HELP NEEDED TESTING SURVIVAL MODE!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Hemmy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. VV Dedicated Player

SM has 20 rounds for a reason. It's like "make round 4 strong because we didn't die in round 4". Did the same happen in round 14 too? I get it you want more mechanics but I'd say that adding mechanics below r10 is wrong. This will not let people to get the style they need. ( Trigon's Prison 2015 was my first SM; The only reason I beat R10 was for the style. ) R1-10 being "normal" and R10-20 being "ultra elite" would be fine. It satisfies the broader spectrum of the community.
    • Like x 1
  2. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Lol causals wanting the first 10 rounds to have little to mechanics because of a style. Guess everyone deserves a gold star and a sticker huh? R.I.P SM. Guess casuals want to think they are good enough to run something that was intended for players that want a challenge.
    Too bad there's no gear reward or else this thing would have gotten nerfed to the ground.
    • Like x 3
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The entire game has been bastardised to satisfy the broader spectrum of the community and the results haven't been pretty. If nothing else, Survival Mode should be immune to this "everyone's entitled to win" mentality that has disintegrated the game. If you're not good enough to get to round 10, then you're not good enough to wear the Platinum reward or title. That's how it should be. The only thing stopping you from reaching Round 10 is you and your unwillingness to get good enough to beat whatever the mode throw out there to challenge you. Nobody has an advantage over anyone else.
    • Like x 2
  4. Coelha Well-Known Player

This
  5. Coelha Well-Known Player

Since the cr differential this fos SM will be the only one with a chance of beating r20, because they are starting at cr 164 instead of 168 and we'll have a full month to beat it, having a easy r10 will let a lot of pugs who don't deserve the platinum chest+title to have it, like the 1st FOS SM when there was a exploit, most of the groups couldn't beat non, but someone carried them with the r9 PP bug to get a platinum chest.
    SM wasn't made to satisfy the whole community, it was made for the good players who wait 3 months doing cake walk raids/alerts.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hemmy Committed Player

If this were any other game, with any other community behind it, I would agree. Not everyone should get a gold star just for participating. But let's take my own example from about a year ago, when this same instance first hit live servers...

*cheesy 80's flashback effects*

I remember being able to complete several rounds fairly quickly with the right group, survival mode didn't pose much of a challenge if I was with friends. But unfortunately I was CR 113 at the time. With groups looking for ONLY CR 114 players I was excluded from participating in about 80% of all survival mode runs because I did not have the time to constantly run raids for the latest and greatest gear. My skill I dare say was above par, but my time to run both the instance I wanted (survival mode in this case) and the instance I needed to in order to be even considered a valid option (whatever the latest raid was during this SM's first run on live) were very very limited. I'd say on live servers skill has less to do with it than time someone has to play the game.
    Having said all that... I agree, there should be a lot of skill involved in playing the hardest instance DCUO has to offer. The mechanics like that of the Scorpianoid boss and domineer sub-boss are mechanics that I enjoy for that reason.

With content scaling being removed from the game, I think that will be less of an issue, but not completely discount it. Even when this content was first released, a difference of a SINGLE CR point excluded many people from participating in the competent groups because those who were running it with any amount of skill also had the time to raid every single night, and have the highest gear set possible.

In summary, I think the first ten rounds should be fairly mechanic heavy to promote SKILL. These rounds should be considered easy if all boss mechanics were taken out and it was just a question of how long the tank could survive. Then the rounds following these should be based on SKILL and POWER, eliminating those players who have fewer skill points because a tank might not have enough dominance, or the healer enough restoration. As the instance is balanced now, there is very little skill required beyond round 3, it is simply: Burn adds, burn boss, don't die. Obviously excluding the fine examples I gave above. I'm at a loss to understand why some think this requires skill, I agree it requires high CR gear, but anyone in the game can hide behind a tank and dps.

I think exactly the mentality I'm presenting here is why players are advocating to have the rounds changed. Because as they stand now, the only players who can participate are those who have a CR within 1 of the highest attainable at the time of release. Whereas I think the goal of SM in general is to have players of several CR participate, but only those with proper skill levels to advance.
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

And i never said add any mechanics until round 10 and after. Its like u dont read anything i post but reply anyways. And 20 rounds? Yea i addressed that already too. How many groups have gotten to round 20 or beat round 20 in an SM? IIRC the # is 2. U could also say the 2 groups who beat the 1rst oan SM which only had 10 rounds and make that # 4. But i am done replying and talking about this. Its very hard to have a conversation with someone who doesnt listen (read) what the other person is saying at all.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

CR differential has devalued SM in more ways that one. Ask people in game and they will tell you that survival mode is a big joke nowadays.
    • Like x 2
  9. VV Dedicated Player

I can and will get as far as possible in this SM but I'm just putting put my two cents. In the last trigon's prison, I was running around in the platinum pants around while some of my friends were stuck at R3 because they don't have proper /similar reasons. What I wanted to say is, TAKE WHAT YOU WANT; PREVENTING OTHERS FROM GETTING WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD AS YOU is just selfish and sadistic elitism. I'm not open for any further asinine discussions about "you not being able to - you can't get reward" SM is easy now "buff SM so that others don't get the reward". I don't care if a person with 70 SP and 150 CR has "Fortress 2016 survivor" title. What I care is whether I got what I want and my "friend" got what she wanted. Not everyone knows everything and has everything. I'm all in for a harder and more fun SM. I'm just trying to advocate the people who are "beneath" my elitist self.
    • Like x 1
  10. VV Dedicated Player

Hate on casuals when you beat the instance. Buffing it without beating it is stupid. Nobody ever beat R20 trigon or HH 2015
  11. Pults Loyal Player

Up until R8 it usually seems managable, after that it gets more and more like tilting against windmills. It's not the mechanics it's the damage that gets insane, even on add waves. It's like, hey what would happen if 3 of these adds dealt 200k damage in 2 seconds or less, will fire survive? Will rage heal back in time? Will reflect pop in one hit?
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Having said that, I think the conversation is quickly devolving to into of ideology rather than mechanic use. Maybe we should try and keep this on topic. :)
  13. VV Dedicated Player

RISE!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. VV Dedicated Player

I'll be lurking and larking around on the Test looking for people that I know/have tested stuff with.
  15. Pults Loyal Player

16. Hemmy Committed Player

Lol, it would be good to test out the new SM. Who's up for it?!
  17. VV Dedicated Player

Me: VV, Pyra, *anything*VV. (Troll, DPS and Healer)
    Pults: Fabby, Crabby. (Troll and Tank)
    Sil Surf: Heyaitsme4. ( Troll and DPS)
  18. VV Dedicated Player

Plats yet?