Handling Rude Players?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Sep 19, 2021.

1. BumblingB I got better.

No need to incriminate yourself.

I am a supervisor and all harassment, even in "jest" is harassment and not tolerated. You signed a TOS, you are to be held accountable to your actions, including if you like to have "fun". Don't be surprised that the person you are having "fun" with (or someone who sees you having "fun" with) reports you for that "fun".
    • Like x 2
  2. MrWood Well-Known Player

Yerp, that and being stuck at 338 for the last 4 months was a dead ringer to. A player that doesn't play the game wants to lecture players that actually play said game. Cookoo
    • Like x 1
  3. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Highly advise against anyone ever doing this. All the does is escalate things and open up the possibility of crossing a line yourself as things snowball out of control. No need to place yourself and your account in harms way because you felt the need to show how "tough" you are.
    • Like x 7
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It does make perfect sense. If you tell me what you're having trouble understanding, I can explain it better to you.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Again, there is zero tolerance for that "fun". There is no taking it too far, it's not allowed, period.

I'm not a GM, I'm not trying to police you, but don't misunderstand, your actions are accountable by you and if someone reports your "fun", don't be surprised why action was taken against you.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You mean when she raged at me for supposedly getting her banned on the forums, because she didn't do that on her own lol... The reason I don't respond to these types of things in game is because they're a waste of keyboard wear and tear.

In any case I did just offer to take 20bil to stop snitching, you could be a gentleman and save her ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

When I was a kid a couple guys stole my bike and threw it on top of a backstop because I was trash talking them during a street hockey game. There were no forum threads to assess the situation and determine a course of action. I wonder, if all those years ago the internet could have solved the problem, had it been invented.

It's words in text window or a microphone you can mute - get over it.
  8. MrWood Well-Known Player

Some people don't understand that you can have chats separated in different tabs. I use LFG and Trade but I never look in them. I send the offer "WTS Sparking Arua pst" and never open it up lol. If you aren't looking for something then there is no reason to have the chats active. I don't know, I guess that is a hard concept to grasp.

You can't bully anyone in this game. Demon doesn't realize that he gets baited and is talking to nobody lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  10. MrWood Well-Known Player

Literally the same thing can be said about any response to this topic lol.

Just mute and get over it
    Report and get over it
    Dont report and get over it.
    Dont like the report? Get over it.
    Get over it and Get over it.

Thank you Edward Witten.
  11. MrWood Well-Known Player

This mans is really trying to hype himself up after taking all those Ls. hahahahha
    • Like x 2
  12. MrWood Well-Known Player

[quote="TheRealDemon, post: 4442958, member: 404381"
    See this is what I mean by having fun like it was a serious topic about taking the vaccine. I turned it into something funny by saying it had me feeling like Killer Croc lmao. Well other toxic things were said, but the point is sometimes it takes a little ignorance and toxicness to brighten up everyone's day. You can make the argument that without trade chat the game's population would a lot less since it's our global chat. We're almost like a giant family that's what I like doing logging in having fun, making people laugh, being a little toxic, running content, and yeah just overall have a great time. Sometimes it takes being toxic to have a good time.[/quote]

You wanna tell other ppl to not report, but you're keeping receipts....... Get outta here kid hahaha.
    • Like x 1
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

No, Thank-you Lloyd Christmas
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well..

You are wrong.

The population will not decrease; rather, the game population will slowly shift into being more mindful of their manners and behavior. If enough people reported toxic behavior then the toxic players will either try to change their ways or will leave the game. I have never played an MMO where reporting toxic players had negative effects. Rather, when the game population IS toxic in general and treats other players as they want to, the game population becomes "sterile", as in only a certain type of players will play that game and then the game population suffers.

This game will not suffer if a few players with "questionable" behavior leave the game because of being reported a few times.
    • Like x 2
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Imagine responding to the temper tantrum with your own immature crybaby crap?
    I get it, i do but someone a ct should not be at risk because of your (or anyone elses) fragile little feels.
    You want people to be mature and act like an adult….. well, my toddler tattles to mommy on her big sis constantly and so does my 6yo.
    Both by your definition are acting as adults? No, they are acting like fragile little children that dont yet know how to handle conflict smfh.
    We have an ig ore feature for players like this. Rude comments do NOT hurt you good lord. Toughen up, act like adults.
    You aint high an mighty, and your lucky im not on the other end of the reporting or i’d laugh you out of the game yourself for being so fragile that you cant handle someone dayin your a sucky ~insert role here~.
    Its just not that big a deal to report someone over smfh
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Although I appreciate the sentiment you're expressing, it also goes without saying you don't need to be rude and an adult can 'choose' not to be, even if they're frustrated at someone else.

Yes, to an extent a player need not be "fragile" if what is being said isn't that bad, but the flip side to that is that the person saying it is clearly also exhibiting their "fragility" in lashing out in rudeness themselves.

If they weren't fragile they'd simply have left or tried to more constructively offered assistance, but we all have our good days and bad days, doesn't make it any less true though.

There is also a significant difference between "rudeness" "banter" and "abuse" and if people are going to "abuse" others then they deserve to be reported because part of being an adult is not engaging in that type of behavior nor tolerating it.

Adults also understand that with behavior comes consequences and other adults don't have to put up with your #$%^ and if that means telling someone else you're being a jerk, then you should understand that's a very real possibility when you treat another human being like #$%^ and perhaps in the future you'll be a little more careful about the way you behave. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You're free to report me anytime you want. And nothing will happen. Do you want to know why?

Because, as an adult, I don't feel the need to insult other people to make myself feel better. I know how to communicate what I want to say without needing to throw a tantrum because things didn't go my way. I don't feel the need to blame other people for how I react to a situation.

You want to know what being a real man is? It's accepting the consequences of your own actions. Not blaming others because I lost my job because I went on an emotional tirade.

I find it interesting how many times you need to use insulting terms in your own post. You certainly have shown me what it means to act like an adult, lol. And yes, I will be reporting you for it. I have no problems doing so and telling you I am doing so. The question is, will you man up and take the consequences or cry about how "unfair" it is?
    • Like x 2
  18. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

It all depends on the entire situation. Sometimes it is a simple "chillax" comment, sometimes it is a push of the ignore button, sometimes it is a vote to kick, it all depends on what is happening, and why.
    • Like x 2
  19. Saami Loyal Player

I have not seen much rude players in game lately. Only occasional AFKers. Propably being lucky that way.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I didn't find those as extreme, but they were grating due to the tone. I had a post a couple weeks ago about the guy yelling for more power and telling the controller that's his job in a raid. He was ignored by that player all raid, and after the rude player left, I spoke with the new player in a more congenial manner that yielded actual responses and a thank you for letting him know how his powers worked. As I said at the time, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    • Like x 1