Have no fear, Spidey's here!...The Spiderman Homecoming Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Aug 22, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol, that is true. So far anything they have on these so called projects that I looked up are in pre concept but the rumours have been swirling around various comic book sites which have Sony fast tracking these projects which when I read about it, I thought it was April 1st because why would the Sony do that? Have they gone loco?
  2. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Amy Pascal former co-Head of Sony Pictures... But is still a Producer. Why?
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/sony-is-weirdly-questioning-spider-mans-mcu-future-afte-1793742647

Luckily, it's been revealed that Tom Holland 6 picture deal is still in effect with 3 solo movies and 3 appearances. So far he's done 1 solo movie (Homecoming) and 2 appearances (Civil War, Infinity War).
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...n-mcu-for-at-least-3-more-films/#8314d4112300
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I read that Forbes article alongside other articles about the supposed rumors but I pretty much concluded exactly what the writer in the article wrote because it would be potentially suicidal for Sony to even do that. Now, would Sony along the way try to renegotiate the terms to continue doing the Spidey movies with the MCU to get more money out of it? Yes. But to separate from what Marvel helped them do and upright split, I just kept thinking in my head the Robert Downey Tropic Thunder scene :rolleyes:
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Umm.....yeah...so it seems Sony has gone ahead with their plan because they announced that that they signed Tom Hardy to play Eddie Brock for the Venom movie that will be...wait for it...rated R.
    [IMG]
    So, far what is known, Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) will direct with a script from Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle) and Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower) with an Oct 5, 2018 release date.
    • Like x 2
  6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

More and more see of this, believe this is closer to the Spidey most would have grown up with (apart from having Stark make his suit, would have preferred if that was still all-Petey, or maybe, if they had to have someone else design the suit, Reed Richards)
    • Like x 1
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Anybody else annoyed with how needy and dependent they made Peter in this?

Spidey didn't need his hand held, he made his own good looking costume with gadget he made, he came to his own conclusion of what his purpose was and how he fit into the hero world.

The movie looks fun and entertaining but that's just going to bug me.
    • Like x 2
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Very true observation Ankh
  10. Magician Dedicated Player

I am looking forward to seeing The Vulture, cause I'm a big fan of Michael Keaton but...can we please stop with the Spiderman origin stories? Really. Do we need to retcon every time he comes on the screen?
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's tough for me to look at it as another origin story because from what was shown in Civil War, he'd been active on his own for a bit already and to me we'd be getting yet another retelling of Uncle Ben's death if it was another origin story.

I would be surprised if there isn't at least a mention of what happened to Uncle Ben or something like a quick flashback about it, but I'm not getting the impression so far that it's going to be a huge focal point like it was in other Spider-Man starter films (for lack of a better term).
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, it seems Marvel have finally learnt what DC and WB never will: people already know about the origins of Spidey, so they don't need to re-tell that part just because they got a new actor, and if people don't know, they can easily just go rent the two movies that already told it
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Here's a behind the scenes look to the upcoming Spidey movie
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    It seems in a recent interview, actor Tom Holland has confirmed what Supersoldier and I were discussing a while back; Spidey will have 2 more solo films after Homecoming alongside his support roles in other MCU films. Question now is does this include all the plans Sony has with their Spidey related projects?
    [IMG]
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sony said the venom movie will be completely separate and calling it the "venomverse." So no, unless Sony miraculously changes their mind, their projects will have nothing to do with the MCU.
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

There is only one way to solve that problem once and for all: Do not watch any Spider-Man related movie when Sony is the company that makes the buck. Do not go the cinema, do not buy the disc, do not watch it when on any pay-TV nor when it finally hits free TV (so the TV stations won't pay Sony since the adds don't make money for the TV stations). And tell your friends. And your family. Outright boycott Sony's Spider-Man until they know making movies with Spidey will just cost them money. Wait for the license to go back to Marvel, then start watching Spidey again, and then catch up on the missed movies. As long as the rights are at Sony, they can leave the MCU again whenever they want and take that extra shot of money-making movie-goers still thinking "it's the MCU!" with them.

But I thank Marvel Studios for trying that deal. If it turns out the way Sony wants it, this will be a great example that fan service is not in the best interest of the company trying it. 20 years later that bit advice may have finally reached the heads behind other licenses ruining their franchise for the sake of fan service :D
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

In an interview with Amy Pascal and Kevin Feige today, Amy confirmed that the Venom and Black Cat movies will exist in the MCU.

There was also a coy remark by Amy when asked if Tom Holland would be appearing in the movies, saying there's a chance.
    • Like x 2
  18. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

True but I think that's what the crux of the movie will actually be about. It's not so much that Stark has to tell him what to do, Parker already has an idea of what he needs to do... Stark is just over-protective. It's a basic coming of age story of a young adult trying to spread his wings and find his own independence. (no pun intended)
  19. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

That's great news, someone must have shown her the latest Box Office returns for Sony latest movie Rough Night.
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

So here's that interview and a reality check explanation video.