Hard light combos NOT properly executing.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by OMAAR, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zpred Dedicated Player

Yea I've noticed fff seems very fragile atm, il get the same thing, either whips will play the full animation and it fan will be in affective on this combo, doesn't happen all the time but like zim said its enough to mess things up badly.
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Same thing happens with me

What should be: Ram-whip thrash clipped with power snaptrap-fan
    Turns into: Ram-Whip thrash clipped with snaptrap-tap ranged

Really frustrating
  3. villian O5 New Player

Please get this fixed. For a weak after update28 i think it was working pretty good. Bring that back!
  4. Bishop New Player

Can you double check this for me? I.e that the override occurirng is definitely ranged tap and not melee tap?

The bug, at least this particular one, for me is that Ram-WT clip ST-Fan replaces Fan with a melee tap which makes no input sense when I am pushing range tap. I have done quite a lot of testing for this but honestly I think this is way back of the queue for fixes...

Shame for my Light guy too.

Bishop
  5. FeelsGood New Player

Snaptrap to Fan is broken for sure.

It just doesn't have the responsiveness as the other combos. The window to input the command appears to be very short unlike the rest of HL moves
  6. MuTeDx Committed Player

until this is fixed i have switched to Nature ... hopefully the animations will get a good tweak soon
  7. Joybird Committed Player

I've noticed a similar problem can occur with Celestial, too. Attacks can happen instead of combos.

There's something wrong in general. Attacks simply shouldn't be replacing combos, but they are.
  8. Absolushan New Player

I came back to this game for one reason, and one reason only. Celestial. Being able to manipulate light or darkness in a manner to heal or kill, held a certain pizzazz for me. Since my brief return, I have rolled a celestial/hb healer, and picked up on the "combo" system like clock work. So, after a few days play, I have gained 22 levels, and loved every single minute of playing the toon... until... last night. I was reviewing my then current loadout, and decided to opt in for some more mandatory "heal" sets. After I purchased my power/skill reset, NONE, I mean NONE, absolutely ZERO, of my powers will combo. The animations don't even look the same. Has anyone else experienced this happening, or does anyone know a fix for this?
  9. Absolushan New Player

I.E. My posted reply right after yours Joybird. I was fine until; I reset my skills/powers. Now all I get are attacks instead of my combos. Kind of disheartening.
  10. Whiteroom New Player

I found this really bad today, WT was not clipping very much at all for me on the AAA combo. Seemed especially bad in Gates.
  11. Whiteroom New Player

Is anyone else finding the timing off in Gates? I ran it again yesterday and it seemed like I had to wait longer to execute combos. There was another HL DPS in there and he said the same.
  12. Vyltran Loyal Player

I havent seen this problem so far, i will check in a moment and get a feedback.. i use Celestial...
  13. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

As far as HL goes....ever since shortly before SOT release....we got nerfed....combos do not flow smooth any more and clipping has been slowed as well......but only in closed instances...in open world I can chain combo's flawlessly.....get into an instance though and all timing has to be slowed down........considerably just in order to get it off.....HL clipping was intentionally slowed down before Celestial's release.....it's no coincidence....it's part of the cash grab mentality that is ruling and ruining the game.

I put up with them nuking Fire and retired my fire DPS toon....if they keep f'n up powersets to sell respec tokens.....do they really think players will stay?

We are not morons SOE we see what your doing.
    • Like x 1
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

hmm I just thought I sucked at HL when power.snap/fan - power.snap/fan didn't work
  15. Anarcho-Captain New Player

So THAT'S why my Fire toon seems so different! Back when I made the character, it was a lot of fun, now I'm like "why was this so much fun? This isn't as good as I remember it being." Granted, I was DPSing and now I usually use Tank role, but still.
  16. MrBlazEakaJB New Player

The only thing I can say that is quite annoying sometimes is that the Fan doesn't do damage once in a while. I'm not talking about if the guy is up on a hill or the stairs either. I get that the Fan is a cone move but sometimes when I use it after snaptrap (comboing into it) it will not hit for any damage, even if the guy/mobs is right in front of me. Anyone else notice this? I know this has been brought up in the past, but they have never fixed it.
  17. Jayross Well-Known Player

i dont usually get this problem with just using snap fan but if i try to do whip and clip my whips often times my whips wont clips. ( even with full power) i wasnt sure if it was an issue or i was pressing buttons wrong ike a ninny until i saw this thread
  18. The God New Player

It's the same for fan>tap right/ snap>fan>hold right(for 1h or dw.) Fan after snaptrap doesn't work, so I'm doing stupid snap>tap right and losing A LOT of damage.
  19. aspernator New Player

I'm new to HL and I've never had any issue with Claw -> Ram. The problem I have is with Hold Claw -> Ram which seems to have a very short window for the ranged input. I find that tapping right click several times helps and by now I get it right most of the time. However I sometimes still execute Hold Claw -> ranged attack if there's moderate lag. (I also tend to mess up Snaptrap -> Fan, but I haven't been using it for long so maybe I just need practice)
    I experienced a similar issues with several weapon combos: the follow up for bow's melee launcher and some of the magnum round combos for pistols. All of them require a right hold after a left hold. I haven't read all the pages, but it seems at a glimpse that HC -> Ram is the most common issue, and that's a right click after a left hold. Could the problem be the short input window after the left hold?
  20. Invictus2112 New Player

Another for fan acting weird, at least when comboed into from snap trap. Range, AoE, and height are all problematic, and sometimes it just doesn't work... because.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.