HELP NEEDED TESTING SURVIVAL MODE!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Hemmy, Mar 14, 2016.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

I do understand what u mean and where your coming from with the aoe. But tbh i dont think it will be a huge thing. I ran this sm last year a bunch. Got to round 11 iirc. I stopped tho cuz i just wanted my plat shirt and i got it. There werent many times my group was near the edges like that. Plus if its only rounds 10+ a lot of players dont get that far. Anyways i do agree on doomsday stuff u said, i agree 100%. I would of liked to see em have an attack that when he ground pounds he breaks some of the map. Meaning when he does that attack it makes the map smaller and smaller. Would of made the fight more challenging imo. Dps need to be on their game and get em down before the area becomes too small. And positioning comes into play for the entire group. Im not even sure they could so something like that. Its just a mechanic ive liked thats in other mmos.
  2. Hemmy Committed Player

Relating to that, I think the mechanics involved would be quite involved and require a lot of resources. Maybe an alternative would be something like:

When Doomsday performs his ground pound attack, he leaves an AOE there which acts the exact same as the one on the perimeter of the map now?
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea thats not a bad idea actually. I like it :) The aoe could also move closer and closer towards the middle each time he does it.
  4. Hemmy Committed Player

So I think if everyone thinks that's a good idea (and I know I do) then maybe that's something that can change. Maybe we should try and get one of the dev's attention to this.

Change the Round 10+ arena AOE from a circumference around the map, to a localized AOE applied when doomsday does his "ground pound" move.

Sound good to everyone?
    • Like x 1
  5. VV Dedicated Player

Meaning, they should make doomsday attack the farthest player ( Light from PBe spawning fire) [this is due to the map being small and spawning an AoE in the center @~3.5K/s will make the group dispersed rendering certain power-sets to be obsolete.] If you want to sell respec tokens, sure go ahead. It's fine the way it is. Not a lot of people can reach to R10/+ because it's harder as it is, making it more painful just for the entertainment of a smaller elitist demographic will drive away casuals from even trying the SM. I am against any changes.
  6. zCaution Well-Known Player

Can anyone even get to round 20...?
  7. Coelha Well-Known Player

I'm sorry, but SM isn't for casuals, i'm all for a buff in the doomsday fight.
    • Like x 1
  8. Coelha Well-Known Player

I don't think so, depends on how it goes live, the test server version is actually nerfed for testing purposes.
    If r1 starts at CR 164, maybe, if it starts at cr 168 i doubt someone will beat r18 wave 1.
  9. Hemmy Committed Player

I don't think those proposed changes will make it any more difficult. My idea was that everytime doomsday does his "ground pound" ability, he would leave an AOE in that area. Assuming the DPS of the group was on point, that might actually result in a smaller portion of the map being covered in a damaging field. However if the group is sub par, then the round would cause some significant problems... as it should.
  10. VV Dedicated Player

A hole in the play field causes a disconnection between certain powers/ interactions. For example, an electric healer will be effected. If the AoE is as small as 3M it's fine. If it's larger, alignment problems will arise.
  11. VV Dedicated Player

Buffing the fight is okay. Buffing has a limit. The CR of Adds in R16 last SM was - buffing. It's cheap. Addition of mechanics that effect certain powers is cheap. SM should be allowing players of every powerset- with equal skill to complete the task. These AoEs will damage an electric healer ( exemplary).
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Supergirl's freeze breath doesn't seem to be lungable whilst Non's can be.
  13. Hemmy Committed Player

I've found a bug which might be worth mentioning.

In the loot lock section of the on duty tab while in the instance, it shows a "Monthly Reward". This obviously isn't an actual thing as survival mode usually don't have multi-month spans, but I guess we never know...
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

How exactly does an aoe on the very outside edges of the map affect electric healers? Last i checked electric healers need to be closer to the group because the range isnt as good. So i dont follow.
  15. VV Dedicated Player

That was a point I made against a change, Doomsday leaving AoEs around. Scroll up and read the conversation if you wanna follow. Having a hole in the center would damage certain powersets.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

I read it. The idea was expanding on the aoe thats already there in rounds 10+. The aoe is on the edge of the map. The idea me and hemmy said was when he ground pounds that aoe starts and every time he ground pounds the aoe moves closer to the middle of the room. It stats at the edge and move inward each times he does. So it wasnt random aoes all over the room. The idea was clearly stated above. No1 ever said anything about a whole in the center. I suggest u scroll back and read.
    • Like x 1
  17. VV Dedicated Player

Hemmy said:
    “Relating to that, I think the mechanics involved would be quite involved and require a lot of resources. Maybe an alternative would be something like:

When Doomsday performs his ground pound attack, he leaves an AOE there which acts the exact same as the one on the perimeter of the map now?”
    "Yea thats not a bad idea actually. I like it :) The aoe could also move closer and closer towards the middle each time he does it."
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Go back and read all the posts. Even mine u quoted says it would move closer to the middle. Because the post before that said the aoe starts at the edge of the room like it does now at rounds 10+. Wow not responding about this again if people cant read what is on the screen. There were multiple posts in a row describing how it would work. U plucked the 1rst and last one and left out the ones in between. The convo started with post #81 at top of the page and continued through posts #82 83 and ended with pst #84.
  19. VV Dedicated Player

I'm just stating that I'm against making changes. My description was clearly against the first post. Now, whenever Doomsday stomps and AoE moves closer, the group has to move closer. This creates a sense of claustrophobia and a little pressure. Though, the major impact from it would be on tanks. They have to move closer to group and should make Doomsday face themselves. The way NPC work and the time it takes will not allow that to happen. I don't know why you insist on making the content that's okay in the first place to be even harder. With CR differential in place, Doomsday will kill any DPS in the proximity. Have fun with your repair bot purchases.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Im sorry its SM. The content that everyone claims is "the hardest in the game" and when anyone talks about challenge people say "go run sm." I want it to be challenging and not a cakewalk until round 10 and after. Ive been to round 10+ in all 4 SMs. And FoS was by far the easiest round 10 fight. Last year my group didnt have a single person die during the doomsday fight. Not 1 death by anyone. I find that way too easy and very disappointing for a round 10 sm boss. So we can agree to disagree. U dont want a change and id like one. All i did was throw out an idea and someone else added on to that idea. Its not like the devs have said they are adding that idea into the SM. Taking the past into consideration SM should of already hit live so id say they are a tiny bit behind and are not gonna change or add anything new at this late stage.