Hero or Villain?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Victory122, May 9, 2019.

1. Victory122 Level 30

Hey all. So after a very long break (4+ years) I've decided to come back and start a new character, so I could learn all the new mechanics and builds. I logged into my old villain and hero characters, and saw that the villain side more or less empty, while the hero side still has some players (I play the eu servers). As I remember enjoying the villain side more, I wanted to ask- is this the normal population for that side now? The hall of doom being empty and all? I really want to get the full 2019 dcuo experience, raids and party play as well. So should I just make a new hero?

Thanks in advance
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's early (10:30 a.m. here), and reset day - hardly anybody that's on will be in the HoD, they'll be in the DLC Open Worlds running content ;). Also, since PvP took a nosedive, fewer people hang out in the HoD, but the ones you will find there are usually around later after school / work / university. Mostly guys from The Brawlers, TheØutcasts and Hells Fighters. Oh - and skullanbone :D.
    • Like x 1
  3. Victory122 Level 30

Actually, I logged in yesterday at 18:00, and the hall was quite empty...
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Fair enough :). As I said, though - the state of PvP means only about 10-15 or so people at a time hang around there much these days. Most others tend to either stay in their Bases between instances, or congregate in the Open World somewhere.

It also depends on the Phase you are in - I'm not sure how the game decides which Phase to put people in, but some are always more empty than others - but when you Phase With a friend, the place can suddenly be rocking.

The actual PvP Phase via the Phase Shifter is a ghost town, though.
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The real question you should ask is "what server?" On the US server the villain side is pretty good, EU...thats another story.
    • Like x 1
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

OK.
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hey Hey I have SELECTIVE reading. Dont judge me. Lol XD
    Just switch to the US server Villain side and most of your game problems/worries will be over. I know quite a few EU players that switched to the US servers because theirs was dead. You will have to start a new character but if its on the same account you can carry feats/styles/MP items over.
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

trust me villain side might be more "dead and empty" but it really doesn't effect ques much since hero side is no better queuing up for a raid and even some alerts, half the time if i do get in a raid/alert fast it's cause of task force X and my teams are almost always inevitably mixed heroes and villains, especially events. then again my ignore list IS filled with just about every bum and gold spammer in the watchtower to date and a few less than tactful players from open worlds.
  9. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

theres also task force x, which allows heros to join with villains an do the villain version of instances and vice versa, so it really dont matter which side you play, heros may have a much larger population but i still see amanda waller b4 it starts like 65% of the time
  10. Victory122 Level 30

I'll try that. Thanks
  11. True Lasombra Well-Known Player

Mosly appreciated my friend!!! (Skullanbone here) I mostly stoytelling in heroes side now....I need share the wisdom to heroes! (Allan, Angie say bye :)
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Always villains FTW
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For The Wait?....Totally agree. Dead over there unless you have a deep friends list or are in a populated league. Or unless you are wanting to stand around in the HOD staring at each other and spamming Shout with nonsense. That's often fast and furious.

BTW...True Lasombra....nice Necro.
    [IMG]
  14. Starblast Well-Known Player

Personally I like both....the villain side at times often seems nicer. and some of the earlier content is altered a bit. IE....Circe will carry the lightning bolt of Zeus instead of WW and you get dialogue from Hecate giving her the chain thing to fight Typhon. The Ravens are different while fighting Trigon. Now it seems all content we are all friends....but ya know....we all really are :)
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol For The Win. An on EU maybe but PS4/PC in US is fine. No issue really getting into any content an if the bounty spam is anything to determine “skill” i have yet so be in an OP spam phase w/heroes that can come close to takin out bounties as fast as villans. Also watching pickups an such an seems to me from i have seen villans just dont die as much, do far better on time and mechanics, and pickup the downed ppl more.
    My experience too is villan side doesnt have near the ammount of children and is in general far more helpful to each other.
    Thats just what i have seen an what i have experienced tho
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

A) The bounty spams aren't really a good gauge of getting into things. If you look at LFG and take the bounty spam out, there are more gold seller posts up most nights than user posts....queue for anything WITHOUT task force X on is terrible. I have a screen shot somewhere of over an hour worth of villain LFG chat...it all fit on one screen and was 80% gold sellers. The other 20% was whatever bounty was hot at the time (Manbat I think). Hero LFG cycles out about every 2 min.
    B) Yes, the villain phase spam goes pretty well, assuming you can get in. This is because EVERY villain that is on the server and doing bounties is in one phase more than likely. Hopefully you can phase in. Feast or famine. At least on the hero side, there are 2 or 3 active phases if one is filled up...try another. Honestly if i'm running solo villain on my PS4 sometimes, I leave a PC hero logged in so I can phase there, then phase with my hero toon just to get things done.

Hey, I'm not trying to talk you out of liking villains. I still have fun playing bad guy on occasion too. But to say that it's doing 'fine' is a bit of an overstatement and sorry...bounties are not a indicator of how things are going.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea so i think you misread maybe?
    A) no, thats not what is said at all. I said i have no issue getting into anything.
    About the spam, re-read. I said if its any indicator of skill on each side. I have yet to see a packed her phase that can come close to doing as good as a soft villan phase. Thats my exoerience an others may be dif. Im saying it as my observation not fact. But what i see is basically a out a 3-1 ratio. Seems to take about 30 heroes to accomplish what 10 villans will an thats been consistent for me since day 1 of new OP
    Phases.
    B) false, every villan is not in there. See above, i have had no issue grouping up or Q’n up anything. That cant be the case islf every villan is spamming as u suggest. Even if they were, i was speaking about the size of the phases an my experience is again that it takes way more heroes to get done what way less villans can. This suggests to me that the skill lvl is vastly better on villan side. Again, its my o servation perhaps
    Others had fldif experiences so im not sayin its fact. Just is that way anytime im witnessing it.

And how is me saying in my experience villan side is doing fine an overstatement? U trying to insinuate that My experience is false because that would mean this is some strange matrix type false realty because i live it lol. I Q for things daily an build groups for things daily. An have no issue. So my experience is its fine. Not sure how/why Your attempting to argue the experince i am having since its mine an not yours but hey, balls in your court, im listening. Tell me more about the actual Experience im having ingame daily on villan side is somehow false lol
    • Like x 1
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Just to give my 2 cents on the subject, this is going off of all hero spam groups for the new bounties and all villain spam groups.

The quality of villains seem better in my experience, there will max in phase in a hero phase and fail on hydra, with hydra still having 40% health+, but not villains can have less players and beat him before the halfway mark.

Sure there could be different variables to weigh into each encounter, but I'm merely going off of amount of players and success rates vs other faction on the same bounty.
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But to elaborate on my post above, I've been villain only since 2011 and never had much issues getting content done, I'm sitting at CR316 which is the current DLC' max CR for reg gear and the extra gear. I'm in a league that holds 4 people so it's not like I'm in a massive league to run all my content daily / weekly ect, and it hasnt really effected getting SP as I'm nearly 500sp
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not getting into a 'whos stronger due to bounty spam examples' discussion....sorry, I retract any comments on that.

Was just saying to a new user (or returning user) who is deciding which side to pick, saying things are 'fine' might be misleading. Your experience is that of someone at end game, probably with a decent friends list or league. Queuing for current content is different than progressing through the game from scratch. If you have no issues getting into things, that's great...I didn't say YOU had any issues. But to say that there is as much activity on the Villain side as hero...either in LFG or just open world....yeah, you might be living in the matrix somewhere I have not visited.