HELP with socket error 11004

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by biblicos, Jan 25, 2014.

1. biblicos New Player

i logged into dc universe 1/24/14 and i was able to play easily but at mid night and still today i see socket error 11004 need help please
  2. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Something is interfering with the connection. This is most commonly caused by your firewall or security software. Make sure that you have explicitly allowed the launchpad and game processes in all software that you have that could affect the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. biblicos New Player

Any ideas how i can fix that please
  4. biblicos New Player

5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

The issue you are currently experiencing is commonly related to a caching issue with the game's launchpad. In order to possibly resolve this issue, go to your game's folder and find the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

If this does not resolve your issue please reset your Internet options by following these instructions: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.
  6. batmanisawsome123 New Player

i logged in into dc universe at 3:00 in the morning and it was working fine next thing you know its saying error 11004
  7. Bzzzztt Active Player

Same thing happened to me on Thanksgiving day.

From SOE Support:

The most common causes of a socket error is Bloatware. In these cases, a semi-malicious program (or group of programs) is preventing the launch pad from connecting. I have also included additional instructions to follow as subsequent steps if removing bloatware did not resolve the issue.

1. To fix this, you will need to remove said bloat ware programs in order to connect. Some common software to look for is below.
    Browser Safeguard
    Browser Infrastructure Helper
    Search Protect
    Browser Defender
    Severeweatheralerts.exe

2. Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and *Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk* then click on Ok.

3. Windows Proxy Settings: Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400

4. LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

5. Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software.

6. Client Reinstallation: This is a last ditch effort as I’m sure you know, reinstalling takes time, and not an initial recommendation. In some rare cases, however, reinstalling the client will fix the Socket Error.

For me, it was a combination of adware that snuck in when my son tried to update my Flashplayer (he is now restricted to his OWN computer!), and for some reason that affected my proxy settings as well. Adware is now gone, but for some odd reason, I still have to reset the proxy every time I log in. Still looking into that issue.....

Good luck!
  8. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Bzzzzt's info is correct. Please follow those instructions and let us know if it helps!