Help me pick my next artifact

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Jan 11, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

As the title says...
    Sorcery, end game, 400+sp, many arts but on dps side I usually use source shard/ grimoriom/ la mort. All at 200. Might augs maxed, rotation is as follows:
    Fury/ godwave/ feed fury/ grand summoning/ finisher/ vengeance (st) or swap out for soul bolt for aoe.
    So yeah, 2 actual attacks. Rest is up to my pets. In solo/ duos/ alerts/ fast raids without a great buff troll, I do very well. Long raids (or tons of wipes), buff trolls, and sometimes attacks not hitting bosses lol, has really made my numbers drop since LLL came out.

So trans? I barely have attacks but could swap out finisher for aoe situations and run that? I really hate the description of that arti. But could double use it on healer side on occasion.

Computo had me excited. I've leveled one up to 100 and I'm less excited. Any users think it's a lot better at 160+ vs 100? I'm going to keep feeding it but not sure I should be using all these freebies on it. Waiting till double anyway.

Amulet and quislet, also tried up to 100. Didn't love but maybe I didn't give them a real chance? Tho all I read about quislet was it is a decent replacement for grim not that they pair well. Or that quislet even works well for pet builds. Amulet, I was pretty much in line with using la mort. I'm assuming because I only had 1 real attack that wasn't the cancel.

Anything I might be forgetting/ not have thought about? Dead kings just doesn't seem worth it, can barely use orbitals and my sidekick and bat construct are on perfect time rotations so faster cooldown doesn't seem to matter much.
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

If I were you, I would wait until the testing of supercharges starts on the test server (Batuba recalled that it would be somewhere after the event). Perhaps rebalancing will change something ... paradoxically, but the Grand Summonig is not well suited for playing with the Shard ... for the same reason, the Gran summoning + Shard + Quislet also does not work well ...
    We need to wait for the supercharges rebalancing and actively participate in testing in order to influence the changes ...
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You're not wrong and yeah, grand is the 1st thing in my loadout to go usually if I need a shield or need to slot in computos ray or whatever. It just serves a purpose on occasion, usually if the groups hitching a ride on the struggle bus and a little extra heals and a baby tank can help. Other than that, if it's ready to use in a solo/duo/ alert, it's pretty good. Still think it's the only ok supercharge in the game.

I'm leaning to trans just not sure how well it will work on a build that barely uses player attacks. May have to remove gs for another attack and try it out. Still dreaming of a day where we can rent an artifact for a few mins
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Have you considered the option of replacing La mort with Solar Amplifier ? And Final Ruin/Vengeance with Heat Vision?
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I have. I kind of assumed that it would be pretty similar to la mort/ finisher or also pretty close to computo? Have 0 experience with it on any characters.

I think I'm rather hellbent on finding alternatives to the metas also. Tho I do use them on other characters. Sorcery is just a weird powerset. Like I could just ditch source and do amulet/ trans/ sa and probably be way up. Or trans/strat/eog-grim. Forgot to add, also have eog or scrap I could slot in. Neither seemed any better than la mort in actual use.
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Transformation and Solar give about the same result ... I'll be honest, I just don't like Transformation ... I have it at level 200, but for the last 2 DLC I want to replace it with something else (he's good, he's present in every meta build. ..but I don't like him as hell ...) ...
    I seem to have mentioned this, but in case if not and you don’t mind 10 bucks, then I would advise you to buy "Gotham City Emergency Signal" (I devoted little time in this DLC to my alt sorcerer, so he only 327 CR), on 8 targets and with Shard it does 700,000 damage ... yes, yes, I know it has a 20 minute recharge ... but 700,000 in 2 seconds ...
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ha, I do remember you saying something about that. Hits almost as hard as munitions big gun. Except they get to use theirs every minute or so lol. Damn sorcery
  8. L T Devoted Player

Computo could work reasonably well. Your pets will fill the precision bar pretty fast, and the precision bar damage is based on might. It's a little awkward in combat if adds die and you lose your bar before you get to the next set though.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It seemed like a far more complicated la mort to me. Like I get that it hits harder depending on its charge. Obvious I hope to all lol. But la mort can be hit way more often. So yeah it's less damage but it adds up and has that big pop at 35%. So guessing there ain't much difference for the amount of trouble. If it did damage without being charged, computo would be the clear choice for me. But yeah, I have 2 slots to use for attacks. So if i have to give one up for computos, i need it always available. Plus muscle memory has me hitting that button and it fires for 0 lol.

I ended up feeding my computo into quislet. I had forgotten that I got him up to 120 day 1 basically and hated it. What I also forgot was that he had a bunch of changes made to him so going to give him another try. Fed computos into it. Still have la mort and EoG to fall back on if I hate it but we'll see. It let me try a whole other loadout and use more stuff in my utility belt instead of always having to watch my pet usage. So far, quislet is only at 90, it's a bit behind my usual build with la mort/ finisher. Difference now is I have dedicated aoe and st armories. Double nth will be a big week haha. Finish off my eog and quislet. If I still hate it, I'll go back to la mort till I see what's coming out next. Or maybe they'll let might stats alter pets damage by then...
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I will toss my hat i the ring specifically to la mort vs solar amp
    My testing is 100% in favor of lamort + finisher over SA + HV
    1) my regs an crits are all almost 10-12k higher consistently per tick from my finisher than from my HV
    2) la mort reduces cooldown of finisher so its useable more offten
    3) HV u can jump cancel the animation and thats the only way to cancel out (i can also quantum tunnel out tho) but with finisher i can jump cancel, block, block roll, really tap anything to can el the animation.

Side note, SA + HV wins in 1 aspect tho and in my testing its literally the only spot it can outperform la mort + finisher and thats the AOE burst Hv gets at the end. Finisher dont have that.

For disclosure my testing was as follows for those 2 combo’s individually
    Single sparring target and in live scenario bosses. I simply watch the damage ticks peel off.
    I get a consistent read of 10-12k more damage per tick (dpt) from finisher + la mort.
    Im quantum (not sure if my finisher performs differently than yours or hits harder to begin with.
    I get same resukts of consistently higher output when i soda, when i trinket, when target is debuffed etc.
    Short of a multi target scenario, i simply cant get SA + HV to outperform and even in a multi target scenario i think la mort + finisher will outperform for me because i simply QT to reposition so my finisher beam hits more enemies naturally anyway
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Per the discussion tho i too am now searching for a pair of dos artifacts to mess with.
    What i decided on and why you ask??? (no one cares i know haha)
    1) dead kings scepter - Why? Orbital assistance and more orbitals due to sped up cooldown. Seems functional and fun for a more relaxing spam fest since it is sure to come back and currently established as a staple of the game.
    2) strat card - Why? Well, simply put its too good to not have in my pocket i think. I dont do much by way of dots and it dont really fit my current loadout at all thus i dont run it BUT having it lying around wont be a bad idea me thinks.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sounds about right to me. Hv/sa for aoe and la mort for st. Which may be what I end up going with. I've always had a really strong st. My aoe has always been lacking. Like I'll be down millions on overall but then last boss fight happens and I close that gap everytime. I'm hoping what I'm doing now just keeps me good in all situations. I may slot my finisher back in for st but for now, trying some other stuff that is affected by my pi.
    And my finisher is 100% st. No splits, no big blast at the end. Ticks 4 times, pi doesn't affect it. Crits are around 35k, non crit is around 17k.

Trans is looking better to me too bit pets don't crit so I've been trying to stay away from it. If quislet let's me down after I've leveled it up, I'll end up feeding him into either trans or sa and use those for aoe and slot la mort back in for st.

Maybe it's time to just use that Lazarus pit one
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think people sleep on dead kings. Especially low sp players. I have been thinking about it also (I'm gonna have every arti soon grrr) since like pet builds, orbitals only care about your cr.

I'd actually place great bets that a skip toon could hang with a 400+sp trans/strat/sa user if they did source/ kings/ quislet or grim. Couple trinket pets and good timing and you're set
    • Like x 1
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lmfao dont use the pit hahahaha
    Im sort of same way. I seem to be too dps alot (which aint sayin alot now days to be fair) BUT when i get out damaged, its always on total not on boss. Im about 50/50 when it comes that ever important boss damage. 1/2 the time i get out damaged i am still tops on boss damage and 1/2 the time i get outdamaged in total im also out damaged on boss too.

My premiss is when the fight matters most i want to be a bada**. Aoe to kill adds faster may pad your numbers nicely (lookin at you strat card) but to me, ST boss damage is the meat and thats the critical part of any instance. Im not a number padder (theres so many ways to pad anyway). I wanna be functional to my group when it matters most.
    My ST output is more than adequate (i can burn), i use 2 channels so i dont require much power (troll friendly), i have awesome manuverability via quantum tunneling (healer friendly and im a stone cold assassin with pickups).

Thats my take in a nutshell
    • Like x 2
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Every ounce of me wants a pet build to goof with lol
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Pet builds are fun. No rotation whatsoever so it keeps it feeling fresh I guess. Buff trolls have pretty much killed it but I see power trolls making a comeback anyway. (Looking at you event raid elite)

2nd column is the only one that matters to me too. If someone wants to superspeed and clean up the trash for me, be my guest. I'll be slowly making my way to the boss while snacking and cleaning up my inventory. Add heavy stuff lately is the only reason I'm trying to improve my aoe.

It's amazing that "we"(pet builds) can top so many scoreboards yet the second a buff troll comes into play, we become last place. Still, at least it's usually respectable numbers. Power consumption, yeah right there with you. I can't get my power to go under the 85% range. Literally never need a troll. Tho I'll always want debuffs so happy to have them haha
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The problem with Dead King is that the developers like to shove the stupid mechanics "1 shot after Supply Drop or after Orbital Strike" everywhere, as a result, the biggest plus of Dead King becomes useless ... and without this bonus, your DPS with Dead King will be significantly inferior to alternatives ...
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That's the reason I haven't wanted to do 1. If you only run reg then whatever. But at least it seems like if they are making it a mechanic, it's only during certain times that you cant use them vs the entire fight in elites. I'm honestly hoping they do the same thing to EoG. Like sure you can use it. But if you use it at the wrong time, y'all getting KO'd
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Here I disagree, in order to level an Artifact, it takes either a lot of time (I'm talking about 200, not 120) or money, and this is not fair to people who have leveled these artifacts. What's the point of leveling an artifact that will only work in exceptional situations if you can level one that works all the time. Then let's do a mechanic where each artifact will not work, for example 1 shot after 5 consecutive crits in a certain phase ... or 1 shot if there are more than 2 debuffs on the boss ... On my tank, I started using the EOG as soon as it appeared, this added an additional style of playing for the tank (and before that there were builds using Supercharges, but they were very situational ...).
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I can burn my bar if i get fancy w/tunnels an jump can els but my damage is well above average w/out flying around like a lunatic so i hapily let my bar stay over 50% all the time haha
    • Like x 1