Hal Jordan Block Breaker Delayed

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by The Enquirer, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So what seems to be happening is that in order for Hal to block break, the visual effect needs to physically hit his opponent. Compare that to other legends toons such as Green Arrow who's in this video and the block breaker happens at the same speed regardless of range.

This bug used to be much worse, to the point wherein you could initiate the block breaker before the person blocked and still land it on them. That seems to have been fixed however there are still issues with him.
    • Like x 38
  2. Dylan Top5 New Player

fix it!
    • Like x 2
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The funny thing is a while ago I thought they fixed it completely but that was because I was doing it up close.
    • Like x 1
  4. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

I knew it.
    • Like x 2
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, it used to be way more noticeable than this. When I tested it previously I tested it up close.
    • Like x 1
  6. King Felsa New Player

Why his BB would work like this in the first place is beyond comprehension.
    • Like x 6
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I swear, it's like the devs really don't care about PvP.
    • Like x 2
  8. Juxes Committed Player

Funny, I was thinking about buying Hal too, looks like i'll hold off that for now.

Edit: lol I can't help but look at the chat. "lern how to spell idoit"
    • Like x 5
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Just so it is out there, it is far more visible in slow motion. If you play it at .25 speed you can see the clear comparison between Hal's BB and Green Arrow's BB.
    • Like x 3
  10. Supergeon Well-Known Player

What tha flying fudge! Did I see that right!
    [IMG]
    (Block Break with that move is not supposed to work at all! This better supports that this is an issue needing fixing for those who play Legends often.)-Thanks in advance to those who've picked up on these issues in-game, you save us other players tedious efforts to finding ways around broken abilities.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's not what's happening :p That is Hal's block breaker going off on a delay. It just happens to share the same animation as another one of his powers which is what you seem to be seeing.
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I just looked and realized who that was in the trade chat. This guy right here:
    Pretty bad timing on your part :p

That being said unless you really want to use Hal, I'd advise holding off because it does make him extremely difficult to play at range and does hurt his close quarters fighting somewhat badly as well.
  13. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

There goes my credibility. LOL
    • Like x 3
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

They should look at you when you are in league chat.
    On topic: I am guessing this is due to Hal having the most unique BB in the game and must have slipped past the Devs. It behaves like his 2nd ability in way that the animation has to hit for it take effect.
    • Like x 1
  15. SirMuttonChops New Player

JaOooM, Blink, SeeMeFight, there's so much Loot in that video I want to press Ctrl and pick it all up.
    • Like x 3
  16. Juxes Committed Player

Yea, I wanted him to complete my Green Lantern set, but I can wait, I'll settle for Sinestro and lol at SeeMeFight :p
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Sin is kinda crappy but at least he isn't bugged (I think).

At least upvote the bug so we can get it closer to being fixed :p

Odd considering that the 2nd ability has a range wherein it won't apply damage but still apply the cc effect. Though the similarities stop at the animation.
    • Like x 2
  18. Juxes Committed Player

Dammit why are all the cool characters crappy! :mad:
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Sinestro used to be better then the developers took Clutches suggestion and he was more balanced, then they screwed Sinestro over and made their own changes :(

But yea, I can't say if he's bugged or not or anything so buy at your own risk :p Pretty certain he isn't though.
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

boooo wendy testaberger. boo wendy.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.