Hard Light Combos

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mbrewer77, Oct 11, 2020.

1. mbrewer77 Active Player

I'm having trouble getting the timing for these, or something else is wrong. I can do railgun>ram and the claws combos. When I tap melee, hold melee, or tap range after anything else, my toon just does weapon attacks. Any advice? Does level matter?
  2. Berza Committed Player

Level matters, because you need to be at certain level to unlock each power, and you need to have a power unlocked to combo into it. So until level 16 you can't combo minigun into whip thrash, and you need level 21 to combo minigun into snap trap.
    • Like x 2
  3. mbrewer77 Active Player

Ah, right. Thanks. I completely forgot about that. It's been too long since I've played this game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mystyfy Level 30

I really don't think level has anything to do with it, I just leveled up a Celestial toon and I could do a combo as soon as I unlocked the initial power. I'm pretty sure the same goes for HL. It could be timing, and you need to almost try to clip the power with the combo. If you wait too long it won't register, so try interrupting it if that makes sense. It should be combo'd right before a power is about to end, so a few seconds in to light blast you'd tap melee or hold range for example.
  5. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

level does have to do with it. you cannot use a power from a combo list IF that power has not been unlocked yet.
    you will be able to do combos that are not part of locked combos, like the Celestial powerset, which allows for certain combos that are not locked like hard Light.
    • Like x 1