Heroic Educators

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Electrizzaro, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Updated the front page to reflect the upcoming Crossplay server merge.
    • Like x 1
  2. Glacial Breeze Well-Known Player

Are you sick and tired of running DUO's, Alert's, and Raid's in PUG groups? Having trouble finding someone to run those LPVE and PVP maps with you? Have you wanted to be part of team of gamers that actually 'GIVE A CRAP" about your gaming experience?

Heroic Educators has it all! Experienced players in every power set, talkers, typers, young and............aging.........alike! We run all types of content with all types of gamers. We will help you learn, or happily learn a new trick or two from you!! We run Feat nights, Raid Nights, heck some of us even run what you need ran even if we are loot locked! Come and join a league that helps and cares for it's members, a team that looks out for one another and doesn't just talk the talk. Come join the Heroic Educators!
    • Like x 1
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Would you guys be interested in housing one of my characters? He'd be a low tier 7 Ice character. I wouldn't be playing him like a main but likely an hour a couple days during the week and likely a lot more during the weekend. I have an Ice character in my main league already so having this specific character in there too is redundant. He doesn't fit the naming scheme I used there and meeting new players would be welcoming. I know the powerset, have been playing for a long time, know how to be independent if need be, etc. so I doubt I'd be a burden.

Let me know what you think.
    • Like x 1
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

That would be fine with us. We have a couple of embers in multiple leagues. As long as you are active, talk, and have fun you should be good. Send me or one of the mentors on the first page a tell when you see us on and we will get you into the league.
  5. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Welcome to Heroic Educators. We are a DRAMA free Mutli Game league Open to any player on the US servers PS or PC. We are composed of both rookie and veteran DCUO players that are willing to run ALL-game content. So if you have been searching for a league that takes the time to teach you how to play your role or how to beat some content here we are. We do not care if you are T1 or T7 in DCUO, we will help you if you ask for it. That is what a league is for.

We don’t have SP, Lvl, or CR requirements that comes with time and we are here to help you be the best at your role. We are a MATURE League, so PLEASE be aware of that fact when you apply. By MATURE I mean that we expect ALL of our members to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. IE no tantrums, fit throwing, name calling, etc. We are all adults so act like it.

We are on and active during the evening hours on weekdays, however we come out in force on the weekends.

Rules:
    -No discrimination will be tolerated, this includes cr, sp, mic or no mic, as well as the normal age, sex, race, religion, etc.
    -Be a team player
    -Help out other members
    -Communicate: If you don't not talk or type to us we cannot help you. We are not mind readers.
    -Participate
    -No Elitism - We all started at the bottom at some point and got to where we are with the help of others.
    -Above all, we are here to have fun, learn, and teach content to our members!
    If you are interested in joining or want to learn more, submit an application or send an in-game mail or tell to:

League Founder
    - Electrizzaro
    Recruitment Officer
    - Aaryiana

DCUO Mentors

Om3gaMan..................Atomic
    WhiteKnight Strife........Celestial
    ShadoStone.................Earth
    Crimson Namid.............Electricity
    TheDarkKryptonian.......Fire
    TheTormentor..............Gadgets
    SuperBladeRunner........Ice
    BigDaddy14..................Hard Light
    Mentor Wanted.............Mental
    Mentor Wanted.............Nature
    Mentor Wanted.............Quantum
    Mentor Wanted..............Rage
    Mentor Wanted.............Sorcery
    Mentor Wanted.............Munitions

Now we do still have open spots for Mentors. I would like to have a Mentor for every power. Currently we have the following Mentor positions open Sorcery, Mental, Rage, Nature and Munitions. If you are interested in filling this spot let me know.

All new members will be subject to a one week trial period. Then a group of random members of the league will decide at the end of this period whether we believe that we are a good fit for you.
  6. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

7. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I can't seem to add Mentor Wanted or Aaryiana as friends but I'll be on throughout the day watching the forums or in-game logins. I can provide my character name via PM if you need verification. I prefer not to post it. Thanks! :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

No worries. We will get you on. Not sure how busy the league will be with the Superbowl today lol. I will be on running some seasonals and such on Electrizzaro, Ragezzaro, Noob Zzaro, and Tae Roc. I will pm for your toons name. See you in game.
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Not feeling particularly creative today so just a bump :D
  10. Glacial Breeze Well-Known Player

Add any of the toons in my sig, Im mostly on Necci, Glacial Breeze, or Prothious
    • Like x 1
  11. weirdcameraangle New Player

Hey! I'm pretty happy to see a thread like this because at the moment I have no friends on PS and have...little to no idea what I'm doing in DCUO. I would love to have some help learning the basics :) Shoot me a message on PS. My ID is weirdcameraangle. I hope to hear from someone soon.
    • Like x 1
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Got him in the league thanks Glacial
  13. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I do not normally add peoples PSN's to mine. I will however be happy to add your in game name to my friends list (you will have to post it here first or send a PM) and you can add mine (my toons names are in my sig) or any of my mentors names to your friends list. Then we can meet in game, talk about the league and get you an invite if you like.
  14. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Welcome to Heroic Educators. We are a DRAMA free Mutli Game league Open to any player on the US servers PS or PC. We are composed of both rookie and veteran DCUO players that are willing to run ALL-game content. So if you have been searching for a league that takes the time to teach you how to play your role or how to beat some content here we are. We do not care if you are T1 or T7 in DCUO, we will help you if you ask for it. That is what a league is for.

We don’t have SP, Lvl, or CR requirements that comes with time and we are here to help you be the best at your role. We are a MATURE League, so PLEASE be aware of that fact when you apply. By MATURE I mean that we expect ALL of our members to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. IE no tantrums, fit throwing, name calling, etc. We are all adults so act like it.

We are on and active during the evening hours on weekdays, however we come out in force on the weekends.

Rules:
    -No discrimination will be tolerated, this includes cr, sp, mic or no mic, as well as the normal age, sex, race, religion, etc.
    -Be a team player
    -Help out other members
    -Communicate: If you don't not talk or type to us we cannot help you. We are not mind readers.
    -Participate
    -No Elitism - We all started at the bottom at some point and got to where we are with the help of others.
    -Above all, we are here to have fun, learn, and teach content to our members!
    If you are interested in joining or want to learn more, submit an application or send an in-game mail or tell to:

League Founder
    - Electrizzaro
    Recruitment Officer
    - Aaryiana

DCUO Mentors

Om3gaMan..................Atomic
    WhiteKnight Strife........Celestial
    ShadoStone.................Earth
    Crimson Namid.............Electricity
    TheDarkKryptonian.......Fire
    TheTormentor..............Gadgets
    SuperBladeRunner........Ice
    BigDaddy14..................Hard Light
    Mentor Wanted.............Mental
    Mentor Wanted.............Nature
    Mentor Wanted.............Quantum
    Mentor Wanted..............Rage
    Mentor Wanted.............Sorcery
    Mentor Wanted.............Munitions

Now we do still have open spots for Mentors. I would like to have a Mentor for every power. Currently we have the following Mentor positions open Sorcery, Mental, Rage, Nature and Munitions. If you are interested in filling this spot let me know.

All new members will be subject to a one week trial period. Then a group of random members of the league will decide at the end of this period whether we believe that we are a good fit for you.
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

If any of you potential members what to know what we mean by "we teach our members how to run content" this is what we mean here at the Heroic Educators

When we get new members that have never done content before, the first time through it we go slow so they can learn the mechanics and we show them the strategies for the content.

Duos probably do not matter as much but Alerts and Raids do. A lot of the current mechanics at end game are variations from earlier raids and alerts. It is easier for players to grasp and adapt to and learn them if they know how they worked in other content and they have some over powered people there to explain them and keep them alive while they try them out.

That being said, this means that if we run with them we may only use weapon attacks or even take off our weapon or gear to lower our cr...what ever it takes to make sure things stay alive long enough for the mechanics to show. Do we have to drop to their CR.....no but we do what we can to help the mechanics show so they can see what we are talking about.

If the new player is a tank...we let them get aggro, troll we help them focus on stuns and keep them on their toes about pot even if we do not need it, healer we may take gear off and put ourselves in harms way so they have to heal us.

It can be a pain in the butt a bit but this is how we all learned and why we are such good players. We make sure they get a chance to enjoy as much of the game as we did. After the first run through then we can burn stuff but that first run is where they will need to learn.

Remember we Are Heroic Educators! This is what we do. We do not kick someone because they do not know what POT is, we take the time to tell them and help them out. If they are a rage tank and do not use the rage mechanics we stop in the middle of the raid (after the wipe lol) and let them know what is going on and why they are having problems. We are NOT Elitists we take the time to have fun and make sure those we run with are having fun also. Even if they are not in our league, as long as they are not turd burgers that is. If you are a turd burger and refuse to listen or get rude then you get DAS BOOT!

If you are one of those new to game members and have a question...ask. If you have not run Fos 2 before or even know what it is, ask. We will be happy to take the time to show you what we know. That is what a league is for and that is what makes this league GREAT.
  16. Saybro Committed Player

Not in your league, but I don't mind helping someone understand rage. Just hit me up whenever and I'll know to try and log in. I'm deployed right now so my time will be different but friday night/Saturday is the best time I can help.
    • Like x 2
  17. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Tonight is Feat Night and tomorrow we do Raids. Hope you all have as great of a weekend as I will with my league.
  18. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Feat night went well. We also go through several raids on Saturday. Hope to have more join our ranks soon!
  19. cmjatom New Player

Hey Electrizzaro I sent you an in game message about joining :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Sounds good. I will check it out and send you a reply. Feel free to add me to your friends list and shoot me a tell when you see me get on. We can group up, talk about the league, and get an invite sent to you. See you in game.