Healers with more Precision...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whodini, Jun 14, 2013.

1. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

In PVE , yellow sockets should always be straight resto...especially for the t5 raids. You will not be doing hardly any damage in there so its a waste giving yourself more precision. Blue sockets should be Resto/Health and reds should be resto/might or resto/prec. That way you get the bonuses from your gear. If you don't mod with the correct mods, you don't get those bonuses.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

touch'e
  3. Gokaigerbay New Player

Ever heard of stat budget in game design?
    Gear in tiers have a set "stat budget" that the developer plans. Certain stats take up more 'stat weight' when designing the gear. An example is how you there's always more might than precision on a piece of gear because precision weights heavier due to the natural way it scales. Even on "precision-focused" gear that a recent newly added choice, there's still more might on it.

Mods kind of go a different path and really offers a better range of customization than people realize.
    No one is saying Prec over Resto, its Hybrids over pure resto mods, because you get the most bang for your buck on the stats.
    Take precision/might over pure precision & pure might. Some go full pure, but for the majority, wouldn't be recommended unless you had a very specific gameplan in mind. For the majority, its easier to argue for hybrid might/precision on red slots.
    I think you find it harder to argue pure precision over hybrid when looking at the paper. Either might-focused or precision focused.
    14 more precision vs. 36 might or 15more might vs. 36 precision. 2.5x difference there.

Those that go into just stacking their resto without taking into account other factors are the ones getting left in the dust if you ever been in a t5 raid with a healer going the hybrid prec.mod route. And the rest of the raid can tell to, because that healer is not only doing just as much healing as you because 100resto makes very insignificant difference after a certain point (3300-3400+), but he's doing more damage than all the other support roles combined. And he's the one that's pushing the timer down so the soft-enrages don't happen.

Just looking at the resto number without taking other variable is like those foolish healers that choose to use 92dps weapons from Outer for +12more resto instead of a 125dps~ Prime weapon that not only gives a ton more dps, but more power/hp as well.
  4. Trees New Player

I love having high prec as a healer. I usually out dps the tanks and trolls. If everyone thought like me the raids would take a lot less time. My hive mind makes up for way more than what I lose with having mixed mods. People rarely go down when I'm healing either. I know my role and my biggest reason for increased prec is my pets! I use the collectors edition drone and with the extra prec it hits for 60-150 every second. All I have to do is hit an enemy once and he's on them.

We all have our playing styles so saying this is a bad idea or good is all relative. I complete every raid I'm in and have never been kicked for lack of healing. Play your way and have fun! If you don't like it then remod!
  5. Buckley Loyal Player

In a perfect world I would not need to even take a weapon in a raid as a healer because the troller should be supplying power. But that is not going to happen, you use your weapon to generate power as well. So at leased make that weapon work other wise you might as well just go with no weapon and still get hit counters for power regen. If a player has the extra SP to put into DPS stats, go for it.
    besides there is a reason that you get combinations of mods, the idea of the game is to play it your way. You are the next Legend.

So go forth and be LEGENDARY;)
  6. Twilight Man New Player

End game content has more than one path possible leading to success. You're referring to personal preference and level of ease.
  7. Minx New Player

IMO ...leave the damage dealing to the DPS. Your healing powers are worth more to them (your group). In the case of solos, alerts, and your lesser raids...you can always dual respec.
  8. Toren New Player

If you have extra SP, BY ALL MEANS GET DPS stuff. I'm talking about healers getting dps stats when their healer stats aren't maxed.

BTW, "Play your way" is BS once you step out of solos. No one would recommend a healer get Vit before resto so stop the play ur way nonsense. Or learn the difference between "can" and "should" something be done.

Run paradox or nexus, wipe several times. Get kicked because the full resto resto healer is out healing you, then send tells to the group explaining while you may not be the best healer you've done more damage than a troll. Surely they'll reinvite you once they see how beast your damage is. Good luck with that.
  9. Gokaigerbay New Player

^
    never had that happen because i was solo healing nexus/paradox
    • Like x 1
  10. Toren New Player

My comments are not addressing the healers capable of solo healing T5 raids. Bravo, man.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brit Loyal Player

I've seen very little difference between 3300 Resto and 3400 Resto. Overall, there are only 3 amounts of health I see in the group.

#1. Full. Cannot be healed any further.
    #2. Injured. Going to be full in 2-3 seconds of HoT, or in 1 Blossom.
    #3. Dead. Cannot be healed any further.

I would say, being entirely realistic, that not even 1 in 20 deaths are preventable by the Healer these days. The Healer's role is essential, don't get me wrong, but death is almost always the result of being hit by a one-shot kill or burst damage spray that kills players from fulll to dead in less than a second. There is no healing through the one-shot kills; they need to learn to get out of the darn targetting reticle, to push block when the boss is about to teleport, to stand in proper facing in melee so they don't eat all 8 beams of what otherwise would have been a fan attack at range. I can heal damage, but I can't heal stupidity, and Nature lacks an ability that lets me reach through the cable line and push their block button for them. There is no healing of one-shot kills, and that's pretty much all that kills people these days.

Considering that, with the raw amount of overhealing that goes on from HoT ticking on people who are perpetually kept at full, and burst heals healing up anyone injured with a total heal amount that is more than the total health of anybody but a Fire Tank, pure stacking of Restoration really only serves the purpose of avoiding fingerpointing from people who have no real understanding of Healing.

In comparison, even if the increase in Precision did bring you up to 30% of what the DPS are doing (and I assume those posting that are referencing the 3rd place DPS), that means you still deal somewhere around 7% of what the DPS as a whole are doing (with a certain amount of flex for whatever disparity exists between the 1st place and 3rd place DPS). Compared to the raid as a whole, you'll be about 3% of the total damage (even if you out-damage the Tank, you are not doubling the total damage of the Tank, 2 Trollers, and another Healer all combined). The entire raid goes then theoretically 3% faster, right? Well, for a 1 hour raid, that means you managed to save yourself and your teammates 1 minute 48 seconds.

Every little bit counts? Sounds like that optimistic theory that everyone spouts off, but it's actually hogwash. You see, the more efficient your group is, the faster the time becomes. The faster the time is, the less of an impact that 3% has. In a 30 minute raid, suddenly your 3% only amounts to 54 seconds. In order for your 3% to have a real, substantial impact, the raid would have to be very lengthy.

Except that is not true either, because any raid going over an hour (being very generous there with the time) is not doing it as the result of 1 hour of successful combat. Either it's delays of waiting on people (repairs, afks, replacements, etc), or it's the result of wipes requiring you to redo content. Additional damage scored during a wipe means nothing. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Because that additional damage did not result in success or accomplish anything. It pads a scorecard, but the only thing actually contributed to the raid from a wiped attempt is more time. It's not like wiping 10 times will wear the boss down by 30% more; he keeps the exact same starting life for attempt #11. The only way to overcome wiping is to increase the group's overall effectiveness, dealing more damage, taking less damage, or accomplishing objectives in a more timely manner. If you're part of a 4 hour raid, you did not save the group the 7 minutes that you believe you did, because every single wipe put you right back to the point you were at 3 1/2 hours ago.

Mixed mods are great; pure stacking mods have a diminishing return. And excessively high Resto makes an increasingly smaller difference in one's abilities.

As a Healer, however, if you wish to make a greater impact for your group, the stacking of mixed mods for those yellow slots should be either Resto/Power or Resto/Health. Resto/Power will allow you to continue healing when a Pure Resto Healer will have bled themself dry by casting their overhealing heals. Resto/Power keeps people up when you're with a cruddy group. Resto/Health can actually get you to the point where you can survive some one shots. This allows you to be more dependable in doing your job, and have a little more wiggle room for personal error. Pure Resto will give more theoretical healing, most of which will be overheals. Resto/Precision will give more damage, but not in an amount that can actually impact the success of the overall raid.

Doing your job includes keeping yourself alive and rationing your power so you have it when you need it. Use the mixed mods to do that, instead of trying to impress people on the Pride Page.
    • Like x 1
  12. Minx New Player

^^...totally agree. Still, missing my mob burning days, its still fun to kill sh*t!!! ;)
  13. YodaDog New Player

Yes, well that's swell but practically noone is doing that. So why we all know how amazing of a healer you are now, Im not sure what else you're adding to the discussion here with that comment.

And while I dont disagree that running high precision is a viable and interesting strategy for t5 raids, your earlier assertion that people are seeing reinforcements and failing to burn bosses because healers arent burning enough is ridiculous. I'm personally specced more for power then prec after resto atm.. Im experimenting and I'll fully admit, I dont do much damage. And it hasnt stopped any decent group Ive been in from beating the content. Not once has anyone ever called me out for not damaging enough. If the bosses arent dying fast enough, in my experience, its clearly been because of one of two reasons. Either the DD's arent good enough or the team cant coordinate well enough to stay off the mat. Usually the culprit has been losing a DD midway through the fight and failing to get him up.

You're strategy is interesting. Its not the only one thats viable, I know that for a fact. And noone cares if you can solo paradox in your scivvies, man. Thats not relevant.
  14. Gokaigerbay New Player

I disagree with Brit that the damage you dish out more with Resto/Precision is insignificant. Doing 30-40% of a DPS, even the 3rd one is big. Especially when with even gear, there isn't much difference anymore between 1st and 3rd. Bad DPS in 3rd have been kicked for dealing less than a 30% difference in from 2nd spot.

3rd DPS damage - My damage equals pretty much the number if the cr97 3rd DPS was a CR90-92. And you know most groups won't even give a single glance @ a cr90 DPS looking for nexus/paradox.

Think about how common and more popular it is now for groups to do solo healing. Bringing in a 4th DPS to make things faster. Instead of 2 'full resto' healers.

If you opt for a traditional make, & you end up picking up both high precision healers, that 40%+40% practically equals another 4th DPS already, and you still get the benefit of a 2nd healer without the con. of carrying a healer doing less than 10,000 damage the whole raid.

If trollers took that route and 'sacrificed' 40vit for 200-250more precision, they could follow the same route, and the raid ends up as if a 5th DPS is there.

The t5 raid with the reinforcement/softg enrage timers was made for 2dps/2tanks/high precision healers & trollers. But people are too focused on FoS and Outer builds, so they force it in with 1 tank and being overgeared (and still can't make it before reinforcement timers because healers and trollers aren't contributing anything to the burn)

Game update/DLC has been consistantly giving non-healers multiple ways to self-sustain themself temporary through self-healing/protection.

Better sodas, supply drops, sidekicks, mods healing when they self-heal/breakout ect.
    It only makes sense that 'support' roles' damage output got augmented and increased along the way as well.
  15. Gokaigerbay New Player

Mainly to the point to people insisting that you absolutely need 2x super max resto healers in t5 raids. Period. End of story.

When there are multiple single healer players right now without those specs, is capable of facerolling the current content to show how much actual wiggle room there is.
    I won't say going full resto in yellow slots is wrong, however the first page or two of people just flat out dismissing hybrid mods in yellow slots discourages people from a variable build because of false misconceptions.
  16. YodaDog New Player

Much better. That^ I 100% agree with.
    Cheers.
  17. Trees New Player

I can solo heal nexus with resto & pre mods and have out healed straight resto modded people. Not sure why 100 resto would make or break a raid. Especially when I can use hive mind or a soda lol you seem upset that people would think differently than you. Been playing like that since mods came out so obviously it's not hurting my group or league. If it was I probably wouldn't be doing it.
  18. Minx New Player

Assuming we are only talking about T5 raids, wouldn't that 4th DPS do a significant amount of damage compared to a mod'ed resto/prec healer? (Again, assuming that all 4 dps are within a reasonable amount of damage out scoreboard numbers)

Regardless, the point made about capable damage dealers and a well skilled/coordinated group does make a huge impact on the time factor.
  19. Zeikial Committed Player

80 resto will not make or break a healer, if it does then that healer needs to switch roles. 80 resto is the exact amount of resto you will be missing if you choose to mod rest prec 5 expert, over resto 5 expert, an 80 resto difference, meanwhile you will pick up 228 precision if you choose to mod resto prec. You have 4 pieces of gear to which you can mod straight resto, meanwhile you can mod those same 4 with resto prec, and mod the head and shoulders with resto prec as well, and gain a bigger benefit.
    • Like x 1