Heat Vision Artifact Testing Rank 120

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Soul, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Soul Dedicated Player

If you were looking to see how the new heat vision artifact performs and if its worth it someone made a video on it

• Like x 4
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Consensus seems to be that its not worth it and you should run urgund instead. I disagree completely.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What consensus? You mean in the video?
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I got it at 120 alongside Urgrund wich are also 120.Its a realy nice artefact :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Just what I've seen in comments on here and yes comments on the video. Chill says he doesnt think its worth it unless HV is a big part of your single target rotation (in the comment section not in the video). Seems most see smaller numbers when they parse and decide its inferior to urgund. I think thats short sighted.
  6. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I'm running solar amp and soul cloak atm.
  7. dcuobank Level 30

I think what chill meant in the video is that hes got 130sp into health with his 410 or whatever sp so he's getting way more might from the might artifact than the increase in damage the heat vision artifact would provide him. You can see the numbers in the testing while the HV artifact is good and he said to get it to 120 and even im leveling it at the moment as well its not amazing aoe damage. It's good but not great so if you weren't using heat vision before for single target just leveling this artifact and using HV isn't going to make you that much better.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's important to note that in the video he also used a representative sample size of 6. 6.

And then said that it was proof that the crits with the upgraded version were far inferior. 6. Lol.

When it crits, he admitted, the damage was way beyond what you could touch without it. But after a sample size of 6, it's totally obvious that the crits are way lower, lol.

Yep. Because you can definitely judge the complexities of RNG based on tiny sample sizes.
    • Like x 1
  9. dcuobank Level 30

6 parsers of 30 seconds o_O that's 3 minutes straight of nothing but using heat vision. What sample size did you want him to do spend 20minutes using nothing but heat vision just so you can see the similar trend or you just think the crits will magically all of a sudden get better in minute 5 of doing the same thing
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

longer 30 second parses allow for more mistakes and less correct information too.
    More shorter parses like 10 seconds will give better numbers because of less mistakes with clicks.

then....if you do have a mistake that 10 second parser is easier to remove and takes less time.

ALSO......You can always link 3 TEN second parses together if you want 30 second parses with fewer mistakes.
  11. dcuobank Level 30

what do you mean by mistakes with clicks hes just hitting heat vision off cooldown and waiting for it to come back to hit again?
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You still get variations in between clicks. It is easier to keep the same rhythm for 10 seconds than 30 seconds unless you are using macros or a program to run your parses.

With a 30 second run you might get 3 or 4 oops that could give you some off numbers.
    Ten seconds it is easier to go without making 0.5 sec click mistakes.
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

All in all the shorter parses are easier to run because you know when you miss a click & can sort through bad information faster. If you get one oops in ten seconds you can stop right there and do over. In 30 seconds most will keep going because its 30 seconds and they don't want to stop.

Now like I said. If supported by a program then run that parse all day if you want because there will not be mistakes. Because what you are looking for is good numbers without any mistakes.
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

30 second parses are almost always the way to go and this has been discussed to death many times in the past, the only time I would recommend 10’s is if you were looking at ramp up times or on pc using the log analyzer but other then that 30’s will be the most accurate. And if your worried about mistakes you can just toss out that 30 seconds just as easy as a 10 second parse or just don’t mess up.

Oh and I’m not sure why you even bring mistakes up in this specific case cause how hard is it to cast heat vision over and over lol
    • Like x 3
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry dude you're wrong. 30 second parse allow for too many mistakes.

You were proof of that in the Revamp when Nature came out screwed up.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

30 seconds are more realistic when comparing to an extended boss fight. Not mention the way some powers work, 10 seconds give too much fluctuation because some powers are slower than others and take longer than 10 seconds to get a full rotation off. When you're looking at 10s you're looking at more bloated numbers, especially if you went on a decent crit streak
    • Like x 6
  17. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

To me it depends if you are trying to scoreboard chase or help the team. I'm sure almost regardless of your skill points the urgund is going to give you a better boost. But its giving that boost to the entire party and most likely someone else in the party is running that artifact anyways so you will likely be getting that boost whether you run that artifact or not. Solar amp at 160 gives you get a 5% might buff to yourself only as well as the heat vision buffs for your single target dps.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

10 seconds allow for less fluctuation. On top of that it doesn't have to be 10 sec. It can be 12, 8 or even 15.
    It has to a a short enough run that people can run without making mistakes and 30 seconds of clicking can be a long time. Even if spamming one power.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No offense but this:
    Told me everything I needed to know about you lol. I think you know why I can't take your view point serious now.
    • Like x 3
  20. dcuobank Level 30

For sure the base stats on the HV artifact will be far better than the other ones they were already higher at rank 120. If it's a league run and you know someone else is running it than you're good to go but im sure pugs leveling the HV artifact as well are thinking the same thing etc. The other thing to note is that even if your rotation already used heat vision it certainly didn't use the full duration you prob jump cancelled it after the 2nd or 3rd tick like everyone else now with the aoe explosion and the burning you have to wait for the entire duration of HV to finish adding a couple more seconds to the rotation. Not saying that would be bad but in some powerset cases that may not be ideal.

Plus you can plainly see from the video the splitting is not good on the explosion and with 160 just adding little burning dots as well isn't really worth the 400,000+ xp investment. The base stats would be but who knows with augments coming out we may be able to buff our might higher through those