Has everyone stopped queuing?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OMNILEGION_EU, Aug 6, 2017.

1. TheDrone Well-Known Player

And now, you're done with at CR alts getting into Raids at all.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheDrone Well-Known Player

From personal experience and people I've grouped with, the answer is pretty clear.

Finish content? Duos, yes. Alerts, maybe. Raids, rarely.
    Feats? Duos, maybe. Alerts, rarely. Raids, almost never.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Where do you live? In the Midwest, most schools start after Labor Day which is the first Monday in September. September 4th, this year.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm terrified that when it finally goes back up all my characters will be caught in the wrong costumes.

i think it went down before this thread was posted but i think it was up long enough to already note the players bases rotating towards specific powers...

from what i'm experiencing in content is its really just the bosses health and/or defense that seems to be cranked up unusually high. add to this the homogenized burn that is the stats revamp and boss fights take much more time than they need to,

it may not be a queued instance but i wanted to see what the o and m bots were like myself. solo'd them on my top four characters today. two weeks ago and i didnt even need to use an AM roation to take these guys out. a top tier player could do it just with a few melle/ranged attacks. Took considerably longer today. the longest was with a "weak" mental loadout, my main had a loadout i'm starting to like which went faster, went fastest on both my nature toons and i play them both a little differently. still it took more time than i feel it should have. so i didn't go 123boom. i went 1234,2234,1232,4123 times about 60 times while using a few colers, sidekicks, suppy drops and orbitals. while my health got low a few times through it all at no point did i feel like i was going to get knocked out. it just took more time is all which brought about that whole TD/WM era of boredom.

i felt the same way fighting the Top. I've been soling CC bounties since our t4 days when it was actually a real challenge. i don't feel challenged. i'll take a little damage. he could knock me out if i stand there and do nothing after a little bit. but i also feel very nerfed taking him down. i dont need to be able to one shot him but it would have been more fun if we could actually see a little burst damage.

I'm getting this in the queued instances ive run. at least the ones that actually popped.

its not challenging. its boring to vet players , me anyway, and its too op for newbies.

makes people not queue.

shame it can't be something better.

who knows. maybe next two episodes gear is going to push our stats up high enough where things might feel more balanced but i doubt it and it still doesnt help new and low tiered players who cant get through any of this at all.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheDrone Well-Known Player

To be fair, LFG is off by default. The majority of low-level players don't even know it exists. I'd bet less than half the 200's have it turned on.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheDrone Well-Known Player

That seems doubtful. Religion is at an all-time low in Europe.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Holy crap..... queues are dead tonight.

And even LFG barely has any activity..... and half of it is gold spammers. :(
    • Like x 2
  8. TheDrone Well-Known Player

FoS3 is a bad example. It's one room. There's basically no trash mobs to kill. That's what's ballooning the time expenditure. The massive number of adds that take a lot longer to die are adding more time that the extra time spent on bosses.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDrone Well-Known Player

That's...um...amazing. 4 MoV are worth 30 minutes of your time? There are so many faster and easier ways to get 4 MoV. And really, why do you even need them at this point? I've been capped out on anything to spend them on since before AoJ. Now, if they'd actually update the Rare Styles Vendor...but, well...that's been ignored for over a year now.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I hate it. I can't believe ANYONE enjoys it.

Now that I've said that, I'm personally offended by their white-washing of history. Where's the Swastika? Where's the Imperial Eagle? Back in the 40's, there was no ambiguity to it. Comics at that time clearly portrayed the enemy as ****. Now, DC wants to create these alternate symbols to pretend that it was something else. And yet, they still have Captain ****...though he's not in DCUO. It's just bizarre. And that's another thing...why is Captain **** not part in AoJ? He perfectly fits in. Ugh. Now I'm upset. Who'd have thought you mentioning grinding SS would send me into a rage about historical white-washing.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I'll skip past all of it and say it was actually a good reason, BUT...it shouldn't have been a permanent change.

What should have happened is this:
    All content rewards MoV. All gear costs MoV.
    Amazon Fury 3 is released.
    Amazon Fury 3 uses Ancient coins and not MoV.
    Age of Justice is released. Age of Justice uses War Bonds. Ancient Coins become MoV. AF3 content now uses MoV.

In this scenario, each DLC uses its own currency while that DLC is the newest. When it is no longer the newest, it falls in line with the everything uses MoV concept. There is then no need for relevancy windows at all.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Agreed. All I really see in LFG lately is:
    Ultimate Soldier / Justice for All
    Grundy / Eclipso / GG / UH
    GOLD SELLERS

That's really it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

I did t5 alert and t4 operation yesteday with pugs, was fun!
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

You're probably right about that, I have a buddy who just discovered LFG last month while we were doing War-torn bounties.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

my 47 CR just did inner...the one where you save catwoman and do the consoles...I was 3rd DPS...behind a couple 100+..everyone helped...even the 100s guys were picking up..doing consoles...we were a team...I think we got the speed for time..yes the 100s made it easier but everyone did there part...the healer was barely CR but did enough very few pickups were needed..If you are at CR and can still be no3...(again the people who beat me were like near 150..I wasnt 50 CR yet) and still get things like speed feats nothing is impossible
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

germany has a lot to do with that actually...germany has laws how that era is portrayed...not for washing reasons...quite the opposite...they are worried that if a game came out N@zi...all the right wing rascists freaks would play it and glorify it...even if the game were designed so that N@zis were the "villains"...idiots would play to make the N@zis win...cause N@zis are glorious god inspired masters who...you get the nonsense...anyways...city of game had a N@zi themed villain group...in less than a year they changed everything about the group..from the name to the flunkies costumes...all to comply with german law so it could be played in europe...
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The items used to make mods use victory and theyre 5 each. Do you not craft or something?
  18. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Lol its always good to have a supply and its worth it if you already ran everything and loot locked from everything, plus I was proving a point you can still solo content. :) but good for you
  19. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Yeah, I understand the German law aspect of it, but it still doesn't explain a lot of things in DC comics. They use an alternate symbol instead of a swastika. They use words like Ratzi instead of ****. They don't portray the Imperial Eagle. But, they refer to Hitler and they have Captain **** who DOES wear a swastika. It just makes no sense. I mean really, did Captain **** belong to the Ratzi Party ? If he did, shouldn't he be Captain Ratzi? Ugh, DC. To be clear, my annoyance is more with the DC comic company than with the company running this game.

Marvel on the other hand has done none of that. The only white-washing they do is that they've pretty much made the Germans a pawn in the **** regime with groups like Hydra being the real culprits. They at least have consistency.
  20. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Well, it's fine with me if you want to waste your time. I don't expect many people will follow your example and look for longer ways to farm MoV. Most people look for shorter ways.

It's like telling people, "hey look...I live 10 miles from Pick'n'Save...I needed a loaf of bread...so I walked there and back". Sure, you can do that, but why would you? Very few people are gonna react like it's a reasonable method of getting a loaf of bread. They're gonna drive there or walk to the Walmart that's a quarter mile away.
    • Like x 1