Heat Vision Blue?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thunderstrikke, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Okay, this has been slowly bugging me more and more. I love the solar artifact boosting heat vision. However, I hate the fact it turns it blue. I mean, heat vision is one of the more iconic DC powers, and it's always red (ok, I'm sure there are a few obscure instances somewhere where it was blue for someone, but generally). I know in DC lore a blue sun is hotter than a red sun or whatever. But we finally have the means to make heat vision a usable power in DCUO, but in doing so it changed from "heat" to "martian" vision, and with all due respect to Jonn, I think there's alot more people wanting to play Kryptonians than Martians. I'd much prefer to change the look of it in ways other than color.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    • Like x 1
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

What color is that closest to the cutting torch tip?

[IMG]
    Where is the hottest part of the cutting torch? Close to the tip.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

No.
    I like the blue
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It doesn't have anything to do with being Kryptonian or Martian. Blue fire is hotter than orange/red fire, in the real world. The blue is to signify that the heat has been increased, thus doing more damage. Plus. blue heat vision is more commonplace these days since Supergirl's heat vision is blue in her TV show.
    • Like x 5
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

http://maggiemaggio.com/color/2011/08/fire-ii-color-and-temperature/

The dominant color in a flame changes with temperature. The photo of the fireplace fire is a good example of this variation. Near the logs, where most burning is occurring, the fire is white, the hottest color possible for organic material in general, or yellow. Above the yellow region, the color changes to orange, which is cooler, then red, which is cooler still. Above the red region, combustion no longer occurs, and the uncombusted carbon particles are visible as black smoke.

The temperature range from Red to White:
    • Red
      • Just visible: 525 °C (980 °F)
      • Dull: 700 °C (1,300 °F)
      • Cherry, dull: 800 °C (1,500 °F)
      • Cherry, full: 900 °C (1,700 °F)
      • Cherry, clear: 1,000 °C (1,800 °F)
    • Orange
      • Deep: 1,100 °C (2,000 °F)
      • Clear: 1,200 °C (2,200 °F)
    • White
      • Whitish: 1,300 °C (2,400 °F)
      • Bright: 1,400 °C (2,600 °F)
      • Dazzling: 1,500 °C (2,700 °F)
    According to the info above (source: Wikipedia) the difference between red-hot and white-hot is about 1000 degrees.

But what about blue-hot?

Anytime you see blue in a fire it is hotter than white. The range is between 2,600 and 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit and its the most oxygen-rich type of flame.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

lol

dude just wants to see his 160 SA be a red flame so he can be like Supes.

I get it man, you tell em you don't need no degree in thermodynamics, all you need is red heat vision!

I mean, you could just leave it at 159 though.....imo 160 ain't all that great BUT YOU DO YOU, YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE!
    • Like x 4
  7. Controller Devoted Player

Doesn't Jor-El use Blue Heat vision in the Brothers in Arms Alert?

That alert (and Family Reunion) will always be among my favorites.
    • Like x 2
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

We like the blue. Get good.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

Devastating Pulsar
    Amplify your Heat Vision, granting the following upgrades:
    +10% eye beam damage
    Your eye beams overheat and explode, damaging enemies near your traget
    Burns enemies near your target, making them vulnerable to burning effects

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
    (20) +Health Stat, 1% Might
    (40) +Power Stat, 2% Health
    (60) 1% Health
    (80) 3% Might, 1% Power
    (80) Devastating Pulsar (1)-Turns Blue
    (100) 2% Health
    (120) 4% Might, 2% Power
    (120) Devastating Pulsar (2)-Explodes
    (140) 3% Health
    (160) 5% Might, 3% Power
    (160) Devastating Pulsar (3)-Explodes and make enemies in proximity to the target Vulnerable to Burning effecta

This device converts and magnifies the rays of our yellow sun to boost Kryptonian heat vision to that of a neutron star. As the Solar amplifier is powered, the emissive rays projected will take on a "blue" hot appearance and increase in intensity.

Artifact, Kryptonian
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Except it turns blue at 80
    • Like x 1
  11. Makaveli2989 New Player

Blue or Red!! Whatever!! It won't make any difference! I think you are just bored m8.
  12. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

[IMG]

And, yes.
    It is red in the comics.
    (... or, at least, it was. Who knows what DC's doing to try to confuse the whole Superman copyright issue and/or ret-conning these days.)
    • Like x 1
  13. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

If nothing else you can always count on people on the forums correcting stuff. Thanks guys, without ya'll we'd be lost.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Being able to customize that kind of cosmetic upgrade, as optional, is a fine idea and it is noted. We don't have an easy way to do this, but we'll keep it in mind for down the road, maybe when we have more artifacts that are doing similar visual upgrades.
    • Like x 7
  15. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

the only Logical reason for this is people doing DCEU Style or Comic Style Superman Cant use the iconic heat vision as frequently because Arrowverse Supergirl is the only one to have the blue vision as far as im aware
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

This would be awesome !!!
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Are you a welder? You know that second picture isn't a torch, right? It's an arch welder, which uses electricity, and looks blue. A blue flame on a torch is not a good thing either. The blue in fire is the coldest part, not the hottest.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It's called profiting off someone else's idea. It's a total RIP off from a sub par TV show that's barely hanging on. When ratings drop, they bring over the flash.

Just saying, how long has Superman been around, and how long has that horrible show been around?

Really no different that the last pvp map added. Cashing in, with little to no thought put in. Just $.
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

They do it in Injustice & people were happy.

Besides DC has shown Supes HV as white to yellow to red with squiggles.

The Iconic isn't names Superman Heat Vision, it's just Heat Vision.
    People need to chillax
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Both pictures are acetylene torches and if you have ever used a torch you would know this. The blue part flame is the hottest part.
    I've done my fair share of ARC welding & using acetylene in 30 years of steel construction and automotive mechanics but please enlighten me Mr Knowitall.

[IMG]

By the way............. this is what an arc welder looks like when being used. Notice the clamp that is holding the electrode. It's called ARC welding because you have to create and ARC in order the melt the electrode. Torches have two hoses linked to them for fuel mixture like the above two pictures.
    • Like x 4