Healer ranges

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DeitySupreme, Dec 1, 2018.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I have recently tested most tank powers, tanking capabilities as well as artifacts. I have been thinking about switching to healer power but wasn’t sure which ones to try. Right now I’m mainly interested in knowing the ranges of each healer. I have heard that celestial had the best healing range. Is this true?

If you had to order than by range of heals from best range to smallest radius what would it be? Not asking for how good they are just the ranges.

Thanks in advance
  2. L T Devoted Player

I think as part of the revamp all healing powers got celestial's range-- at least as far as their priority and group heals.
    • Like x 3
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

electric or celestial is probably your best bet, electricity has an amazing dps aoe ability that also translates into the same results in healer role, and celestial healing using light based abilities is rather varied but overall one of the strongest healing power sets cause of it. personally i'd have wished that, like how chain lightning heals instead of doing damage, the devs would have left harvest as a heal aoe in healer role for nature, but what's done is done. overall i would recommend celestial the most, as it's the one healer power set i'd consider switching to if i ever abandoned nature. by range most of them have the same range as heals will go as far as possible as long as the healer is on the same part of the map as the rest of the team and all of them will be blocked by objects in the way however: 1. celestial/sorcery has the largest range as certain free moving pets can provide healing from non fixed positions and rove around the field, 2. nature/water as these generally cover msot of the field with nature especially having a blurry boundary for it's aoes 3. electricity it's third because many of it's heals like the afore mentioned chain lightning require proximity to jump from player to player and thus it has a limited mid to short range.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thank you both for your replies. The reason I asked this was mainly for healing in the final bosses of each elite raids. In CoTe you have the large room. The way my league does it is that one tank stays in the top left corner while the other tank is kiting the other bosses and adds closer the the lower right side of the room. And most of the group stays closer to the left center wall of the room. This is so that aqua doesn’t target the group members. This has become a bit of a pain when I healed since I’m primary a dps than tank than troll. Healing is my weakest role.

I wanted to be able to heal everyone including the rather tank and pets if the farther tank happened to be earth lol. Healers don’t have an apparent visual indication of the healing radius which makes healing even harder for me lol.

Also, as I became a Gemini tank, I also wanted to become a Gemini healer lol. ThS is just a side note haha.
    • Like x 1
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

in that case i would most definitely go celestial as it's the only power with anything close to an indicator with any real range to it. nature is nice as the roots from bloom technically count as an indicator but much like electric which also has sort of a tell, both are a bit limited in range and confined mostly to proximity heals. plus celestial has virtuous light, a free ranging pet heal that will move around and doesn't really have a set range.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thank you again. Another question lol,

From what I remember from the last time I was healer I thought that virtuous light was also stationary. What did you mean that it’s free ranging pet? Is there something I’m missing?

Since I plan on becoming a Gemini healer how does celestial have any worthy sc? Or should I stick to using vacuum bubble to trigger Gemini. Are there any healing sc that cost 2500 in any movement mode tree?
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

well there's consecrated ground, it's a super charge that will prevent incoming damage to any group member within the circle similar to circle of protection but with damage negation rather than a heal over time, does it have to be right at 2,500? consecrated ground is 1,000 and cursed idol is over at 5,000. i'm not sure about virtuous light but i think like soul well from sorcery it either is created near each group member or moves towards them but from what i read on fatal star's guide to celestial this has a huge aoe diameter for it's heals and goes the max render distance (the maximum range an object can move away and be displayed). found another guide that states the glyph's appear under four targeted players and will effect another four each with aoe heals over time.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I believe the CG is 10000 sc lol.

For sorc, I know soul well his an ally heal. Anyone know the range of it? Is it anything like the healing aoe of water?
  9. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Celes/nature has best ranges
    • Like x 1
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

^this

They streamlined the ranges across all healer powersets between 35m (some call this line of sight though :rolleyes:) and 25m. A tiny few exceptions exists based on functionality.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Is that only for priorities and group heals? Or ally heals too? Earth tanks need love for their bricks too lol
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Sorcery heals pets still fine unlike other powersets that got shafted on a few npc heal capabilities. Circles do the job well. Range of Soul Well covers majority of boss rooms.
    • Like x 2
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

as a nature healer i can pretty much vouch for that, or at least nature's grey area when talking about heal ranges. whenever i pop a hot/roar the whole room erupts in ticking green numbers.
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I have no problem healing the entire room in COT E hugging the left side wall. Both AcB and CS (your 2 basic HoTs) will heal the entire room. I found the same experience with most the "round" rooms like DWF, HH, etc. I still call VL Divine Light, but I think it hits the whole room too. CS is a HoT for pets and npcs, but I have never seen brisk last more than a few seconds in any of these elite raids so I hope you are not trying to keep brick alive.
    For EoG I use Sacrifice as my 50% SC. With both EoG and Soul Cloak artifacts at 120 I can keep both SC shields up almost constantly, building up the regen after you cast the 1st one. AcB is your SC regen power, so it's perfect for Celestial. I would guess with both artifacts at 160 it will take less then 10 seconds to build up your SC again so you will have constant shields. For a recent COT E run I was with an electric healer and we just rotated our SC shields on last boss to help the tank kiting the adds.
    • Like x 1
  15. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I have never been an earth tank, but multiple tanks in my COT E runs have told earth tanks in our runs not to use brick. The pet heals will help him survive small attacks, but I think most of the adds in elite raids can 1 shot brick at this point. When our earth tank switched to a different strategy he did much better.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Forgot to answer your question about VL. For the big burst heal you have to be in the area, which is max range anyway. So for COT E it should hit the entire room. For the HoTs, you can be in the area then walk out, or walk into then out of the area. But that would only matter for bigger areas (like DD raid for example).
    I used to use consecrated ground as my SC before EoG. Now with EoG I use sacrifice to have 2 shields available for the group. It's not as good as CG, but I find having 2 shields more valuable with the SC artifacts. For Celestial I would not use vacuum bubble, I recommend sacrifice.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

How is it for healing? I never see any sorc healer using it. Is it because it’s terrible?
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have been earth tanking all elite raids using the Gemini approach. And I have not had any issues keeping him alive. He still dies in elite but not as much as people think it does. I just want to help out any bit I can haha. Yesterday I was gemini water healing. As much as I like water healing it’s just not the right fit more me dps wise lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have tried nature as well but could not get the hang of it. I have used 3 pheromones and flourish to refresh them but the pheromones felt very weak. And I could never see how long the range was. While nature I would use bug and human. In bug I’d have 3 pheromone, shield, priority, and return to normal. While in human I’d have the group heal, priority heal, shield, flourish, bug, and last one I could never figure out so used the ally heal. I could never figure out if I was actually healing the group or if the heals were falling short. Because nature has the only healer 2500 sc I thought it would fit Gemini best but felt like I was naturing wrong lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

It probably is ^^

But: My field experience is not really useful as I only heal on an alt who isnt going often in "hard" content. I would leave the question to answer by someone who is actively playing the powerset in current elite content.

Worth a try to ask in the Sorcery guide in the Oracle Guide section :)
    • Like x 1