Healing artifact

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nautical enthusiast, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Nautical enthusiast Well-Known Player

While you can heal any content with any power, most groups over look nature and sorcery simply because they don’t have a 8 man shield. Maybe the next healing artifact could add a shield to the supercharge at lvl 80. Increased healing at 120 or visa versa. At 160 increased shield strength or healing from sc.

I am mainly talking about the exclusion from elite raids. Burning terra during 1st phase, tentacles Ttbe.
    • Like x 2
  2. agent whitecell Steadfast Player

And yet my best experience in that raid is with a sorc healer
  3. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

I'm not sure if they would make an artifact that benefits only one or two powersets, but I can see them maybe doing one for an iconic power. Like, pheromone bloom getting an artifact that at 80 increases the heal. At 120 gives an 8 man shield. At 160 give power back.
    • Like x 1
  4. Extinction Active Player

Sorcery has 8-man shield just like Electricity, it's the supercharge called Transcendence, it just isn't as flashy so most people don't even notice when they have it.
    • Like x 5
  5. Entrust Committed Player

I like the idea, but think the progression should be:

Shield @ 80
    Heal increase @ 120
    Reduced Cost / Accelerated Gain @ 160

If the goal is to grant powers without an 8-player shield, or provide an alternative 8-player SC shield, then the shield should kick in at 80 & benefits come later.

Ranking to 80 isn't terrible, but getting to 120+ takes a lot a Nth metal.
  6. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

Yeah, but going by what they did with the Eye Laser artifact. It went Increased Damage > Added Changes. (multihit.)

Pheromone Bloom is an SC that does damage and group heals. So they would boost what it is first, then add a new element to it.
  7. TheLorax 10000 Post Club

The 8-man shield could be puts everyone in a flytrap. ^_^ Jk, but Nature's shield needs to be more obvious than what we have.
  8. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

A translucent one, like maybe what Raven does to you? I'm just spit balling here. ;)

But honestly, it could be a ball of ivy around you, similar to thorn shield.
    • Like x 1
  9. Entrust Committed Player

You make a good point. However, I would hope that if the devs did pursue this they would chose a progression that's more beneficial to the role (healer), instead of just copying a damage artifact's progression.

Healers don't really need a stronger healing SC, most are pretty good as is. Some of us (nature) need an 8-player shield.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

Yeah, but look at the implications of the artifact for non healer roles. Another shield for a tank. Non troll powerset DPS having a shield for elite content. At 80, it becomes the new meta (example would be word of power), but at 120 it becomes a focus for healers.

Right now, the other iconic power artifact hasn't deviated from dps, a shield is more versatile.
  11. Entrust Committed Player

True, but given that shields are based on Resto & Dom they are pretty ineffective when used by DPS. Would a dps sacrifice a damage power, or personal shield (for pick-ups) for a weak group shield? Maybe, but unlikely.

Personally, I'm okay with tanks also being able to throw group SC shields. Would it be game breaking if all three support roles could throw group shields? Maybe, I'd have to think about it some more.
  12. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

Keep in mind, it's a supercharge and super charges do get boosted by your stats, BUT are pretty dang tough to start because they are a super charge. That's how they made it post stats update.
  13. Entrust Committed Player

That may be so, but with regard to DPS using SC shields if they were effective then wouldn't all the electric DPS in TTBe have used them? I've seen it tried , but it wasn't worth using. So I don't see DPS using it to avoid mechanics.

Tanks getting a SC group shield does give me reason to pause.
  14. TheLorax 10000 Post Club

Thorn shield would be perfect, I forgot that used to be a thing.
    • Like x 1
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Sorc has an 8 man shield: Transcendence. Still a decent idea, though.
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Or they could make a Hard Light Shield artifact - possibly based on the Phantom Ring:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Phantom_Ring

For every level, the bubble has a new color added to its RNG table on use; and each color can have a different extra ability. Yellow can cause panic on enemies nearby; Violet heals; Blue gives power; Orange encases enemies.

At those certain milestones, it turns into a four man shield (each person getting a random different color); and finally an 8 man shield under the same principle. Also on the final level, an aoe explosion could be added to trigger when the bubble pops. All are elements that go along with the Phantom Ring lore.
    • Like x 1
  17. Nautical enthusiast Well-Known Player

Idk sorcery, didn't know it had a shield. I know nature needs it. Since iconics were brought up, they could just copy what they did to heat vision to hard light shield. Make it a new super charge power at 80 or 120.
  18. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

I actually assumed the hard light shield was Dr Light or The Ray.
    • Like x 1