help with hybrid dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by pultinski, Jan 19, 2019.

1. pultinski Well-Known Player

any hybrid dps out there ? im looking for advice for augments and artifacts.

im thinkiing that since hybrid grants 10% might, all augments should be precision.
    as for artifacts, im thinking VWD, eye of gemeni, not sure for third . ( i will be using NVB as my superchrge ).

i currently have 105sp, power is mental, and weapon is rifle.
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Hybrid is the least optimal way to DPS. Either Weapons Expert or Superpowered Focus is your best bet. Mental is a very good Precision Focused powerset. Your downfall will be 105sp. Grind SP. If you are attempting Hybrid with only 105 so it will be hard to spec your build with low sp. You just dont have enough to spec into key stats. I would recommend WE after you reach at least 200 to 250sp. There are lots of easy feats out there for you to get, look to friends or leaguemates to point you in the right direction as far as feats to get or Google feats for DCUO. Happy Gaming and Good Luck.
    • Like x 3
  3. pultinski Well-Known Player

hi. thx for response.
    so given all of those limitations, what would you suggest for hybtid augments and artifacts.
    thx
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you want to stick with hybrid, do not split your augments between Might and Precision. You would just be neutering your damage out. Do all 4 Might or all 4 Precision. I would focus on Might if you're sticking with rifle. If you were to switch to Bow/Smokebomb or Dual Wield/Flurry, I say go with Precision focus.

Since your SP is low, same strategy, don't split your stat focus.

Artifacts: Scrap of the Soul Cloak, Eye of Gemini, (your personal choice)
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have a hybrid DPS loadout for gadgets but with a few exceptions it's only used for solo and open world non-boss/bounty content. I spec Superpowered to offset the powerback debuff from my power pet and put 100 in to Might and the rest (141 as of now) in to precision. That's after weapon mastery combos, essential movement skills and of course the crits.

My artifacts are still all precision (Venom Wrist, Cog, Sparring A.I) but I do swap in ONE maxed out Might augment.

There are only a handful of alerts this loadout is viable in and it only became viable once I had enough SP to put 100 in both Might and Prec. Otherwise, it's just for fun. I would strongly recommend NOT using a hybrid loadout for instances.
  6. pultinski Well-Known Player

thx illumin411 and the Lorax. it has been extremely difficult to find anyone who actually uses hybrid builds for dps stance. i guess ill have to spend a ton of time with the dcuo log analyzer to see what combination of augments and artifacts work best for a hybrid dps stance.
  7. L T Devoted Player

I think one of the problems with hybrid is that if you invest in both might and precision, you wind up sub-optimal in both. Also, as stats and CR increase, this problem gets magnified.

When the revamp started, I used to top the scoreboard with Fire Hybrid-- mostly using Staff Downward Smash combo clipped with Flashpoint. I had like 10 points in precision and might maxed out. Using channeled abilities has become way stronger now though, and hybrid clipping isn't really even competitive compared to pure might.

There are a TON of options with Artifacts now though. If all of the artifacts were available on the test server it might be fun to play with some odd-ball builds.
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

EDIT: Wrong thread reply... IGNORE THIS! Heh.
  9. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Depends on your play style. If you use your tray powers and only taps from weapon, then you should use Might augments and Might oriented artifacts. Tetra+Eye+Scrap would be fine. If you more use weapon combos and clip last hit with tray power, then you should use Prec augments. Artifacts: VWD+Grimorium+Eye. If you use weapon mastery: VWD+Cog+Eye\Grim.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Theres 2 dif uses of the same term term happening here and each carries a wildly dif meaning.
    For the record:
    Some saying “hybrid” are referencing putting the 1st SP into the hybrid slot (do NOT do this!!!) that 1st SP needs to be in WE or Superpowers
    Some saying “hybrid” are referencing the loadout and remaining SP.

Be VERY clear about what you are actually meaning when using the term hybrid otherwise it creates misinformation and/or bad advice leading to a bad gameplay experience.

When the OP says hes having a hard time finidng a “hybrid” build i suspect thats be ause he means actually spending the SP on the hybrid option an its hard to find one because its the worst option and ppl dont do it (not effectivly anyway).
    As said above, pick superpowered or WE and then consider spec’n the rest of ur SP how u choose (crits 1st tho IMO)
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Seriously, no one uses Hybrid for DPS, it's not a viable option. If you want to use weapons, go Weapon Expert. Hybrid is for support roles.

What your analyzer will show is that most of your damage is going to either 1) come from weapons, or that 2) you aren't using that many weapon combos. In Hybrid your might attacks will not equal your weapon attacks, except for Stealth: Pain Blast. You're going to spend a lot of time and energy realizing that Weapons Expert is the way to go, if you use weapons.

Also rifle for DPS, beyond the grenade tap between powers, is just terrible. So, I could be wrong, your parser might show that 3) might attacks are actually out-damaging rifle.

Simply, you're looking for something that isn't there. If you like attacking with guns, play munitions.

Good luck.

(Sorry if this seems mean or anything, but I gotta keep it real. Tough love.)
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

The term "Jack of all trades, master of NONE" Applies to hybrid DPS.

You can eventually get to an optimal level for it, however 99.99999% you'll fall way behind the other 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Tori Slainte New Player

Yes!! I have been using the hybrid option and with my playstyle with gadgets, I have been doing some serious damage in raids, alerts, open world. It's definitely not for everyone but if you "really" know your power set, then...well...you already know!! q(O_<)p
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

three things -

"Hybrid" is only a good option for specific-purpose builds - Bounty Hunting, Solo Survival type stuff. Go straight Precision if you want to fight with weapons. Mental is actually a really good Precision platform, but it does take some work.

If you're using NVB for SC, VWD is a good Artifact for Mental, especially as your setup leading into a Precision rotation with Mental usually isn't contingent on a PI. I personally prefer VWD, Trans, Strat, but you could sub one of those out for Gemini (probably Strat, since it needs Trans to really function).

Rifle is a bad Precision weapon. DW - Flurry for Range Single Target, Brawling - Shuriken Storm for Range AOE. I use Two Hand for my Precision build, but I have 480 SP so "baby steps". Also, giggity.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

also,

• Like x 1