Healers on Strike!!!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by GodofSorcery, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Yup going pew pew got boring. I can DPS, I have DPS gear, but I choose not to because it bores me. DPSing isn't hard so it's funny to me when people say that support roles are bad players if they don't know how to DPS
    • Like x 2
  2. Shifty Committed Player

Instead of making stupid posts like this,it's easier just to you know,DPS and build up ur healer gear...As I do with my alt..saves arguments and crying.Same goes for tanks
  3. GodofSorcery New Player

If you just joined in on this thread please don't call it stupid unless you have read pages 1-17

Thanks,
    ThesisS
    • Like x 1
  4. Shifty Committed Player

All I needed to do was read the first Page ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. blklightning New Player

I don't want to give the impression that this is what I think of all DPS. There are capable DPS, good, and great. I'd fit into the good category. A few of the DPS I run with fall into the great category. They mix, match, and test powers, weapons, rotations in order to squeeze out as much as they can. It's impressive the different between a 25min run w/ my buddy and a 40min run w/ a PUG. LOL
    • Like x 1
  6. ApocolypticShinobi New Player

Going to stop healing t5 content? Lol its an alert any group makeup should be able to complete it. Ill see you all shouting for t6 raids soon enough. You guys arent trolls theres plenty of you around
    • Like x 2
  7. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I agree there are some great DPS out there. I know multiple people that spend hours on the sparing dummies to perfect rotations and to squeak out that little bit more dmg. I have a lot of respect for these players, some have become good friends over the years. I just ment that for me personally I find DPS boring and not hard at all. I've spent my fair share of time as a DPS and this is just the conclusion I came to for myself, its the way I like to play. I'm not going to tell others to play my way if it makes the game not fun or boring for them that would just be cruel lol.
    • Like x 2
  8. Badname4445 New Player

That's cute that you think you're OP for the new raids that's about all the response I have for you. I prob know exactly who you're talking about you are prob another mirin rider hahahaha. Good for you, you got into a run with bad dps's and finished on top, DPS are a dime a dozen but just like anything else good ones are hard to find. So again stop crying that you can't get picked up for healing and learn how to dps efficiently.
    • Like x 1
  9. Badname4445 New Player

Just for the record I have 2 tanks a 3k VIT troll and a healer. How did I get my healer gear you ask? I DPS'd for the marks GG
    • Like x 1
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think its more like where are the tanks. Need more tanks in this game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Artichoke Heart New Player

I think we might see more tanks soon since Ice DPS got such a buff. Once they get their duplicate unattuned gear as DPS, some of those players might start tanking out of curiousity? Rage buddy of mine had a full set of extra unattuned and that was the only reason he started tanking. Nothing else to do with em.
    • Like x 1
  12. Night New Player

Honestly, GoS...

The problem is that Fire and Rage tanks heal themselves and because DC has overpowered their healing and made it ridiculous, players are catching on and riding the bandwagon. How many Ice and Earth tanks run into a T6 Alert without a healer vs how many Fire and Rage tanks. Clearly there is a statement to be made about the tank's healing abilities. If at this point, DC dropped Fire and Rage tank's healing power by about 50 to 60%, healers will be needed again as these mobs and bosses hit hard enough making it an adequate challenge. So...

To DC and Sony respectively,

As many healers including myself will agree...something, INSTEAD OF NOTHING needs to be done about tanks and their OVERPOWERED HEALING abilities. There shouldn't be people looking for groups without roles...ANY ROLES. Then why have them present or in game? All roles have a primary objective and there shouldn't be a tank stepping on a healer's toes or a DPS stepping on a Tank's toes, etc.

Tank = Pull and maintain aggro as well as buff
    DPS = Maximum damage output...point, blank, period
    Controller = Distribute power amongst the group as well as debuff/buff
    Healer = To distribute maximum restorative powers and heals and to make sure that everyone stays at maximum health

As stated before, if groups can be formed without without even ONE of these roles, then something needs to be done about this. ALL ROLES should be vital and important, not left out and neglected. Are you out to lose players and subs or do you want to attract more? I think DC/Sony would want more...so DO MORE, then DO BETTER.

GoS,

Maybe things will pick up for us healers...maybe not. All we can do is pray these developers and programmers know what they are doing. Like I said, I believe reducing tank's healing abilities and/or (preferably and) making the bosses and mobs hit harder should do the trick. What do you think?
    • Like x 1
  13. Night New Player

That is EXACTLY how it should and hopefully will be. If you refuse a tank, then there is a lack of maintaining aggro and everyone gets hit extremely hard and wipes. If there is no DPS, then mobs and bosses won't burn quickly enough and now there is less and less power going out eventually which will take triple the time to complete or eventually the group will wipe. If there is no controller, no power will be distributed amongst the rest, thus hindering other roles from doing their jobs...need I say wipe? If there is no healer, health should deplete and it would only be a matter of time before that ends up in a wipe. You stated a problem: "I do not care or get worked up over how people get there (by the way, it's *their*) groups together. Because someone does not want a Heal, Troll, Tank does not mean all of us will DIE." not a solution. So, I'm sure if DCUO actually gets it right, you'll what...stop playing or unsubscribe because there were too many complaints and input about how the fair the game should be?
  14. Badname4445 New Player

I don't think I just know you're completely wrong. I know plenty of ice and earth tanks that complete this regularly with no problems. It's an alert and should be treated as so, you can run whatever group setup your little heart desires it just so happens without a question the fastest and easiest way to run this alert is with a tank 2 dps and troll for the simple reason 2 dps faster burn of course troll for power and tank to maintain agro so dps's can burn when running with a healer agro is split dps's lose damage and one dps ends up tanking anyway. Healers will be relevant when raids drop, and again if you are I'm T6 content and cannot dps to be able to buy your healing gear that's your own fault. Why would I want to make a 15-20 min alert into a 25-30 min consistently there is just no point
  15. SoulflyMike42 New Player

I do not understand what or where you're getting at but good luck
  16. Night New Player

Nothing I stated was wrong. Everything I stated was sound and legitimate. If DCUO/Sony made it so you had to que in with at least one of each role, you would what...stop playing? As far as your statement, I went and put that to the test. I just got out of the Alert as a healer and it took one of each role doing their necessary jobs to complete the T6 Alert in 20:02. Twenty minutes and two seconds is a problem? If you don't have the adequate time to run a raid or an alert then don't play the game. There should be no holding any roles back or forcing them to DPS when they shouldn't have to, don't want to, and are not obligated to switch. It's a problem that needs to be fixed and hopefully it does get fixed.
  17. Night New Player

Read prior posts in conversation. One who jumps in half way is bound to lack the comprehension of any debate...and thank you.
  18. Night New Player

Yes, some people have no idea wtf they are talking about. I completely agree with your statement. There is obviously something wrong with groups being able to que in without a role. For a raid, they should have a minimum of one tank, one healer, one controller, and the rest could be DPS if that is what the raid prefers. However, for Alerts...? The game should only allow one of each role to que up and rid all walk-ins. On one of the later posts in this forum, I believe on page 18 (for now), there is an in depth post about how it should be to avoid one role acting as three.
  19. Night New Player

I completely agree with you. No roles should be neglected or mistreated, it's just a morally wrong path to travel down and it just makes it harder for people to enjoy the game. All roles should be needed, regardless if wanted. My healer (Aqua Rayne) is always down to help out and heal; and for me to see that there is no need for him makes me think long and hard on whether I want to keep playing this game or not.
  20. Night New Player

Nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.