Help Fire Melee Dps loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thefirealpha, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dump Truck New Player

I agree completely. It's only in my loadout for the raids where there are parts range damage is optimal. (So dawn/vengence (bosses), gates (Circe), prime(Avatar of Meta) All other raids/instances I don't use it or have it in my loadout.
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

I do. It has a 6-tick DoT that stacks with both Immo and Enflame as well as decent initial burst damage (iirc). If I were running mainly as DPS after the update I would probably run with Enflame, Overheat, Fiery Weapon, Backdraft, Flashpoint, SC (PVP) or Mass Det (PVE).

I run in DPS with my Tanking loadout (and still often out-DPS others in Duos) because I hate respeccing, so take the above with a grain of salt ;)
  3. Gunny New Player

Fire DPS loadouts? hmm...

I'll usually use the standard one-handed loadouts listed above by numerous people for parts of gates and anything that is easier.

For your prime, dawn, and veng, you'll probably be far better off using a ranged tactic with DPS. Your fiery weapon, fireburst, inferno, etc. will be put into play here, my weapon of choice being a staff solely for the focus spin charge. Inferno, clip w/ fiery weapon, fireburst, hold triangle while casting FB to immediately go into focus spin, let it off at full and you're ready to FB again. Renew your PI's with inferno, dont use fiery weapon if you need to conserve power. That is probably going to be your best single target damage you'll pick up at a distance.
  4. Scorpion Well-Known Player

You can stack DoT's with fire, use melee combos, and still do decent dps. Its fine to play like that thats how most other powers dps epecially elec, nature, scorc, and mental. However its still not using fire to its fullest. Fireburst is the strongest of any power similar to it and it give a 60% damage multi, Fiery weapon boost crit chance and damage for everything, and inferno is loaded with a varity of power interactions that work with all of fires other powers. So not using them in your loadout is just cheaping yourself out of how good fire dps can be.
  5. thefirealpha New Player

All Noted Thank yah.:)
  6. Johnnylagz117 New Player

how about iconic powers for any ideal loadout for fire ? (like hand blasters as weapons is a mix of ranges). ?
    I find myself with the bottom two rows using up 10? power pts out so(super strength , wisdom ec) .

I use whirling dervish , back draft and something like the opposite of back draft (pushes enemies away) and the heat absorption thing.

what stats should be focused on (might,precision,vit,so on?)

Thnx for the help
  7. Scorpion Well-Known Player

This is a tough one HB even though its considered a range weapon its best damage is up close cuz most of it melee combos are completely clippable (i.e. Tap range>Tap melee> clip> any power, full damage comes out). In the iconic tree I just usually get inates when I am using fire mainly the 2 crit boost and power boost. I personally have a more balanced spec towards fire but I admit its very hard to pull off most people just go full might based for fire.
    • Like x 1