Handling Rude Players?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

When it comes to those type of comments, one thing to always consider is not so much where the comment is coming from or what the comment is in a negative way but consider WHY the comments being made.
    Self reflection can help in that case in the future.
    In ur example, say ur the tank that “needs to learn how to pull”. While its a passive aggressive comment yes its no that bad really. Even if it were really bad tho, understand that theres still a root cause for the comment an thats you being a cruddy tank an not doing ur job right.
    The other player may be in the wrong for making comments rather than tryin to help BUT if you do “learn how to pull” then your better for it and the comments are less likely to happen again. If u ignore it, you dont learn what u need to learn this your still a crappy tank an other ppl are gonna comment too.
    Again, the other player is prob wrong for what they are sayin and/or how they are sayin it for sure BUT remember, wrong or not, theres prob a good reason for the comment and use that to get better
    • Like x 1
  2. MrWood Well-Known Player

Nah, Teach them some manners and report them. We are all old enough to know how to talk to one another, or just walk away. Letting someone have a temper tantrum isn't acceptable. Report away.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jaelia Committed Player

Leave group, leave instance , add them to ignore, avoid them and report them as a toxic player. No one should have to go through that while playing a video game.
    • Like x 2
  4. Canadian Justice Committed Player

If it's something relatively harmless like "(insert role), negative blah blah comment" and a one off, I'll likely just ignore it and keep going. If it's a repeat of that issue within the same instance, I'll note the players name and on the off chance we group up again, I'll see if the behavior is standard for them. If it is, I'll add them to ignore. Don't think I'd report someone for that though. Not even sure I have anyone on my ignore list that would fall into this category.

Something that crosses into personal attack territory, racism, bigotry and so on, add them to ignore and report. We don't need those types of players in this community. I see little need to give someone the benefit of doubt when it comes to things like that. If an account gets banned as a result of their action, so be it. It's a players choice as to whether or not they use certain types of language and insults, the consequences of that choice is solely on them, not the one doing the reporting.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

It also goes against the TOS for playing the game.
    • Like x 1
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

I ignore them. I have a pretty high tolerance for things like that so it would take a LOT for me to get to the reporting aspect. Of course the few times I've had to do that I was polite enough to let them know ahead of time, which I can only guess went over well because... ya know... they were ignored. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Put them on ignore, report and move on. You are here to enjoy the game - not to get people frustration's taken out on you.
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I'll take 20bil to stop, all things considered that's a bargain.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think working to keep the community healthy and friendly to new players is cool.
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Imagine not being adult enough to control your emotions when you're upset and having to throw a temper tantrum.
    • Like x 3
  11. MrWood Well-Known Player

You've never played another game, and it shows with this comment. The "toxic" community of the game is less than 5%, and that's being really generous. Losing 300 ish players wouldn't wipe out anything. Big L for you my man.
    • Like x 2
  12. MrWood Well-Known Player

No TOS on the streets. Terrible comparison.
    • Like x 1
  13. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

Kick or leave/ auto ignore. I love blocking people, I am too old to argue and don’t do back and forths on the internet. Too old for that bs.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

So, that's a no to the 20 bil?
    • Like x 1
  15. MrWood Well-Known Player

He couldn't afford to pay 2 bil to kick me from my league. I'm now convinced that his inventory pics are photoshopped.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Hah! I can guarantee that the population wouldn't dip. That just like saying that the gold sellers make the trade chats more friendly, when all it is is spam, which is also against the TOS.
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

one thousand, one... ok times up. so where were we?
    • Like x 1
  18. MrWood Well-Known Player

This doesn't make sense. How can someone get bullied in an MMo? Still waiting on you to explain on how to "blacklist" someone in a mmo as well. You've had long enough to think of a good excuse.

Nobody sits in trade chat the entire time they log in lol. Another L my guy.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

When a person only has 376SP, trade chat is exactly where they spend their entire time logged in, am I right? :) :)
    • Like x 1
  20. MrWood Well-Known Player

hahah That's what I thought. Smoooooth