Have you considered letting players join more than one league?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, May 18, 2020.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I have seen this feature in a couple of MMOs (GW2, ESO) and it seems to be appreciated. Many leagues are incapable of successfully doing multiple things with high efficiency. For instance, when PvP was relevant and playable, it was preferable to join a PvP league that would accept you, but they weren't always coordinated when it came to PvE. Conversely, it was tough to find a PvE league capable of successfully running PvP. Some guilds also prefer to just be casual, social guilds. Some people, like myself, probably found two or more leagues really interesting but were restricted to just one. It would also be neat to be in a guild that is mostly active during the day and one thag is mostly active at night since it allows some flexibility and freedom in your schedule. You can play with people at anytime.

In terms of lore, I don't think it would break it. Jon Stewart and Hal Jordan are both members of the Green Lantern Corps and the Justice League. Batman is a part of the Batfamily and Justice League. Cyborg (his is a little weird but still) is a Titan and a Justice League member. Pretty sure Nightwing is too. Sinestro is obviously a part of the Sinestro Corps and also in the Society of Villains or whatever they call themselves. Pretty sure the same idea can be applied to Wonder Woman, Doctor Fate, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, etc.

**HOW THIS WOULD WORK**

- Allow players to join up to 3-5 leagues. If strict on lore, then 2.

- A player can choose to actively represent one of them at any given time. The league they represent will show up under their name and any points they gain will go towards the league they are currently representing. Any stats they receive also come from the league they are representing.

- Add multiple league chats (i.e League 1, League 2, etc)

- BONUS: leagues can form an alliance with another league.
    • Like x 2
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

too much text displayed over the player head. ;)

example:

The Great
    Saint Nutella
    <xxx league>
    <yyy league>
    _/﹋\_
    (҂`_´)
    <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - -
    _/﹋\_
    • Like x 2
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

"A player can choose to actively represent one of them at any given time. The league they represent will show up under their name..."

Edit: Note that this is a really a non issue. Multiple games have this feature and there isn't an issue of too many overhead titles. At least not when it's done well. See GW2.
    • Like x 1
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

That is a great idea.

I will join every single league that exist in the game and constantly change my league title.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Bold of you to assume that anyone will just invite you to their league. But anyways, I understand that this is sarcasm.

In any case, I still don't see why being able to change which league appears near your name is an issue. I mean you can even change your own name whenever you please as long as you pay. But if that's such a big deal for people, then just don't have any league name at all, since, as you say, you could just join every single league to have a new name whenever you please. Or just have a primary league that will remain as a constant while you can still be in other leagues.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Me personally, I would have to down-vote on more than 2.

I've mentioned the idea of 'league alliances' years ago (shortly after league Halls) where 2 leagues could form an alliance with 'alliance chat': it was obviously not an acceptable idea lol.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Why not? An alliance between two leagues seems just fine to me. Alliance chat sounds even better.
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It got no response, and no implementation.

Plus, there's custom channels for an 'alliance' chat.
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the idea that i have forming would involve a lot of work. falls along the lines of creating a "League Academy" (or Society Academy). An in game league anyone can join provided they meet the criteria with freshman, sophomore, junior and senior as rank you achieve as you climb up the ladder. each rank has its own chat channel. This is in addition to the leagues players can form and build themselves. This would be a nice way to bring players at various stages together easier. Don't know how an AI leader would work or how "situations" would get handled.
  10. RevyXV New Player

I wish this was a real thing, a common issue I run into is being the only member of league that is online at the same time. I mean, 1/270 players online & at most 5/270 of various levels/CR. I mostly just wait in the Hall of Doom for hours waiting on queues while/after I do my dailies when it would be faster if the league had more members active to play with.
    • Like x 1
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I know exactly how you feel.
  12. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

The simplest solution is this: Have one character in one league, and another character in a separate league. Since this is the easiest route to take, the Devs will not (ever) look into the idea to be in more than one league at a time. They have other and bigger priorities to attend to.

In reference to Hal, John, & (though you excluded him for some reason, I will include him here) Kyle, being a part of both the JL and the Corp is because of one thing, one word.....

Commitments.

Its a decent idea, but the Devs will never implement it. Not when players can already do that themselves by having more than one toon.
    • Like x 1
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If your going to choose to rep 1 at a time then why not just be in that 1 lol
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Because like I said previously, you may want to experience what other leagues offer without leaving your current league. In GW2 I was in a PvP guild, a PvE guild, and a small guild simply for social purposes and some occasional world exploration. In ESO I am in a PvP/WvW guild, a small guild for my friend, a PvE guild, and a trading guild.

And I suggested that while repping a league, the points you get (can't remember what they're called exactly) go towards that league. If you're in two leagues and one obviously doesn't need those points, you can choose to help your other league.

Edit: here is what I said previously

"Many leagues are incapable of successfully doing multiple things with high efficiency. For instance, when PvP was relevant and playable, it was preferable to join a PvP league that would accept you, but they weren't always coordinated when it came to PvE. Conversely, it was tough to find a PvE league capable of successfully running PvP. Some guilds also prefer to just be casual, social guilds. Some people, like myself, probably found two or more leagues really interesting but were restricted to just one. It would also be neat to be in a guild that is mostly active during the day and one thag is mostly active at night since it allows some flexibility and freedom in your schedule. You can play with people at anytime."

"The league they represent will show up under their name and any points they gain will go towards the league they are currently representing."
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I might agree with you if this game was alt friendly. It is not. At least not compared to the MMOs I mentioned, both of which have the option to join multiple leagues.

As for your second point, I'm aware of what probably is or is not a priority. I was an active PvP player so I have had my share of, "this is not a priority right now." The question, however, was whether or not the devs have ever considered this and if so, why it hasn't been implemented. If not, if they would consider this, even if it was put in the back of the line. People are still suggesting/pleading for better PvP, new powers, marketplace upgrades, UI upgrade, Legends characters, Vault upgrades, subscription upgrades, and even an entirely new game. I'm sure if they meant to only take ideas that are in line with their (current) primary priorities then they would just deactivate the PvP section and ask that the only things people suggest are related to new DLC content or something related to time capsules, since those seem to be the priorities.

I excluded Kyle because I forgot about him. Yes, you commit to different organizations. What's your point here? They are committed to both. Just like how a player can be committed to different leagues.
  16. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Then have an alternate toon get invited to that league you are interested in. If the prospects are better then you can bring over your main toon and any others you desire.

And the points you're referring to are called prestige. It's the league wide currency.
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

"I might agree with you if this game was alt friendly. It is not." To elaborate, it would be more efficient to allow one character (i.e your "main") to join multiple leagues for flexibility. This allows you to not appear inactive in case you don't play on your alt much. In addition to this, you can also play on your preferred character with any league you like. This would be beneficial if two leagues have different times of peak activity but you want your main to enjoy both leagues. Also, trying to reach 101 PvP gear or high stats on an alt is not an easy undertaking, and that can be a requirement for different leagues.

"...you may want to experience what other leagues offer without leaving your current league. In GW2 I was in a PvP guild, a PvE guild, and a small guild simply for social purposes and some occasional world exploration. In ESO I am in a PvP/WvW guild, a small guild for my friend, a PvE guild, and a trading guild."

"Many leagues are incapable of successfully doing multiple things with high efficiency. For instance, when PvP was relevant and playable, it was preferable to join a PvP league that would accept you, but they weren't always coordinated when it came to PvE. Conversely, it was tough to find a PvE league capable of successfully running PvP. Some guilds also prefer to just be casual, social guilds. Some people, like myself, probably found two or more leagues really interesting but were restricted to just one. It would also be neat to be in a guild that is mostly active during the day and one thag is mostly active at night since it allows some flexibility and freedom in your schedule. You can play with people at anytime."

And thanks. Unfortunately I can't edit the OP to mention prestige.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's why you have to search for the league that suits your needs ir close to all your needs, and for the rest of your needs not met by a league theres always friends for that.

We dont need to tweak a system that's working just fine as it is.
  19. Monkeyboy Committed Player

This is just asking for trouble and not to mention it undercuts someone who builds a league. There's toxic people on this game and unless any alliances aren't "regulated" the drama would be spectacularly entertaining. There are plenty of Leagues that PVP and PVE. You want the convenience of anytime gameplay of your choice, that's why anyone can start a League. Start a league and build it, into what you want. What you're asking the developers to implement is beyond reasonable for this game and a waste of resources. Everything you asked for is possible:
    -Leagues have and do have alliances with other leagues and create custom channels.
    -there are global PVP channels
  20. Monkeyboy Committed Player

This game is very "alt-friendly". To elaborate:
    -Shared bank slots, to transfer almost anything
    -quick and streamlined gameplay, which leads to fast leveling
    -you should have the experience of content so only challenge is to learn new class
    -LFG and Que system work fairly well

The only bad thing is the grind of artifacts but what MMO is not a grind of something?