Help Fire Melee Dps loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thefirealpha, Feb 16, 2013.

1. thefirealpha New Player

what good loadout for fire power im melee

does super str iconic power give extra damage for meteor strike? whats better combo meteor strike + consume objects or super str + meteor strike and throw?
  2. Katheryne New Player

Don't worry about this for now, as Game Update 23 will remove "Consume Objects". But having "Super Strength" will increase the damage of any object you throw or smash on your target (No additional damage when the Meteor comes down.)

In GU23, they will grant you the ability to Summon the Meteor in your hands to utilize Super Strength if you spec in it. :)
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Whirling dervish / inferno / fiery weapon / flashpoint / backdraft / supercharge

To the above poster super strength has only ever effected white based object damage not might based yellow object damage. Unless your on the test server and notice increased damage I wouldn't tell people that.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dump Truck New Player

I agree with Soulburn. The above loadout will generally give you the best results in most circumstances.
  5. thefirealpha New Player

Ok thank you evryone :)
  6. Doc Holliday New Player

SoulBurn from the Rebels had a great guide I used while I was fire. Hopefully it will make it over here to the new forums.
  7. Scorpion Well-Known Player

for melee weapons I use
    Enflame, backdraft, flashpoint, wildfire, inferno, fiery weapon
    with that loadout you have 4 DoTs that stack on each other and flashpoint does bonus damage if you are in inferno, backdraft does decent aoe damage and also heals.
    just clip any short melee combo with 1 of the powers and keep repeating with next power
    its a good idea to usually start with inferno or enflame.
  8. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

look i use inferno / mass detonation / fire burst / consime objects / fiery weapon / meteor

as all can see i depend much of tank... fortunately i have the best tank in my league:D
    im based on might (not might/presition just might) so i depend much of trollers... fortunately i have the best trolls in my league:D
    also i havent any supercharge coz i think there all fire SC are !"ยทยท%&$%$%///

i do 4500 critics with mass det, but i dont use it all time with bosses just with the adds, and i try ever to get the damage extra burning all arround with inferno, i use fireburst a lot with all enemies (exept on pvp), i use this coz both attacks give a 60% dmg for 5 seconds and more now with the new mods we can have 20sec extra of 60% dmg so is great. Three thing to have in acount:
    1) if the enemies have 30% or less of live, mass det do an extra damage and if you burn they firts you can do awesome critics,
    2) fireburst take adventaje from electric, frozen and burning enemies, so if you want to do the best damage ever time you play, try to make a group with 1 ice tank, 1 electric dps, 1 tech dps, 1 sorcery/electric healer, 1 nature healer, 1 tech/light controll and 1 mental controll.
    3) consume object take adventage from light, mental, tech, and i dont remember good but if my memori dont fail to me, take adventaje from nature too, and ever heal yourseflf a little bit.

so... as you can see... we have much to have in account when we play raids.

NOTE: mass det and fireburst are exelent but not in pvp, and in pve is good idea interrupt yourself when you need block or roll over, for do that you can use fiery weapon, i use this strategy all time in meta avatar or magic avatar or tech avatar on BG, this "tip" can save your life many times.
  9. Potent New Player

I think the Meteor is the ONLY power that gets additional damage when thrown. At least I know if you're Mental/Electric, spec'ing Super Strength will double your Polarize or TK damage.
    I think this is due to when you pick up an object(the meteor) it becomes weaponized. The only reason Rumble Crush/Ice Boulder do not work the same is because they are not actually weaponized until you smash them.
  10. Dump Truck New Player

You are correct on Mental/Electric's interactions with the meteor. However, with fire you get no additional damage throwing a meteor with super strength because instead of weaponizing as white damage (precision), a meteor is yellow damage when thrown (might). You will net the same results throwing a meteor regardless if you have SS or not.
  11. Potent New Player

TK/Polarize is Yellow Damage.....Weaponized damage is not only White(Precision). Weaponizing simply means the act of picking up an object, to use as a weapon, not the act of smashing it.
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

All I know is I tested it a few months ago and saw 0 differance
  13. TrueMarvel New Player

You guys think overheat will be viable in a melee loadout? I'm on the fence about it.
  14. thefirealpha New Player

All noted thank you.:)
  15. Scorpion Well-Known Player

After GU 23 meteor will be used alot less
    1. Fails to work up close or indoors.
    2. Original meteor hit 2-3 times when dropped, new meteor only its once result less damage.
    3. While the thrown meteor does more damage then the dropped one overall is does less damage then picking up a dropped meteor and throwing it.

Also Overheat is a great addition to fire dps it DoTs like inferno but consumes less power.
  16. TrueMarvel New Player

But the meteors will be spammable now. In the past you could only throw a meteor after the previous one disappered. Maybe the spammability will make up for its loss in multiple hits?
  17. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Hardly, its not like the DoT that it gives you stacks on itself so no point in spamming non stop for so little damage. The old meteor's burn lasted nearly the whole cooldown so why make the cooldown shorter? I used to love using meteor when I first started fire dps I saw the damage I was so happy thinking this is easy. The more I raided the more I realized that it held the group back, granted I was happy to hear that now it explodes on impact and no more blocking friendly fire but when I saw the damage that smile quickly went away.
  18. thefirealpha New Player

Where i can see Overheat?
  19. Scorpion Well-Known Player

The new fire and ice powers are on the test server right now you if your a legendary member you can hop on and see for your self
  20. Eminence Dedicated Player

Inferno / flashpoint / enflame / snuff out / fiery weapon or whirling dirv if ss / supercharge of choice.