as intended.
    See the issue?
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The problem is the direct answer you got, not even how the buff is worded in the tooltip. Not gonna go further into the subject because some people may think that i´m trolling...
    • Like x 2
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

I don't think you are trolling, but that's the response when asking is it a power bar increase or a power heal. He even notates they can look at the wording.

I would just like response as we have pages in the last thread that contradict this.
  6. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

When I initially read the artifact's tooltip, I thought it was what Mepps said: a power heal. I would much prefer it be a power heal over its current implementation. A power heal is more beneficial than increasing the power pool, in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mepps made a mistake, it happens. Look at the descriptions of the other artifacts. Look at the tank one specifically, the Dilustel Refractor. It says "Hitting an enemy with a Pull grants you and up to 7 group members Health equal to X% of your Dominance." Now what does that do? It grants a buff to the Health stat, it does not restore health or act as an actual heal. If Parasite's Power Harness was supposed to restore power to the group it would be worded differently. It would say something like "Hitting an enemy with a Controller Debuff replenishes you and up to 7 group members Power by X% of your Vitalization." Think about the further wording about it stacking up to 3 times - why would power heals need to stack? They don't. A power heal is a single burst of power, it doesn't need to stack. Stat buffs, on the other hand, can stack.
    • Like x 7
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Still agree, still want clarification too.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No one is denying how it's working. We would just like clarification.
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

And yes, I've seen the video. Don't really agree with how he think trolling works now. As a munitions troll, I don't even have to use recharge anymore, or a weapon. So this isn't really the controller meta, rather 1 players view of how it should be. Also not saying it's wrong. It's just not my play style, so I would never play that way, nor promote others.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Thats your opinion. I agree 100% on what he says in the video and I think that is the optimal way to play that role right now in the game.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

And that's your opinion. Lol. Again, no one is saying it's wrong. Just not the way I enjoy playing the role, and probably not the only one. :)

Let's just let the devs confirm the artifact. This thread has nothing to do with that video, your opinion or mine on how the role is played. Pretty sure everyone can agree that we all do things differently.
  13. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I would like to see a response and clarification please.

DEVs can you show a few trolls some love and comment?
    • Like x 1
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

I really wish I didn't expec5 it, but dang they've been active on the boards lately and couldn't at least say something?

FYI ran the Stabalizer event with you yesterday prime. I was also on my atomic toon
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Mepps hasn't been online since 11 AM eastern yesterday, so the chances he'd say something are slim.

The other devs are just antisocial, so I wouldn't expect to hear a peep from them lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's also a weekend.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Geezus all this was over some semantics? Its a power pool increase, not a power dump.
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

I was referring to Fri.
    I hope they get time off in weeekends!
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's the best part of having an office job.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

:)