harvest is buggy

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by xskateXX, Oct 25, 2014.

1. xskateXX Well-Known Player

i was in sm with a nature dps while im nature healing and using harvest instead of cross polination
    and it was rare but sometimes i actually stoled hes dots,
    is it meant to be like that or?
    • Like x 1
  2. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Harvest has been bugged for healing for as long as I can recall. I'd recommend using Cross Pollination instead, as it is a much safer bet and does not cancel out DPS powers. Harvest is the only power that is cancelled out by another Nature user, even if the other user is DPS. Fire has a similar issue with a power as well.
  3. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Sorcery started having the same problem recently.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

This should have been fixed during the Nature AM changes.

I don't think you stole his DoTs, I think his DoTs were cleansed by the NPC. When I was nature, there were some NPCs that somehow would just cleanse themselves. Bosses in TD come to mind.

Unless you are actually seeing the yellow DoT numbers become yours.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rammy Well-Known Player

I'm kinda confused on what bug the op means. I run with a nature healer as a nature dps all the time. He uses harvest when he sees me start using wm combos after I set up my dots and we both have dots running. My dots have never been overriden by his.
  6. Sytenia Committed Player

I noticed this too a few times last week where I was healing and spreading the poisons from a nature damager to other targets.
    Now normally this should only happen when those targets I spread it to do not already have poison from a damager on them so I guessed those were just new targets the damager hadn't poisoned yet, I was rather busy with keeping people alive so I didn't have much time anyway.

Now today while testing something with Harvest in damage role I noticed there is a problem which would also explain why I was spreading poison as a healer so often.
    Normally where there is poison on a target and I use Harvest on that target the poison spreads to upto 7 nearby other targets or if they are already poisoned it resets the timer so the poison ticks for another 11 ticks. This is what I believe is intended and how it used to work.

I noticed today however that my poison is not spread to nearby other targets that are already poisoned or well the timer on them is not being reset even if that is my own poison and I am in damage role.

So for example there are two targets, I infect one with poison and use Harvest so it spreads to the other target and resets or refeshes whatever you want to call it on the first target. Both targets will now recieve 11 ticks of however many stacks of poison I put on them. Now if lets say after 5 ticks I use Harvest again on the first target, the poison resets on that target but not on the other one, so the first target gets another 11 ticks but the second target only takes the remaining 6 from the first Harvest.

I don't think it is intended to work like this and it could explain why we were seeing poison being spread from damagers this often, it is because theirs just runs out on their secondary targets. If you see this happening as a healer I wouldn't worry about it because you are actually helping the damager with keeping their poisons alive but they can't see that happening so it is up to them make use of it.

Please restore this to how it used work, or atleast I think it did or define what the intended behaviour is.
    If you want I can come with some example situations that make the current behaviour cause a lot of trouble.