Here's why Star Sapphire should not be a healer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Antwoman Dedicated Player

To me Orange is probably the only power of the Lanterns that would play any role. Because if its pets system Orange can be any role...Which could be explored more in DCUO really.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jak-Man Committed Player

3. Antwoman Dedicated Player

no prob I was going to do a thread on powers that Red Lantern could have gotten in game but didn't still might.
  4. Jak-Man Committed Player

Careful-- you know who is gonna attack you. Matter of fact, everyone should prepare themselves.
    • Like x 4
  5. Oriole New Player

looking at the list powers you gave SSap should be a controller not a healer I know alot of people want it but I don't see it as an healer. Because Indigo is what the OP called unexplored in the DCU I can see it fitting a healer role better.
  6. Baby Sister Committed Player

Instead of giving it a power how about they color rage or hard light to a pink color instead of green or red and say it's star sapphire power.
  7. Helderman Dedicated Player

Here enter the sexism... Healer is such a girly thing, and Star Sapphires are most girls... see where i'm going?
  8. Antwoman Dedicated Player

looking at the lanterns they all seems like controllers really lol
  9. Ken Spartan Committed Player

The color change option would be the laziest thing I had ever seen in dcuo, or possibly any game I've ever played. Each Lantern Corps is different, and have different abilities. To simply boil them down to color would be asinine.
  10. Ken Spartan Committed Player

To be fair, the other rings can't heal others, like the Sapphire ring can. Their healing ability only affects themselves.
  11. Antwoman Dedicated Player

true Indigo can heal minor injuries but it in DC lore have been said its still have more potenial, to me its the closest to all around healing
    • Like x 1
  12. HalJordan1OA New Player

Hoisted, by his own pitard.
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

if u wanna call it lazy fine.. but again the player rings are lazy... they are pre programmed, thats why im pulling for this idea so much.. and when it comes to DCUO lantern powersets, the rules are different from the comics..being how the rings are pre loaded witha certain amount of power... its the best option and probobly the only way were gonna get each ring for the suits. besides the suits having rings one gloves.. and that would work for anypowerset wearing the say Scion of ion suit... but a HL toon wearing a scion of ion suit aka Green lantern suit would have two green lantern rings.. IT just sounds AWESOME... after seeing the kyle rayner and guy gardner legends. it just is a visually freakin AWESOME
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Given how often we see Staff use among players, it's not tough to imagine that being a bit of a dealbreaker. LOL
  15. Grumpy Dedicated Player

inb4 "John Stewart was a Star Sapphire so we will get the power and the style for males!"
    There is a fine line between NEUTRAL and VILLAIN. Google it.
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Indigo will be the healer power for a few reasons if they even do the lantern healing power

Its make female neutral (especially the color) but also its corp is mixed

It's villain hero neutral

They have healing abilities in the comics...

The mimic other lantern powers (or can) which would be enticing for the devs as they already have animations from two player usable lantern powers... Rage/hardlight nit to mention npc lantern powers blue (whichis also used in legends) orange and black and violet ... Remember I said mimic not become those...these are all animations the can pull from making it less time for them when making animations mixed in with original animations to the power set ...

Indigo us the smartest choice oyt of all of them

Sadly hope will never be a power as its hero only
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

well i still see Batman mainly as a controller because of hes tactician skills while i see superman mainly as a Tank , the one who is always at the frontline getting most dmg in and wonderwoman would be somekind of a mix role between controll (lasso) and tank, different kind of tank as she deflects or avoids most dmg in unlike superman.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

You see them, doesn't mean they are. Batman can be an evasive tank. Wonder Woman can be a Battle healer. Superman can be a controller by using his physical powers. (Spinning.)

Really. There is no roles in comics. It's just this game decision to put roles in.
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

i disagree because when it comes to a group of heroes , like justice league they clearly have roles , ofcourse everyone could fit in the role it is needed but they all have their favourite role.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Agreed I think that's what they made a mistake with this game giving support rokes was a bad idea when mist people in a superhero game just want to punch stuff...
    One of the many reason why marvel heroes has been so successful is there is no roles in the game