Guy Gardner is too OP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Sbel, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Sbel Devoted Player

The Guy Gardner portion of the hero boss fight of Strike Team is much, much harder than the villain boss fight of Strike Team and much harder than the rest of the Hero boss fight.

Guy Gardner's puke can easily wipe a team of CR 100 players if they're in range and the range is really big. The mission can be done, but it is way harder than the villain version and there is no reason for such an imbalance.
    • Like x 4
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

No is not. If i can do it with my 87 CR too, then you can do so.. Stop doing instance without analyzing. Please check your enviroment for any further benefits.. Guy Gardner is just AoE & punch everyone while he can.. It's an easy boss fight...
    • Like x 1
  3. Michael17 Well-Known Player

he is not as strong as you speak, your team and that very weak.
    • Like x 3
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

Nah he is pretty strong and he tends to have immunity way too long so you can't counter him.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

If it's intended then they need to buff the villain version. The two versions should be balanced.
    • Like x 2
  6. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

7. FameYack Committed Player

A balanced team is best,
    As long as the tank puts him in a corner,
    And the team stay out of a range of his puke
    (or move once he approaches instead of Rambo Melee him)
    the fight might be long but easy doable

A DPS only group we´ll have trouble since it will require to constantly move around, stay split and revive
    When Overgeared, any competent DPS can Tank him,

I like that it requieres strategy but it is still above your average joe,

PUGs can really have a hard time,
  8. ShaShabbaRanx New Player

Working as intended
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

If it's intended then they need to buff the villain version. The two versions should be balanced.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Does he actually stay with the tank? I haven't tanked this in a long time, so I cannot recall whether he drops aggro to retch on the rest of the group. Every tank I've run with recently has not been able to hold him in place.
    • Like x 1
  11. FameYack Committed Player

I see,
    I have at least a couple of month since I try it,
    It could have changed,

He did randomly attack at times,
    at that moment everyone has to dodge,

Usually a Tier Tank and Heal working together could make it easy,

The thing was not just tanking him but keeping his vomit out of reach,
    I saw a couple of groups where the tank just stood in the entrance and that was not good
    it was not just holding aggro but keeping him close to a corner or the opposite wall of the entrance,

the group had to stay spread yet close so not every position was convenient,
    since he randomly attacked,
    being too close could take two players at once and that is practically game over
    Staying too far and you had the risk of not reaching a player on time,

If the tank couldn't keep the aggro and it wasn't you i would check his gear,
    I remember once we had a T5 DPS Gear player switch to Tank and he could keep him aggro,
    It was useless since he wouldn't last a minute but he did keep aggro

This was of course with a Tier Level Group,
    a T6 DPS could tank him easily with a decent healer

Still,
    two or more months ago,
    So it wasn't as much him attacking a random player as him just staying and recieving his vomit,
    But if he is now totally ignoring tanks... :confused:
    :mad:
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Even at tier 6 with 7000+ defense, Gardner's retch can KO a player in 2-3 seconds. He hits as hard as Mantis's flames in Security Breach. Both have the same avoidance tactic, so I'm not saying the tactic to survive is difficult, but I do think it is odd that a tier 5 boss hits as hard as a tier 6 boss.

Actually, in retrospect, Gardner hits harder than Mantis. Gardner's retch follows you after you roll out of it. Mantis's flames do not follow if you roll out of them.

Oh, and somewhat off topic: Why can players enter Mist Recovery and Strike Team at a CR of 84, but Trigon's Prison requires CR 86? Trigon's Prison is a lot easier than the WOTL 4-man operations and drops 84 gear compared to the 85 gear in the operations...
    • Like x 3
  13. Delta795 New Player

He's Guy Freaking Gardner
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

And I can basically one-hit Lex Luthor in the Star Labs Facility tier 3 challenge now. I can also take down Deathstroke in one hit in the Factory Floor mission. As we progress in tiers, it doesn't matter who we're facing in the lower tiers in terms of their difficulty diminishing. Guy Gardner is still basically the same difficulty at tier 6 as tier 5. No other tier 5 bosses compare. Hank Henshaw in Mist Recovery is the closest, but he tends to stick to the tank, so his flames are easier to avoid.
    • Like x 2
  15. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Bumping as I made the same thread recently in regard to Guymandood Gardenhose's damage being way too high.

He does have scripted attacks that will break away from the tank, usually of the lunge variety. The issue is the damage from his version of gailing eruption. The range of his gailing eruptiong is also beyond normal, as you can stand in the area 10-15 feet outside of the blood plasma graphic and still take damage, meaning whatever level (1st or 2nd floor) Guy is on, that whole level is going to be covered with this massive AOE. As not every player can expect to be ranged, especially for an alert, it can often result in kicking a non-ranged dps, especially one that can't hover at a one level difference to avoid the AOE spew.

His difficulty is essentially raid level, sans his HP, which still isn't too high, but too high in terms of relation to his damage and group survivability when not overgeared. As said, even an overgeared tank can melt at a fast enough pace and usually find themselves alone in the room after all allies have been almost immediately KO'd in a matter of seconds. (DPS against the party is very high, but it comes very suddenly in a burst that can't be adequately prepared for aside from attempting to stay very very far away). It's flat out wonkalicious. I'd say the easiest fix would to be switching out gailing eruption for plasma wretch, which is a more narrow, conal attack AOE, and one that a tank will have better adds at redirecting at themselves instead of having Gardenhose direct it at the entire party. Also, it sure would be nice if a tank cleanse could wipe the burning PI from allies in this case, though only if the party member being cleansed has left the AOE zone.

I had a video of this to illustrate the crazy, but I nuked it accidentally. I'll make another and toss it up here. You'll see the very stark contrast in handling guy, and then the two simultaneous bosses that come after (that you actually get the loot from, mind you).
    • Like x 1
  16. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

And here we are. Thankfully overgeared and the healer was kicking ****, so no wipes. I have the PS4s horribly nerfed, limited scope combat log up, so you can't see the other players HP bars dropping, though you can see the bar above the player's head that's next to me when the puke goes off, rolling away desperately as his HP starts to plummet before he heads off screen. You can also see Guymandood Gardenhose counter me with a lunge while i'm blocking, so there's evidence for that mess too. Blessing from the celestihealer absorbs 500-600s before I have to eat it, and though I have mitigation up, when i'm struck with the puke i'm still seeing wild numbers in the 500-660 range. T_T (Possibly something broken there too ,haven't been paying attention).

So here it is. Guymandood crapping out 500+ damage with his puke attack. His other attacks are all nominal for the level of content. You can compare it with the latter two bosses and it's pretty easy to figure something is wrong here. (Coupla things, tbh :p )
    USPS4 btw, but it's at least been happening since launch on USPS3 client as well.

Edit: Doh. I trimmed out the part of the vid that shows my defense and HP. They're both a hundred or so points above 10k. This is also without the neck mod, since i've been playing w/o the use of the HT trinkets and mods to get a feel for how the majority of the pug community has been playing, and I think i'm going to stick to it. Hate the 'rent' aspect behind things and would rather see something on the accountwide level or one-and-done for good deal.