Hard light combos NOT properly executing.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by OMAAR, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop New Player

PC here and can vouch for the problem.

Not sure the window is the problem OMAAR, it isn't that hard to activate the construct. You'd have to wait for the Power animation to finish and then activate a combo for the weapon to occur, instead of activating the combo as the Power Animation is in effect for the Construct.

The latter, for me, is where the bug occurs - the weapon combo that is the same activation sequence as the construct (Right click for Fan after ST, activates Grenade Launcher for e.g) replaces the construct.

There is no method in this game, that I am aware of, that can activate a weapon combo so quickly after a HL Power - whilst having the construct unlocked for that combo (See Grenade Launcher over Fan above).

Bishop
  2. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Hmm, the only time I seem to experience this problem is immediately trying to clip after using Wirrling Dervish. Ill pay more attention but can't recall a time where it happened under any other circumstances.
  3. OMAAR New Player

It's very apparent at this rotation:
    Claw-HC-tap triangle for Ram, instead of going for ram I get a ranged weapon attack.
    • Like x 3
  4. Alan Scott New Player

I've always had that bug before, when there is a lot of graphics going on on the screen and when the game seems twitchy (I don't the real word for English, in French it is "saccadé")
  5. OMAAR New Player

I 100% agree with you.
    It's funny that combo I can do with my eyes closed repeatedly malfunctions from time to time. I thought I was getting a hard case of noobivitis.
    • Like x 3
  6. Nem El New Player

I am also getting this problem as well.
  7. Firered New Player

I have been getting this problem as well as full animation clips. What I mean is if I clip my power at the wrong time (like 1/4 of a second too early or too late) I get the full animation of the move I tried to clip, then it goes into the move I tried to clip with. Example performing the FFF before the whips come out I clip it with snap trap simple. Now at random it will give me the long *** whip animation, then a pause, then my snap trap. I usually chunk this up as lag, but I wondered if anyone else encountered this.
    • Like x 1
  8. Foxe Well-Known Player

It's not lag or bad timing. I noticed this yesterday after downloading the update.

It only seems to be an issue in certain combat situations. Ran Inner alert and Ops 2 last night and at certain points claw>HC>ram was replacing ram with my MA ranged tap attack. Between combat I repeated the combo over and over with no problems. Seems to be when there is a large group of adds, the combo also worked perfectly in my base.

Really annoying, to the point I stopped with the combo all together if there were large groups.

Worked fine on bosses though so definitely seems to be a glitch/problem.
  9. John New Player

No It Comes from clipping

when using tap range ram snap trap fan tap range grasping hand clip range fan it would add an extra tap range from clipping

So please don't fix this
  10. DontDeleteMail New Player

That's not true... I hardly ever use that combo and it happens at the start of the combo regardless what came before it. Besides I think your referring to to the double triangle tap part of the ram to fan combo. Which has nothing at all to do with this issue. Go back to your coloring book son.
  11. OMAAR New Player

Your a noob. It comes from chaining the third construct without clipping. If your but-hurt about a HL beating you at dps go somewhere else.
    • Like x 1
  12. Delta795 New Player

You have no clue what you are talking about do you? Either that or like Omarr said you're ******** from something...
    It's the 3rd construct of a combo that this is happening on.
    Go home troll, your rock is calling
  13. TurquoiseShadow Level 30

This happens to me everytime after claw-hold claw. I wanna do claw, hold claw, ram, but instead it does weapons' ranged attack. Please look into this devs
  14. Ray New Player

This was a Fix.... my guess is because Claw> hold claw was not blockable.... any weapon tap> hold can be blocked.

Amon Sur< legend(spelling) had the same issue.... IMO this is a "fix" and was intended.

spin chop was nerfed because it was a Tap Tap hold that hit 1700-2000....... claw > hold claw use to hit harder then that yet it was a tap> hold.

Also before a HL player could Claw> hold claw> ram>Snap> fan.... over & over and not get blocked or lunged.
  15. OMAAR New Player

Why does everyone keep on insisting this is meant?

Use Claw-Holdclaw-ram-WhipThrash ( chaining not clipping ) and it works perfectly. Use it in a raid where a outof things are going on and you'll see that sometimes the ram terminates with a ranged weapon attack and sometimes it doesn't.
    This is NOT what you call a fix.
  16. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Two things first off yes Hold claw is blockable as is almost everything in the HL arsenal. HL has a harder time against a competent PVPer then any other class because of this.

Secondly this issue only occurs in areas of high traffic like the gates starting room and hallway. I can sit and spam my combo all day in solos, duos, alerts, and on test dummies, but in raid or dueling in the hall every 3rd construct registers a weapon attack. Example claws tap square 3 times will go claw, claw, weapon. Claws hold claws ram will go claws hold claws tap triangle.
  17. Manny254 New Player

What he said, and I have had this happen in the inner alert
  18. John New Player

I am joking you cant tell when someone is joking LMAO
  19. WorldsDown New Player

No problem at all... upvoted.
    • Like x 1
  20. spedog Active Player

I had just noticed this the last few days as well and assumed it was lag but NOTHING I did, including re-log, fixed it. Upvoted here as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.