Hard light Changes........

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Agent Flores, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Agent Flores Committed Player

So at some point Hard light will get some improvements made to it but I was wondering if people would like to see Hard light as a Might power based instead of precision based with the combos? For some reason I personally feel that this type of change will benefit it in a way that people do not need to spec precision for stronger combo attacks. Atomic is might based with the combos and I really do like it. So what do you guys think? Yay or Nay? Please keep the comments constructive. All opinions matter. :p
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No..

HL has been prec since day 1.

Leave it that way, and just increase the damage output
    • Like x 3
  3. Delta796th Loyal Player

Precision or Might I don't care...
    Just make.it a viable DPS again
    • Like x 1
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

It would do more damage for the simple fact that gear gives twice as much might now than it used to, but that would be the easy way out, devs need to be responsible and fix their mistake with the power, it isn't just about might or precision, it's about the fact that it's behind all other powers, even Rage considering both are Light powers.
  5. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

HL being a combo power linked to precision just makes more sense. Before I lost faith and gave up on it I really enjoyed the fact that if you were knocked outta a HL combo or somehow ran outta power you could dive into WM combos without worrying about it dealing less dmg. Ofc that was mainly due to HL being so atrociously underpowered that it was on par with WM. Which ofc is also ironic considering that was the initial point of WM in the 1st place, to be an alternative equal choice to powers, which begs the question as to why "certain" powers were ridiculously stronger in the first place. Round and round the questions go.

I'll be returning to HL if its fixed, but im also a realist, and realistically its probably THE most unique power in DCUO at this stage which means it'll be by far the Hardest to balance. Unless its changed into another 1234 clone.

But yeah, keep it precision.
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

Hl has so much versatility id cry if it be ame another 1,2,3,4 power. Cant wait till its adjusted
  7. Malachyte Devoted Player

Hardlight should be changed to Might and never should have been precision in the first place. There is absolutely nothing precision about Hardlight in DC Lore save for the ring blast the Lanterns use as a "weapon" ring attack.

Construct attacks should be might based as Green Lanterns and Sinestro Corps don't string together light constructs in combo fashion and use them to precision attack their opponents in battle as it requires intense concentration to keep them going.

As said earlier, the only precision based attack the Lanterns use is the ring blasts, but I'm sure this will never happen
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

The Precision to Might ratio from gear is actually pretty even. You just need to remember that weapon Dps also affects things like HL combos just as much as actual Precision.

They would have to redesign how damage is calculated too as Precision-based damage uses you weapon Dps, which Precision increases, in relation to the animation time, and MIght-based damage uses a base value multiplied by a percentage based on your Might.

Long story short, even if they did do that, which I expect they won't, it wouldn't increase damage at all.
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Yeah dont worry I wasnt suggesting it should be turned into one, its current mechanic is what makes it truly unique. I was merely pointing out that the thing that makes it unique also means its probably harder to balance, as theres no other power to base it on. With HL they basically gotta start from scratch to get it right, which is probably why its being left till almost last. Most likely theyve been working on it whilst working on all the others.
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I'm gonna say no because I have all precision vii's in my gear. I don't want to have to remod. That would waste a lot of mine and many others time.
  11. Saybro Committed Player

They just need to revamp the scaling of precision. Might hits harder and scales throughout content a lot better than precision. I've always liked having precision, but it does no benefit when there is no different between 5000 prec and 6000 prec. Either revamp it or get rid of it all together and make everything might.
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

A year ago players had options. WM or AM....

Move forward and now it is all AM and currently not all AMs are created equal, because of initial combat damage.

Also, since GU45, it seems like every time there is an update to a power, damage output is also updated and a bit more is squeezed out.

GU50 was the biggest power update let down in this game I have seen.
    • Like x 1
  13. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Thats exactly what I meant. When HL got its initial "Buff" it was actually done correctly. HL combos were on par dmg-wise to WM and it looked awesome. The problem occured when powers that were already hitting harder than WM were buffed more, and other powers that were hitting less were brought up to the others levels too. Its strange to me that they got it so right with HL and then somehow messed it up by Buffing instead of Nerfing. The most frustrating part ofc was the solution wasnt to revisit the mistaken buff, but increase Bosses health pool so that hopefully nobody would notice. But ofc HL players would, and did.
    • Like x 1
  14. spedog Active Player

The biggest problem with GU 50 was that the DEVS knew there was a problem, admitted it, and then DID NOTHING. Mistakes happen, we are all human but the fact they then did nothing to correct while moving on to other powers just disrespected the players that still stick with this powerset, particularly those who were submitting testing info and videos in good faith that were just ignored because they were not "in their preferred format".
  15. AllanPage Committed Player

HL is ok right now, I don't like the idea of might based hl, they just need to increase damage and bring it at par with other powersets in PvE.
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I remember AF I and HoP I when the health of the bosses where high. I got the speed feat for Necro before they nerfed the health bars.

That was a fun run with everyone spamming powers and WM and killing things and Nature and HL being equal in damage but OP, Gadgets was strong as well, Electric, etc...The only power that really stun was FIRE but using WM it was just like all the others.

When Munitions launched and prior to GU47 I tested WM vs AM.

WM did 75% of the damage of the AM.

WM today for my Gadgets DPS does...less 50% of the damage...

In one year we went from WM Damage = AM to WM Damage is < 50% of the damage of AM.

If the developers want to buff anything, buff weapon damage. Make WM a usable DPS again. PLEASE!
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

They need to get rid of the build up time for the AM Combo Damage boost for HL and do the same to munitions for Bullet Frenzy.

HL should get a precision buff equal to what Inspiration provides, above and beyond the AM combo damage buff and neck precision buff when combo number hits 10 and last until 20 hits, than it takes 10 more and last for 10 more. This would be equal to the buff that other powers get apply during their rotation. Here is the cool thing, not only does it buff OUR PRECISION but the groups and critical chance.

Meaning we are apply Inspiration when we keep our combo up. These two small changes would make HL more competitive along with the damage adjustments need to abilities.

I would also recommend making Grasping and Snap Trap a 2-4 target ability; instead of the one target it is today when using the AM. Other wise when used from the tray it targets only one enemy.
    • Like x 2
  18. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Yes ! HL should be might !! And if it's might it will fix a lot of problems wer having now , I agree and devs need to think about it
  19. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

And it can be done as a simple as hot fix but maybe devs have more plans ? Either way I can't wait !
  20. Gwalir Loyal Player

Personally, I hope Light never becomes Might-based. After all, it is the original Precision-based powerset.

Also, I always found it fitting how its combo moves are just like weapon attacks. They cost no Power to use, though the initial Might part does, and do Precision damage. Some of them even summon different weapons as well, like miniguns and chainsaws, so those being Precision make sense as well.
    • Like x 1