Happy, Hippolyta making me mad, argh

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liongale, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Liongale Dedicated Player

I finally got the last combination I need for that silly feat, and the Harpy refused to stay in the healing crystals. I brought two, and it fled the crystal aura, getting killed at the end. I could have done it with one if it would stay bloody still!...

Having to rely on bad AI for a feat makes me want to go Red Lantern, argh. That Challenge is way too long to make it to the end to get the right combo for attempt something outside your control T_T

...let's not do anything like this ever again, okay? Whew. I gotta rant about that. Frustration went through the roof.

Suggestion for improvement: Make the Harpy or Cyclops follow or stay close to the player.
    • Like x 8
  2. Mad9 New Player

This is one painful feat I have abandoned until I complete the rest of the feats in the game.
    • Like x 7
  3. winter13 New Player

I got the 2# harpy ones done fairly easily, but for dome reason I can't save the cyclops. He just stands there and takes it on the chin. I'm getting this fear done this week come hell of high water :mad:
    • Like x 1
  4. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I abandoned it as well. Too many others to go for than wasting my time with this one.
    • Like x 3
  5. Liongale Dedicated Player

The only reason I got the cyclops vs warrior done was when he did his first knockaway that took off half the cyclops' health. He was like "wuh?" And stood there and did nothing the entire fight, not going back after the warrior and surviving.

Go fig!
    • Like x 2
  6. MetalMario Loyal Player

This feat is not out of your control. Some tips:
    1. Start the boss fight with full health for your ally.
    2. Keep rotating around the boss if your ally gets in the way.
    3. Keep your pets out for damage splitting and targeting.
    4. The healing crystal is hit or miss, but it can help. Break it directly on the ally so it gets at least a few tics and don't wait until it's almost dead.
    5. Keep the boss moving.
    • Like x 3
  7. Liongale Dedicated Player

I do all those things, the problem was my harpy was just wandering around, away from the boss, away from the crystal I just smashed at it's feet, and not even attacking. It was pretty much killed in two hits because it was hit by the Archer's arrow storm which takes off half it's health. If I could have even gotten the harpy to stay in one of the two crystals, it might have lived.

And then there was the cyclops who after being hit, like i mentioned before, froze for the rest of the fight and did nothing (but survived because of it).

I just got the feat a few minutes ago because my Harpy reacted properly. At least it had featherbrains instead of nobrains.

Oh also in the same instance I just found out if you stun the mid-boss who tosses the greek fire at you, knock her off her feet as she's trying to toss it to you, she will also do nothing for the rest of the fight.
  8. X-zero Loyal Player

Finally saw the last combination I needed yesterday after about 14 tries of not seeing that combination and one bad judgment call caused me to fail and it died. Really wish that place had tells earlier in the leveling telling which combo you would get.
  9. MetalMario Loyal Player

Don't let the boss face your ally or that can happen. Try jumping too, which seems to help a bit for some reason. I should have listed counter mechanics too, but you probably know to do that already.
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

11. HiggletyPigglety New Player

I break it on the boss. That way when my ally (inevitably) lunges the boss, it gets healed. Moving in a circle so the boss always faces me, I can kinda keep the boss in the same place, too, so my ally will continue to be healed.
  12. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

I was over thinking the feat when I first came back and assumed it would be really hard, there is a way to make it super cheesy and really easy to beat because in general the NPC AI is pretty dumb.
    a) Whichever ally combo you have pop a healing crystal just before the Statue comes out so that it gets to full health
    b) if you need a Archer combo then its easymode! just max range the statue with Solar Flame etc and the Darling Archer will never lunge you and for the most part the ally is behind the Archer and not hit by his frontal conic aoe attacks and you just keep going ranging and emptying your bar to kill him.
    c) if its the Darling Warrior you need its slightly more annoying because he will lunge you frequently but thats ok because if you are still max range he will be the farthest away from your ally at the point. If you get lunged or if you see him about to do it just block or have your breakout trinket handy and just roll away back to max range and keep doing it. The Warrior takes a bit longer because of the lunges but is still really safe.

I was 4 for 4 and never had an ally die just by ranging, think it took like 10 attempts just to have all 4 combinations and not duplicates but was really stress free. Is it cheesy? yea but who cares its a Iconic Legends feat.
    • Like x 1
  13. Cable Committed Player

I'm still working on this feat but I've gotten all the combinations against melee oriented statues. The strat I used to get those was I basically just flew up as high as possible and spammed ranged weapon attacks and powers while moving around. Try keep the boss moving anytime they put that circular AOE earth-looking dot down as it will do pretty big damage to your ally. I had gotten both the melee versions for harpy and cyclops by doing this and that was before I had known you could bring a second orange crystal in to this fight. For the bow I'm still working on it but I think the opposite may be better, so I'm going to try and stay close range to the boss and use healing crystals at close range, as there's not really an escape from that arrow move the statue does.
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

There are just some feats I could care less about. This, being one. I don't need 180+ SP to be amazing, I do that now. ;)
    The other annoying feat....the 19 demons in SoT. I'll get it some day, but I won't lose sleep.
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Good to know! Thanks :)
  16. realTREDD New Player

it really isnt that difficult just takes planning i farmed the entire feat within a couple days of release and know others who got it the first day it was avalible.
  17. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I'm going to try these strategies, because I have not had any luck with this feat yet.
  18. Lazarux New Player

You can now farm the 19 demons feat. Don't bother with getting the mission, as it doesn't matter. Go to envys area, kill the 2 trash by a portal, stand in the portal and hold circle. No symbol pops up but you can still interrupt the ritual. You won't get a demon every time, but I farmed this one from 0 to done in an hour. If you are well geared you can cycle the 5 portals constantly to increase your odds.

Enjoy the 25 feat points!
    • Like x 4
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

If this is true.....I could hug you :p
    • Like x 2
  20. Lazarux New Player

I've done it on ps3 for 3 toons and a dozen league mates toons. I don't know about PC though, so please post here and let me know.

To the OP and others here, thank you for posting straits for H,H...very helpful to have them in 1 location and I for one appreciate it.
    • Like x 1