Guide to Quantum

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Anierna, Apr 24, 2013.

1. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I see the damage of singularity and gravity well have been reduced, so this reducing is big or it's just a little reduce of damage?
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I'ven't test server access, but it seems "Time Bomb" described quite like "Tesla Ball". So since Tesla Ball hits multiple targets & for every target it applies same procedure, so i ask for you - can Time Bomb in controller role reduce defenses to multiple targets or not?
    • Like x 1
  3. Solarstar New Player

In theory, it should work exactly like Tesla Ball and apply the Defense Debuff on everything it hits.
  4. Solarstar New Player

I think you meant Energy Expulsion since that works with the Empowered Channeling mod since it is a 50% Damage Buff power that does an extra 35% more damage to mobs thats are around 35% Health and less.
  5. renzhe New Player

No, I'm not. Energy Expulsion is covered under Empowered Channeling, since it is a channeled power. I am assuming that it is the same animation as other <35% finishers (like Final Ruin or Sandblast), since I have yet to use any Space Tree power much, or at all, other than the the group shield power in the Space tree.

Tachyon Blast is different. Its like Fireburst, same animation, and is a power with a cast bar. If I remember correctly, Fireburst is also not covered under the Empowered Channeling mod.

From what I'm seeing, no.

It places the defense debuff on your initial target. Any other target, that gets hit from the delay boom of the Time Bomb, will not be debuffed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Solarstar New Player

Energy Expulsion has the same animation as the other <35% finishers. I probably misread what you were saying before:p

Tachyon Blast has the same animation as Fireburst, same 60% Damage Buff and also works off the Enduring Damage mod.

Wait, so Time Bomb only puts the defensive debuff on one and if any non-slowed targets, then they just explode? Hmmm... weird.
  7. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Energy blast do less damage below 35% for the two initial ticks, I thinked that was a bug but devs say nothing about that so now I don't think it's a bug but it's very ******* dumb. What do you think about that.
  8. renzhe New Player

I have mainly been dpsing, no trolling except in a duo with a leaguemate to try out the trolling side of things on the time tree.

On test, there are way way too many bad Quantum DPS, probably due to these players still being very very new to the DCUO game. So, I would not want to be Quantum trolling a bad Quantum DPS. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from commentating on their gameplay.

No idea on why they changed some of the Space tree powers, with regards to damage numbers. The damage debuff change for the Time tree though was needed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarstar New Player

If the Test Server were up, then I could give Time DPS another go through in a challenge. The only thing I've been doing is keeping to the Training Targets just to get myself familiar with how I want to use my toon as a Time DPS in Alerts/Raids.
  10. Solarstar New Player

Energy Expulsion should work like any < 35% finisher.

You should let the Spord know what's up in the DLC 7: Quantum Powers thread to see if its a bug or not.
  11. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I can't reply here maybe only PC legendary player can reply in the topic and I'm PS3 legendary ^^ there are already some people who say about it but they not really ask devs why.
  12. Desperado New Player

You sever cease to amaze me with all your guides. Gunna see you in game Mentor aka Obi-Wan
  13. m2stech New Player

So does quantum have anything with similar speed/dmg of gadget's gauss grenade and photon blast ?
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Time Shift, Inspiral Waves & Singularity = gauss grenade
    Energy Expulsion = photon blast
    • Like x 1
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 2
  16. Cataclyzm New Player

• Like x 2
  17. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

It's my suggestion to better make correct names for abilities:
    Einstein's Ray - what is it? From where? Maybe better call it with more serious name. Like "Tractor Beam".
    Graviton Charged PI it ONLY two-worded PI. & it's wrong name - real world hypothetic gravitons don't have charge. Maybe rename it to "Weighted" or "Overweight" something similar.
    Please: someone - tell Devs about it! I dontvont see this in description!!!
  18. Eärl New Player

Can you please update your DPS rotation without WD? Would be cool, thanks:)
  19. MstSage Active Player

Cool Guide only thing I have to say is you shouldn't base guides on just one movement power it limits the rest of us who choose persay flight or acrobatics. Or have an alternate loadout for people not that movement spect.
  20. UltraElite Dedicated Player