Hard Light's new AM - attention Tunso

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jamie, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Jamie New Player

Tunso - can you give us an estimate at when the work in progress thread for HL's new AM will be opened up? Can you tell us what you are open to changing? Are things like new combos, an infinite ranged combo, or new powers options that might be able to be changed? If the new AM goes well I will even re-sub just to experience it in the content I haven't bought. Thank you
    • Like x 2
  2. Biester New Player

No other powerset had a wip thread except hl and you think it will receive another one? There are still a few powersets that haven't received an am yet without an announcement as to when so I doubt another revamp of a revamp of hl is the #1 priority for the devs atm. Not trying to be rude but does it really matter when hl receives another revamp? No matter what they do to the powerset you will still be spamming wm more than your newly revamped powers.

The real question is when will they revamp wm because that **** has gotten about as dull and boring as combat mechanics can get. Can we go back a year and just erase all the bs that has happened this year to how we battle in DCUO? The goal was to achieve balance but any fool can see that if you remove wm from the equation then powersets are still as unbalanced as ever before. What a turn for the worse the devs have taken this game that I used to love.
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Mental,ice, and quantum should receive their awesome mechanic before HL gets a second one.
    • Like x 7
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I have to agree with this but know they're still doing these tweaks to HL... It's actually starting to get old IMO how much attention they have given to the HL players and their AM and all their changes but we still don't even have the AM's out for all the power sets yet... I honestly don't think there's enough they could do that would quiet down the old school HL users anyway at this point....
    • Like x 9
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I think they should quit making the changes and finish the other AM powers and then make the final change to HL in one update.
    • Like x 1
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I agree, but they tweaked a few things last GU for HL with the promise they would try some new direction with it upcoming.... I swear they spend soo much time on HL it just gets frustrating for those of us waiting for our first go around still.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Preach
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats because they have to support it because of the the DLC saga they are making.. thats why Earth and fire dont really get fixed correctly there isnt as much money in it like there is for the lanterns
  9. ChuckLess New Player

What is it about HL players? It's never ending with them.
    • Like x 3
  10. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

In all fairness, When changes to HL were announced with the last game update (I think it was the last one) it was widely unpopular (I know, call in the press. NEWSFLASH right there. :p ) and the devs said they were considering other options suggested, but it would be in a later date. Still a little patience would NOT hurt the HL community.
    • Like x 3
  11. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

The HL PUGs that I have ran Necro, Arti, and Alerts with have had no problem keeping up with damage. Sure, they aren't sorc, gadgets or ice but they have been able to keep up with my nerfed rage. Rage is no longer even close to OP. Pre Zerk nerf I could keep up with good sorc players. Now that 5 scsecond makes a huge diff Iin raids and even longer alerts.

So I really don't get all these HL needs fix/is dead threads.
    • Like x 4
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

• Like x 2
  13. Dylan Top5 New Player

Hopefully they don't nerf anything with this new AM... Our power back mechanic doubled the cooldown on all our moves.

Seems like everytime they try to improve HL, they make it worse :(
    • Like x 1
  14. ChuckLess New Player

I've never seen that before! Ah, music videos... those were the days...

Thanks! :D

Edit: No one ever comes into my office! Some one just came in and gave me the oddest look. The one time I actually play an internet vid (which I never do at work) and it has to be this?!

LOL! At least it wasn't **** :p
  15. Dylan Top5 New Player

Do you really think HL players want an update every 3 months? No, but we want our power to perform at a decent level. Heck, they couldn't even fix the cone on fan or update our power descriptions

HL players have been ignored since day one of the w.i.p, there were just a few reasonable requests and nothing was done. HL is underperforming, devs know this and the majority of players know this.

I know it can be frustrating waiting for a first revamp, my Ice, Mental and quantum toons are unplayable because I refuse to spam WM. But, if the devs did a good job during the first revamp, there would be no issue.
    • Like x 2
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

During the first WiP for the HL revamp it was basically a bunch of people complaining that they were no longer able to be jackrabbits on crack with their toons from what I could tell. I never saw Spytle make a video of him playing a fire toon and getting mocked by the fire community because he wasn't hoping around like a spaz.

They have updated HL numerous times already and keep doing it and changing it while other powers are still likely months away from receiving theirs. I get that HL isn't perfect, but you hear the same issues from other powers who have also received their AM's already. I hear it consistently with Fire for example, I don't see any posts from Tunso about them revamping Fire yet again...

I'm not saying HL doesn't have issues, I trust that many of the people on here who have been playing HL since the beginning when they talk about it, but there has to be a point when you have to let the AM's for the other powers come out and work on HL later.
    • Like x 4
  17. Dylan Top5 New Player

A reliable AOE would be a good start
  18. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Um, no. You're just assuming that we will react that way no matter what. HL players reacted the way they did because the revamps have never given what has been asked for or wanted. In the WIP thread Tunso discussed with the HL community and they agreed that they wanted a way to do damage that can keep up using only combos and not WM. He agreed that he would work on it so if all goes well, HL will have it's various options to DPS (WM, WM+AM, AM) and I doubt there will be people complaining like you described. And if so, it will probably only be a very small number of babies.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I hope you are right. And it should be like that for Every power
    Ice Quantum and Mental cannot afford to be held hostage. (Not a shot to anyone just sayin)
  20. Green Lantern New Player

If they'd get our powerset right for the first time EVER we wouldn't have to complain. It came out of the box broken, it was broken after the "tweak" a few months back and it's still broken.
    • Like x 3