Halloween Seasonal: Please Increase Spooky Bites Reward

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Vesper Dedicated Player

Devs, please. Please reconsider the Spooky Bites reward for this seasonal.

The outside mission gets 1 Spooky Bite a day. The Klarion mission gives 2. That's 3 Spooky Bites a day.

This year's costume: 13 Spooky Bites.
    One each of this year's base items: 84 Spooky Bites.

That's 97 marks needed JUST for this year's items.

If we can presume that this Seasonal runs through the Monday after Halloween, that gives us 33 days for a total of 99 Spooky Bites. IF you log in and manage to find a Seasonal group EVERY DAY. Seasonal ALWAYS gets harder to match the last 2 weeks. Queue can take a LONG time to pop late in the month. If you miss even ONE day, if a queue doesn't pop or a group doesn't finish ONE DAY, you will not have enough Spooky Bites to get one of each of the new items this year.

Now, if you want any consumables or (gawd-forbid) you need other costume bits from previous years, you are basically out of luck. If you are a base-decorator and want old base items, you are out of luck. If you have been unlucky in Boo drops and want to get a trove o' Boo for your shiny Bootility belt, you are out of luck.

BUT REPLAY BADGES.......

Well, which do we replay Devs? The outside mission for 12 Badges for ONE Spooky Bite? Or the Event for 12 Badges that might not pop or finish for TWO Spooky Bites?

There are not enough Spooky Bites. Up the drops to 2 for Outside, 3 for Klarion. It will still be "fair". It will still be a "grind" to finish. It WILL encourage Replay Badge usage because the reward for use IS better.

ALL the other Seasonal Events give 5 or more Seasonal Marks a day. Please reconsider upping the Spooky Bites.
    • Like x 56
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Also do away with the clamping nobody wants it or at the very least give us the choice to run it clamped or not .
    • Like x 14
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

In before the "rewards are just fine" remarks.

I'm trying to get all the past feats first, so I wouldn't mind an increase. What most will argue is that people should just run on alts and trade the tradable items.
    • Like x 4
  4. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Seriously.
    • Like x 3
  5. inferno Loyal Player

With a monthly content i dunno if ill be able to complete this. Pugging the event takes a while. i really wish stat clamping was optional, too.
    • Like x 6
  6. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

This was really easy with clamping. I just did it in less than 5 minutes, blind queue. But yea the small amounts of Spooky Bites is dumb.
    • Like x 10
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just curious: Did you have a healer?

I've found the groups that had healers to have a higher success rate than those without. Funny when events that say that we queue in as "Any" are difficult to complete with the average group without certain roles.
    • Like x 1
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

True, someone switched to healer, and there was a controller and two dps.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrB Dedicated Player

Did they mean for it to not lock with such low amount of marks?
    • Like x 2
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Stat clamping is not appropriate for this or any other content. I consider it a bug. Please fix this asap.
    • Like x 5
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I just don't understand why most 4-man content is designed to be able to be done with 4 dps, but the last two seasonals have been an exception to that. Seasonals are the one place it should be common to run 4-dps while everywhere else should require roles, imo.
    • Like x 4
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yeah i have to chime in with 3 spooky bits a day is a little weak. granted i'm going to run this on all my toons and i'm going to share bank the base items to my main while my main works on the style feat. thing is i have a halloween themed lair and some of the base items like the leave and dirt piles will work in one of my nature healers lairs. really want to get some base items going here. i never mind a grind but i'd like to add a little extra spooky to my lair before halloween.
    • Like x 4
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This event is tedious w/o a healer
    • Like x 3
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sure...it's what I was planning to do...but the new episode drops next Wednesday...who's gonna have time to run it that often with alts, when we'll be so busy trying to get caught up to run the new raid??? And mind you, i'm one of the lucky ones that finished all of the previous feats so I only have to worry about this years. This is rough.
    • Like x 5
  15. Harley Quinn New Player

Yes, please.
    • Like x 2
  16. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Came here to make a post about this. Good to see plenty arent happy about it either. 1 bite for an outside seasonal mission is absurd.
    • Like x 8
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

Whoa what?
    • Like x 1
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

The marks have always been that way. And we have for the past couple of years at least, only had barely enough time to get everything new. Why does everyone always act surprised every year at every event when it ends up being the same way??

If you need to catch up from the previous year then you'll need to use replays. If you are concerned with this year then you have just enough time to complete everything.
    • Like x 2
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yea. Last years spring seasonal gave about 5 marks just for the outside stuff. This gives like 3-4 total.

With 3 years of Boos, Base items and styles, you'd figure we'd get more than this, especially with how annoying the instance can be (just got out of a 15 minute run where we wiped twice and the 2 tanks and controller in my group couldn't figure out the crystals)
    • Like x 1
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I said the same thing last year. This is why I don't have the boos from the vendor. They never drop for my main toon but my alts the boos.
    • Like x 1