Here's why Star Sapphire should not be a healer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Antwoman, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Star Sapphire Energy Conduit: The rings use Star Sapphire energy, supplied by a Power Battery, which in most cases takes the form of violet light. Star Sapphire Power ring's, considered by some to be one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user.
    • Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of violet energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by the love of the user. The weapons power is more an indication of the love of the user.
    • Force-Field Generation: The ring can create various forcefields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around her. The ring creates a force-field around the wearer, protecting her from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter.
    • Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of violet energy. The primary function of the Power Ring is to provide a weapon capable of transforming the wearer's thoughts into physical constructs through the wearer's mastery of love. A Star Sapphire can create any particular items or construct that they can imagine as long as they have the mastery of love necessary to will it into existence. The constructs are made out of violet energy, which is a tangible form of pure love. Items created by the rings are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the inspired love of the Star Sapphire creating them. The types of constructs usually reflect the ring wearer's personality.
    • Crystallization: A Star Sapphire has the unique power to crystallize others with the power of love. This power is not fully understood but they apparently put the victim in a form of suspended animation. The power is great enough to crystallize an entire planet in a limited amount of time.
    • Phasing: The Power Ring allows the wearer to pass through certain solid objects, such as walls. Which objects that are not penetrable are not known, but it may depend upon the strength of the wearer's mastery of love and the density of the object's molecular structure.
    • Environmental Playback: Upon request, the power ring can recreate a holographic environment based on data in its memory banks. The ring wielder can observe events in a ghostlike state, but the ring wielder cannot alter the outcome of the playback.
    • Invisibility & Light Refraction: A ring wielder can render herself invisible by willing the ring to bend light waves around her form, as well as that of the power ring. Presumably, a similar action allows an experienced ring wielder to create objects of colors other than violet.
    • Energy Twin: The power ring allows the wearer to create an "energy twin" of her that can travel at far greater speeds than that of the ring wielder's physical form. While the energy twin is active the ring wielder remains motionless, his/her/its life force is needed to guide the energy twin.
    • Energy Absorption: The ring can absorb and store most other energies. Unlike the green lantern power rings a qwardian power ring can replenish the normal store of energy the ring has. A ring that needs recharging but contained a store of electricity could only discharge that electricity, for example.
    • Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the ring wielder to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. Black holes can be navigated by experienced ring wielders.
    • Limited Cellular Regeneration: This ring has a limited ability to heal physical injuries and this seems to be a feature held over from the previous incarnations of the ring. Star Sapphire can use the ring to repair minor injuries in herself or others.
    • Electromagnetic Scanning: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities based on the imagination of the user. If one can conceive of it, he can probably detect it. Magical effects like clairvoyance seem to be beyond the scope of the ring. Most normal electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, television, infrared, ultraviolet, and high frequency band communications.
    • Xenolinguistics: Keeping in mind the myriad of worlds, life forms, and cultures throughout the cosmos, it is understandable why Star Sapphire added a translation system to the power ring. The power ring can translate virtually any language in the universe, facilitating diplomatic encounters rather than violent confrontations.
    • Material Alteration: The Star Sapphire's uniform is not made out of fabric. It is created by the Power Ring whenever the wearer wills to wear it. It automatically appears over the wearer's normal clothing, and vanishes when the wearer wills to return to their civilian attire. Most Star Sapphire's wear similar uniforms that are programmed into the ring by default. However, each Star Sapphire is able to adjust their uniform to fit their own needs, personalities and whims.
    • Ring Duplication: Most Power Rings are capable of automatically duplicating themselves. Each duplicate typically shares the qualities and capabilities of the original ring. While the thought of an unauthorized person getting a hold of a power ring and making duplicates for nefarious purposes, their ability to inflict damage is limited because each duplicate still requires to be recharged by a personal power battery.
    • Emergency Beacon: A Star Sapphire in distress can use her power ring as an emergency beacon. The alert can be directed to a Star Sapphire's neighboring sector, or it can be a Corps-wide alert.
    • Homing Beacon: A homing beacon in the power ring can lead one Star Sapphire to another. The power ring can be ordered to disguise itself to elude power ring wielding trackers. Most often ring wielders will allow the beacon to signal their location to others.
    • Mind Alteration: As the power ring relies on thought and will to operate, mind tampering is not impossible; the real difficulty lies in properly applying the power. A ring wielder can use the power ring to erase portions of an individual's memories. Star Sapphire can use mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Star Sapphires. They may be taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack. The power ring can also be used to beam information from the ring wielder to another being.
    • Security Protocol: The rings can be programmed. They are coded to the wearer to make them unusable if stolen.
    • Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date, even if the bearer is not wearing the ring.
    • Thought Relay: otherwise known as a telepathic link.
    • Rage Immunity: As rage is the opposite of love, ther violet light is unaffected by it, in fact it can shut down a Red Power Ring, if the wielder of it is made to feel love.
    • Avarice Immunity: True Love cannot be affected by greed, so Orange Light constructs can't absorb it.
    Based off this Star Sapphires would not make good healers in fact they would probably make better Controllers than Green/Yellow Lanterns.
    • Like x 4
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

NO...... Blue lantern healers as heroes and Indigo for villains.

Indigo is compassion and they absorb the emotion of what ever party their around.. that is more playable as a healer.. their not good or bad. their kinda neutral ... like the Red lanterns.. i dont think their will be a lantern healer power added at all.. i think if they do anything theyl do a Color change option for hardlight.. but hey... your idea is good... but... blue and indigo makes more sense... ss's are more trolls then healers... they debuff and wreak havoc
  3. Toshknight Loyal Player

There has been lots of good ideas for lantern powers , skins... w/e

such as . the HardLight power color change option i think i saw. wouldwork
    or adding the blue lantern healer power and indigo tribe healer power for villains

but my idea is why not just add rings to the Lantern goves themselves. that are on the Opposite hand that the HL ring is on . of course u can color it so that it doesnt show up if u want. but think of Guy gardner and Kyle rayner in legends. rayner is a blue lantern... with his blue ring on his right hand and the green on the left. hand.. it could be like that...

bing bang boom... that is probobly the best idea and option they could do to get all these cool lantern suits to look right... i feel wierd wearing a blue lantern suit without the ring... and it would be totally awesome to use the gloves on HL toons cause it would have two rings show up... keep in mind.. its onlythe gloves that would have the ring. so if u dont want it. u dont have to have the gloves on...

• [IMG]

[IMG]

this guys got it right
    • Like x 1
  4. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Yes I know I'm making this since there are some wanting Star Sapphire as a healer I really want Indigo to tell you the truth after looking up the powers it has can can be played as both Hero and Villians looking at its back story of being made up of people who did terrible crimes. And who have been the enemy and good guys.
  5. Power Girl Well-Known Player

Lol did you read what she wrote?
  6. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol me think not...all I did was give the Star Sapphire list of powers known in DC lore...Which looks to to be more controller like than healer lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jak-Man Committed Player

Where'd you look this up? I wanna read about Rage.
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

This is why I think a Star Sapphire variant for HL should be made for female characters.
    #LetTheGenderSexismBattleForMalesBegin
    • Like x 1
  9. Antwoman Dedicated Player

10. BumblingB I got better.

As much as you put a lot of thought (and words) into this post. What it comes down to, can they make it work within the Lore. If yes. They can do it.

Also, there is no such thing as "healers", "tanks", and "controllers" in the comics. Just "DPS". I'm not being sarcastic how the game is currently developed, but if you look at the trinity, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, you don't have a single role. Each can take the forefront. Each can control. Each can mend. Each can take on being a shield. (Batman has armor suits he likes to use.) So if the devs wanted to make Indigo, Violet, or Blue, healers, they could.

Also, Indigo works the best. *runs*
    • Like x 5
  11. Power Girl Well-Known Player

My ONLY problem with Indigo is that people seem to be ignoring Indigo's "specialty" and throwing back as a support only type of power. Truly, Indigo would be a tough power to put in, because it uses the other lantern powers that are near, if I'm not mistaken. So if we are indeed going by lore and not nitpicking to our desire, then Indigo would actually be a Tank (Rage), Troll (Hardlight) and a healer only when near Hope, right?
  12. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I have a thread out with Indigo's powers too it can go Tank or healer really. But it seems ot be more healer to me that is.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Indigo has only made a brief appearance in the new duo, and has shown it's healing capabilities.

All we must do is wait for the future content that'll include more Indigos, then we'll have people begging for them! :p

In fact, all it needs is to go live.
    • Like x 1
  14. Power Girl Well-Known Player

Due to people wanting a Healer Lantern, that's probably not viable. And with this tiny tidbit...
    • Healing: The Indigo Power Rings have the ability to heal others when they feel great compassion, or shortly afterward. The compassion has to be genuine, and the healing is limited; major injuries have not been seen to be healed by any Indigo Lantern yet. It is unknown if the Indigo Tribe can heal itself or if they must feel compassion to do so.
    I'm not sure Indigo would be a great choice.
  15. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol I like how everyone gone to Indigo powers on my Sapphire thread when I have an Ingido thread too...in anycase I want to push to Indigo powers.
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Shhhhh (jk)

Well, it's either that or nothing because:
    • Blue will go against licencing, mechanics and mythology.
    • Orange is way to greedy to heal, honestly... Orange healing?
    • Sapphires mainly female, and have allot more Controller role backing
    • White - OP, never happening
    • Black -OP, never happening
    • Like x 2
  17. Antwoman Dedicated Player

although true the power hasn't been fully explored in DCU and looking at all the Lanterns only Indigo, Blue, Black, and White and maybe Orange can pull off being a healer.

Indigo with its unexplored powers.
    Blue limited to being a Hero side.
    Black and White could be consider too powerful but have the power to regenerate.
    Orange with its pet style could have healing pets to give it a helaer type role. But Greed could be considered a Vilian trait so it will be limited to Villian side. I could see it on the Heroes side if given the right circumstances that is. In the comics they (he being one person) has been neutral.

As of now Indigo is still the best in my opinion to be a healer that can be on both Heroes and Villian side.
  18. Power Girl Well-Known Player

Well, with all these roadblocks, nothing is probably the route their going to take.
    True, but in the right hands/mindset Star Sapphire could prove to be a healer power for both genders (even though they already messed that up by not allowing Heart of the Predator be unisex.), but there is this...
    • Limited Cellular Regeneration: This ring has a limited ability to heal physical injuries and this seems to be a feature held over from the previous incarnations of the ring. Star Sapphire can use the ring to repair minor injuries in herself or others.
    I mean, but by this point it looks like I'm either reaching for straws or doing the same thing as Indigo..
  19. Antwoman Dedicated Player

But that healing factor can be found on Will and Fear and Rage as well lol so the healing side is more tricky than we though but Sapphire is more troller than healer just like Will and Fear are.
    • Like x 1
  20. Power Girl Well-Known Player

If anything, Avarice would be a tank in my eyes. "Greedy" for attention, get it? It's true for Black and White and sadly the ideal of, "I hope you die" could never come true. Indigo is just outright to broad to be put in a single support role. Yes it can heal, but it also has properties that can be controller-like/tank-like. Also, since the ring is NOT their primary weapon, wouldn't all Indigo bearers have to use a staff?