Have no fear, Spidey's here!...The Spiderman Homecoming Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Aug 22, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Definitely want to see this one, maybe not at the pictures, but when it comes on TV, one day (or YouTube)
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

TBH I was happy with the last two Spidermen actors. It feels like they are rebooting the franchise too often. Yet again this movie will be a retelling of Spiderman's origin story.

Yes, the new Spiderman was fantastic in the Civil War but that's not the point. The point is if this trend continues just when you begin to like the new actor he will be replaced by another and that is the disheartening part. It's not that I am afraid of change but take the current Ironman actor, he has played the role for awhile now and it has reinvigorated his career. Seeing a new Ironman in the next Avengers could lead to a disconnect.

The new game based loosely on this movie looks like it will be the prettiest console Spiderman game this far.

And with Insomniac developing it, I am alsmost %100 certain that it will be a really good Spiderman game. In a weird way I am more excited about the game.
  3. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

He's already Spider-man, so this isn't technically a Spider-man origin. I think we're seeing a Peter Parker origins. We are going to see what makes the person under the mask tick from young man to adulthood. Tom Holland has a 6 movie contract with Marvel Studios. Whether he will stick around remains to be seen, but they specifically chose a younger actor for that option.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's the same thing with Blat-man and Soupcan: they keep rebooting and re-telling their origins
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Marvel officially confirmed, several times after the saga, that Ben Rielly was the clone. Until they say otherwise, this is a fact.
    Also, he knew how to use them properly, but in order to use them you had to use the right version of web shooters (which is also explained in the MC2 universe, Spider-Girl actually gets them as weapons because the web shooters she used was based off of Rielly's designs.... although she also rarely used them after she got them), and for all we know Peter just went back to using his old one's because they were more "familiar".

Regular webbing, his powers, his wit :p
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ben was always the true Superior Spider-man, that's why they had to 'kill' him off
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, while Mr. Reilly did give us this look...

[IMG]

...which in turn led to this character...

[IMG]
    ...let's not forget that he started out with this look...

[IMG]

...so I'd question exactly how superior he might be given his initial fashion choice. :D
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That last look was the one was thinking of
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Here's the International Trailer for Spider-Man Homecoming (It has some extra scenes that weren't on the US trailer)
    • Like x 2
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Well the toys and merchandise for the movie have been revealed and it seems Iron Man will be donning another Iron Man mark suit
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Heh, it's the Reverse Scarlet Spider
    • Like x 1
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

Like the last reboot, I'm going to boycott the film until I actually see it. Chew on that for a bit.

And Spidey isn't the arachnid I most want to see on the big screen. Who might that be? I'll give you a hint: Spoooooonnnnn!
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I see that had to PC the crap out of it. I mean, yeah, Bokeem Woodbine really looks like a Herman Schultz. :rolleyes: I mean there are black Spiderman villains. Cardiac would have been great.
    • Like x 1
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here's the new trailer
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Cannot wait for this movie. Im a huge spidey fan and add a lot of iron man into it and idk how this cant be 1 of the best marvel movies yet. And i love what they did with vulture. Suit looks awesome. So glad marvel got involved with making this. Wish sony would just give the rights back.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is it just me who likes the home-made suit? Really harkens back to Scarlet Spider (minus the goggles)

Also may just be me, but it seems like Tony taking the suit back is to show Peter that the suit should be an accessory to his powers, not the source or crutch, did like the symbol being able to fly off like that, wonder what it actually does
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

In addition to the trailer, it seems Sony, seeing a big money maker, have opted in going ahead in 2 planned movie spinoffs. Namely a Venom and a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie. Now what's mind boggling is so far neither movie has no connection to Spiderman Homecoming nor has Marvel Studios been involved with the planned projects. And to boot, reports say Sony is jumping on the R rated bandwagon for the Venom movie mixing horror, action, and Sci fi :rolleyes: it seems the studio has not learned a thing.
    [IMG]
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Actually, can't imagine a decent Venom movie that wouldn't be R rated (emphasis on 'decent')
  20. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Robert Meyer Barnett of Collider brought up a good point, they should just concentrate on making a good story and not worry about the ratings, so unless they already have a script done it's a bit silly to make these announcements.