Here's why Star Sapphire should not be a healer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

That's every free to play game... Dc says it's free to play to if you want to argue semantics
  2. Antwoman Dedicated Player

So it should be DCUO Free to Play what we want you to play until you pony up the cash.
  3. Ken Spartan Committed Player

If they want to go the future brainiac angle, they should bring him in game, or even allow us to travel to the aftermath of the opening cinematic, and comic.
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

well... its f2p until you get to level 30.... which is basically learning the game.. yea u can get to tier 3.. but... its basically just a limitless trial... its no biggie.. if ur gonna mmo sub.. i mean i tried buying all the dlcs.. for a couple months. after Last laugh came out. i couldnt handle. not being able to oopen lockboxes.. the 3 day wait on vault. NO CASH is a biggie... if we could buy all this stuff with in game cash. and hold more money.. like swtor... maybe. but. DCUO is meant to be subbed. specially with the new episodes coming out.. monthly... 5 bucks a month. plus all the other stuffu buy. or just sub and get everything.

but as of "F2p" aka Unlimited trial mmos go... dcuo is the best... in wow u can only go to level 20... Swtor is second place cause like i said u can buy mostly everything with in game currency in that one... and theirs many more.... but dcuo is by far the best cause it gives u a change to learn your toon.. do everything... combat wise/pvp/pve/alerts/duos/challenges/collections/ i can go on.. but the real leveling starts when u hit 30. your Combat rating
  5. Power Girl Well-Known Player

I've had this name since the forums reset lol.
  6. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Yep. I can't count the number of times I've told other players that Star Sapphires do not heal. Sapphires use their power to control their target. They don't heal at all.

The closest thing to a Lantern Healer in my opinion is Indigo because they can tap into the power of Empathy (Like Raven). Empathy is capable of many things...like healing others.

Here's my two cents. If the underworld ever froze over, this is how I see MY dream Lantern powers in DCUO:

Red Lantern - Cross Faction Tank
    Star Sapphire - Cross Faction Controller
    Indigo Lantern - Cross Faction Healer

Green/Yellow Lantern - Hero/Villain Controller
    Blue/Orange Lantern - Hero/Villain Healer
    White/Black - Hero/Villain Tank

Thanks for reading. (^_^)
    • Like x 1
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

8. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Looking at it there really are only 2 good choices its Indigo and Sapphire really. The most if not 99% of men in the universe is unworthy is holding the Star Sapphires back.
    • Like x 2
  9. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol if we get either Indigo or Sapphire wouldn't that leave one power to go in Wind. Earth, Water, Fire and Heart (Sapphire/Indigo)....With your powers combine I am Captian.....DCUO.
  10. MariaTenebre Committed Player

They never said that 999% of Men were unworthy for Star Sapphire powers. Some Men are worthy and there have been Men wielding Violet light. As I mentioned before most people in general are unworthy for Lantern powers and yet they are open to everybody and in game most Red Lanterns are evil and that dosen't stop that power from being open to heroes.

Also I honestly don't think that Indigo is that much worthy because on the most part when the Indigo rings land on a person the Compassion forces them to be good.
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Red Lantern are anti-hero at best. "Evil" is stretching it. That's like saying Deadpool is evil.

For fun let's say there is only 1001 members, John Stewart being 1. What's 1/1000. It's 0.001%. Unless the writers decide to include more male lanterns the fact will not change that Star Sapphire is a female-oriented corps.

Star Sapphire in it's very core and history is female oriented. The corps was formed by female warriors who embraced emotions as opposed to the male counter parts which shunned it.
    Just because one male made it in does not mean that The Star Sapphires Corps is suddenly unisex.
    • Like x 4
  12. MariaTenebre Committed Player

The Red Lanterns are for the most part pretty antagonistic to everyone.

Also yes the corps was founded by Female warriors who embraced their emotions but again they never barred Men and Men who embrace their emotions are welcome. Besides John Stewart multiple Men have wielded the power of Violet Light and there are Men who are in touch with their emotions especially loves and Geoff Johns stated that some Men are worthy. Again just because the Star Sapphires have been mostly Feminine dosen't change the fact that they allow Men in. Just like in game the vast majority of Red Lanterns are pretty villainous but the power is neutral.
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking_(fallacy)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    • Like x 2
  14. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol I never said that you said 99% of are unworthy I just said that based off 3-4 men havig the ring. And Red Lanterns are viewed as evil that doesn't make them evil. And most men are not worthy 3-4 men and none are life long Star Sapphires (Well maybe John Steward is I don't know if he is a Green Lantern or Star Sapphire for a short time or both rings) that isn't enough to jusify men having Star Sapphire rings it just isn't, I can't blame DCUO for not putting male S.Sap its really DC Comics fault for not writing where it would be possible for DCUO to give rings to male's who proven their worthiness. I just can't justfy it right now its nothing against male players who want this power I wouldn't mind seeing all the boys out there with this power but its complicated if it wasn't we wouldn't be talking about it. Also I can't see it as a healer its more of a controller to me anyways.:)
  15. Antwoman Dedicated Player

You get a gold star (sapphire) for today. ;)
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Red Lanterns are for the most part pretty antagonistic and this game pretty much all of the Red Lanterns aside from Guy Gardner are evil and tend to do pretty disastrous things. Also I believe John Stewart still has his Star Sapphire ring so he is going on strong and it dosen't matter if no Man besides have have wielded the ring life long. The point is that they have wielded the power and gotten their own gear and again the Star Sapphires have never excluded Men as from the statement of Geoff Johns. Just because Men are in the minority of the Star Sapphires does not change the fact that the power is open to all genders. Just like even though the Red Lanterns as a whole are pretty vicious and antagonistic that dosen't change the fact that some heroes even though they may be a minority can join. Also I can blame DCUO for not putting in Male gear for Star Sapphires as the comics show that Men can join. Really there should be no argument as according to lore Men can become Star Sapphires point blank period. What really is foolish is that they made the Star Sapphire gear Female only even though Males can join and yet they made the Amazon and Wonder Woman gear for both genders when the Amazons have always been Female only and likewise their champion is Female only so no Wonder Men.
  17. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I don't know about foolish it really makes sense on the female only wearing Star gear, and as for you if it doesn't matter that there are no life long male s.sap that seems to matter too since if John Steward is the only and first one thats not enough to justify all males plus the most males are unworthy so the s.Star rings seeks females first. like i said you cannot blame DCUO for this this is DC Comics fault for making it like it is. S.Sap should't be a power to pick yet in the game and DC Comics probably will not allow it yet since its female oriented right now. I'm sorry it just is thats why there is only female style.
    • Like x 1
  18. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually it dosen't make sense for one as I mentioned John Stewart still has control of the ring and even if other Males didn't wield the ring for long that dosen't change the fact that Star Sapphires have never been Female exclusive so their gear and powers shouldn't be either. Again I go back to the Red Lanterns on the most part they are pretty villainous but have a small minority of heroes in game like Guy Gardner. So even though they are mostly antangonistic they still have heroes on. Likewise even though the Star Sapphires are mostly Female it dosen't change the fact that Females can join. Also the fact that most Males are unworthy is meaningless because in Lantern lore most people are unworthy of being Lanterns period and yet this power is open to everyone and I can go back to the example of Red Lantern heroes being in the minority. Also Star Sapphire rings seek who is worthy of love and some Men are worthy so it violates lore to make them Female only. I do blame DCUO for this as they violate lore by making it Female only when DC comics has had quite a few Men wielding the power. They had John Stewart join after all and it is especially hypocritical that they have Amazon and Wonder Woman styles to be for both genders even though the Amazons are all Female as is their champion so no Wonder Men. However they make the Star Sapphire style Female only when according to comic lore Men are not barred from joining. Again just because of the fact that Men are a minority in the Star Sapphires dosen't change the fact that the Star Sapphires do not exclude Men anymore then the fact that in game the Red Lanterns are mostly villainous does not exclude heroes from joining.
  19. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

You keep forgetting that the Blue rings NEED a GREEN RING in order to activate their abilities beyond basics, which is limited to hero only and breaks every other ring/emotion (minus violet and black I believe it was) in one way or another.

Also, what would the villain equivalent be if they were to use blue lanterns as healers when villains have a low to zero chance of being selected for a ring as well? Orange would be its own side with Larfleeze killing every orange player along with every orange player trying to kill each other because they want the rings all to themselves because its GREED.

Indigo is still LARGELY unexplored as far as I remember and they have been shown to heal the wounds of others. But since we know so little about them compared to the other more explored emotions (minus black and white, especially white) who knows how far their healing or powers can go? And since it can be run as the most neutral corp, it works for everyone without too much influence needed by anyone else.
  20. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Wrong, the Blue Lanterns can use their rings independently from Green Lantern influence. The Green Lanterns' influence only unlocks the stronger powers of the Blue Lanterns' rings.
    I wasn't really trying to think of one for villains, but maybe indigo, since villains usually are the ones inducted in to the Corps.
    It is a good choice, but it isn't the only choice. As I've said, they aren't the only corps with healing abilities.