Hairstyles Vs Shaded Comic Material

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

So I noticed with the shaded comic with clothing type you can color it multiple color ways with the material but when I try it on one of my ombré hairstyles it only gives it one shader color option for the entirety of the hairstyle, including even if there’s hair styles that come with an accessory attached to it example: Ferris Heiress hairstyle with the attached star sapphire piece.

Not sure if that was intended or is a bug within the Shaded Comic of hairstyles? :(
  2. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

Any pictures? So if i put comic material on my character with long curly ombre hairstyle, it wont be 2 color anymore?
    One more reason why mats should be preview- able. It would be so disappointing to finally get some material (especially one thats hard to get like comic mat), to find out it doesnt work for your character.
    • Like x 1
  3. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The only thing I noticed about shaded Comic Material is that it makes the hair on my character’s head glow as much as one of the neon chroma!
    Speedster museum Dexter Myles with Neon Chroma
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    same with Shaded Comic Material
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    the main difference is that the SCM gives a slight outline of the hairstyle itself which then adds a Carona or halo effect. Whereas the neon chromes just go from hair to carona with no visible border.
    (also the mustache looks brighter with SCM than it does with Neon Chromas
  4. Jaelia Committed Player

My bad I’m on forums through my phone and don’t know how to post pics without coding the URL to post on here but I’ll try to get one up.

Yes exactly with the long star fire ombré it won’t be 2 colors …. :( that’s what I mean
  5. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes but try ombré it’s only giving one color option or with a female bombshell Harley Quinn comes with goggles and a headband … which you can’t color which we should be technically able to with that material because it does it for clothing options unless there’s a bug.. :(
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The glow effect happens with any style piece that has only one color channel. I'm assuming the material layers are stacking creating an oversaturated effect.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/shaded-comic-material-and-demon-tail.319512/
    • Like x 1