Guide to Quantum

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Anierna, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Solarstar New Player

Aninera, bad news... your Dual PI loadout needs overhauled completely. Whirling Dervish has been nerfed and I'm gonna assume that Vacuum Bubble is next.
  2. Solarstar New Player

I had a feeling that the devs would make the T5 stuff harder so I'm merely guessing that the safer bet might be Ranged DPS.

I've been trying a Time-spec'd DPS toon since they said we could start testing the Quantum Powerset and I must admit, I do love the Burst DPS. Granted, it's mainly dealing with the Destabilization PI, but it can produce some nice results.

My Loadout that I'm still working on for Alerts/Raiding:
    1. Temporal Extortion (35% Dam Buff/Might/Precision Buff) / Warped Reality (40% Dam. Buff/Damage Buff) - I'm still going through everything in my head as to which one will be better overall for your personal buff. Temporal Extortion is more clip-friendly and its CD is almost non-existant so you might want to consider this for the Might/Precision buff it provides. Warped Reality is our damage buff and can also help set up any Space-spec'd toon due to its Graviton-Charged PI that it provides.
    2. Tachyon Burst (35% Dam. Buff) /Anomaly (45% Dam. Buff) - You can use either one, but Tachyon Burst only affects a pair of targets and can be done at a distance; whereas Anomaly can only be done effectively at about 10-20 ft from the targets. Personally, they need to increase the range of Anomaly if you ask me.
    3. Time Shift (35% Dam. Buff) - Between this and Warp Barrage, I'd go with Time Shift since it doesn't suffer from its damage being split amongst multiple mobs (more than 3). Either one can be clipped with Distortion Wave, Tachyon Blast or followed originally with either Tachyon Burst/Anomaly or Distortion Wave for the extra damage from the Destabilization PI.
    4. Distortion Wave (50% Dam. Buff) - This can be clipped with Time Shift to get some extra damage from the Destabilization PI since Time Shift will hit before the wave gets its first hit off and will also help set up the initial Tachyon Blast. The Wave will hit a number of mobs in it's overall AoE, but the kicker is that you need to be within 10-20 ft. to make it effective since it is an actual AoE ability.
    5. Tachyon Blast (60% Dam. Buff) - Yeah, yeah yeah... I know what everyone's gonna say but hear me out. Granted, it is a cast time power, but its highly effective when followed by Distortion Wave for the Destabilization PI interaction, Time Shift when it's under the 60% Damage Buff, or combined with Temporal Vortex for a massive burst blast. With Temporal Vortex, you need to use it sporadically since it is a 25% SC ability.
    6. Temporal Vortex (25% Supercharge) - Combined with Tachyon Blast, you can get some massive burst damage if you can stay at a safe distance due to Tachyon Blast's cast time vulnerability. Temporal Vortex, like Tachyon Blast deals Conal-AoE Damage to multiple mobs. Personally, I like how much burst these two abilities combined can do, but you need to use Temporal Vortex wisely since it is a 25% SC ability.
    A fair warning is that this is a power-hungry loadout that should be used only for Alerts/Raiding. For soloing, most likely you'd switch out Tachyon Blast for either Time Bomb or Warp Barrage and perhaps use Quantum Tunneling in place of Temporal Vortex if you feel like being a Jumper, Shisui or Minato.

Tactical Mods (Fully Boosted):
    • Blast Adapter
    • Escalating Might
    • Berserker
    • Deadly Block
    • Core Strength
    • Enduring Damage
    Mods:
    • Might-based mods or a Balanced-based build leaning slightly more towards Might
    Weapons:
    • I suggest that since the T5 stuff is rough... go with Ranged Weapons and think more about survivability than going all gung-ho like a glass cannon.
    Consumables:
    • If you have Might Soders, Prometheum LB DPS Colas, DPS Candy from the seasonal events... I highly suggest using those.
    • If you have either one of the Might-based DPS Utility Belt Trinkets, then you better have both your FoS and CC Trinkets in there along with a consumable and either Orbital Strike, Supply Drop or Sidekick.
    • If you have any Trinkets that can help DPS in PvE like Mr. or Mrs. Boo, etc., then I suggest using those on every CD as well as the FoS Trinket so you can make it somewhat easier to mow down the mobs while the Tank holds aggro and the Controllers manage the CC's/Debuffs/etc.
  3. renzhe New Player

Destabilization PI, not Distortion PI.

Tachyon Burst - You can hit 2 targets, not just one, but they have to be close to each other. For applying Destabilization PI, Anomaly is basically melee range and Distortion Wave is PBAOE, but Tachyon Burst is ranged and hence a must-have move, especially when entering T5 content with T4 gear.

Using a Power dump move (Temporal Extortion) in a DPS loadout is a bit unorthodox to me.

Tachyon Blast isn't really needed until a boss fight. Hm, and again, it is weird that you are advising ranged weapons and a survivability approach and yet use a move that is vulnerable to Interrupt (not covered by Empowered Channeling mod atm).

For tactical mods, must go with Tumbling Master if acrobatics.
  4. Snix Dedicated Player

Have yet to find a ranged loadout but here's my melee loadout.

Time Shift, Distortion Wave , Warped Reality, Singularity, Gravity Well, Tachyon Blast (Mostly for Enduring Might Mod)
  5. Solarstar New Player

Yeah, I know... I was dead tired when I wrote that.

Thanks for reminding me that it's Destabilization and not Distortion.

The reason why I'm advising Ranged Weapons and a more survivability approach is because of how hard everything in the Raids and or possibly the Alerts are hitting. Think about it, if the Tank is getting one shot for what, 20k - 30k... then that's a problem for any DPS who charge in there with Melee Weapons, especially in tight corridors where you can't adjust the camera to see what's going on.

Distortion Wave isn't what I'd call a PBAoE if the AoE's diameter and circumference increases two more times exponentially; and yes, you can use this from 10 - 20 feet away and still get the effect onto mobs with the second or third increase.

I really would advise against using Acrobatics, and Superspeed, in the T5 Raids at the present moment due to the damage we're receiving from the mobs. Survivability and a more safe approach will most likely be the right way to go about this until we begin to understand the mechanics of the new Raids (Pulls, CC/Debuffs, etc.).

As for Tachyon Blast, you can use this throughout the Raid/Alert to get everything working off that 60% Damage Buff via the Enduring Damage mod. Wait, you'll have to use Tachyon Blast throughout the entire Raid in conjuncture with the other powers listed for the simple reason that you need to clear those mobs. Most of the damage will come from Tachyon Blast, but it should be used with Distortion Wave, Time Shift and sporadically with Temporal Vortex once you have at least 25% SC.

Using Temporal Extortion as a DPS move increases your Might and Precision for a six second buff, and its CD is non-existant so you can, in fact, buff your Might and Precision effectively while using your DPS moves.
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

id suggest hb's or bow ..situationally... or a melee weapon that does decent damage
  7. La Chupacabra New Player

TIme shift is borked and no longer works like attract.
    • Like x 1
  8. Grid Ion Committed Player

I am using Time Bubble for survivability. You take almost zero damage when the shield is on.
    • Like x 1
  9. Madholm New Player

Guide rendered useless after the WD nerf so now people will have to come up with better rotations instead of leaning on a broken power.

I've tested the spin chop time warp shift rotation without WD and it's nearly as impressive as the video shows.
  10. BrotherMutant New Player

Stay away from my vac bub u BASTAGES! Gawd, why nerf the Super Crge move? Really? You had t expect a nerf for WD though. Abused way too much.
  11. BrotherMutant New Player

Totally agree with this (for now). I used to use the power dump in mental build to clip my attacks, up my damage (dont forget it gives a 35% (?) damage buff as well as the Might/Precisions buff, this last part is particularly good for raising my damage buff ABOVE 60% (Might buff lasts long enuf to fire off two decent powers, if either are at 50% damage buff, the added might increases the buff (next attack only) to be higher than 60%); and of course, you are giving power BACK constantly to 3 teammates, who doesn't like that?
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If I was doing Time DPS I would go with DistWave/TachBurst, Time Bomb, Warp Barrage (range), TachBlast, QTunnel, and Temp Vortex.
  13. renzhe New Player

I'm not saying ranged weapons and survivability approach is wrong. I'm saying those 2 things are in direct conflict/contradiction with using Tachyon Blast in a loadout, because of it being vulnerable to interrupt. And if it doesn't end up going under the Empowered Channelling mod, then Tachyon Blast becomes a high risk high reward approach.

The Enduring Damage DPS approach can work, and I'm ok with the dmg numbers from Tachyon Blast. I've only gone through both T5a, and can't get a raid group going on Test as of yet. But as far as Tachyon Blast goes, I'm currently using it only in the sub-boss and boss fights for both T5a. I feel there are situations one can just burst through without using Tachyon Blast and situations where Tachyon Blast bursting is useful.

And to me, your loadout is not the most power-hungry way. And its possible to suck even more power, without using Whirling Dervish).

As far as weapons go, one should just use whatever they fancy.

As far as movement modes go, Acro tumbling master ftw.

Hm, this power dump buff DPS method, I will have to explore further to see if it is beneficial to my style of play.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

this whole thread is sort of useless since..lots can change from test server to here.... seems a bit prematurely made.....just for the sake of making a thread on quantum... look at the other guides then look at this one.... most are very detailed this ones just THIS IS HOW I DO IT AND THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD DO IT... shes done this before though so im not surprised.... but i guesst his is where the discussions for quantum will be from now on..so its up to us when the power drops to make sure this thread is full of information...
    • Like x 5
  15. Solarstar New Player

True, anything can change between now and when it goes live.
  16. segundoblz New Player

Captain Obvious attack!
    Do you have anything to add to this discussion or just shitposting?

This thread is premature, yes. But she's power rotation works fine and somehow people are learning from it so it's not useless.
  17. Solarstar New Player

I was agreeing with the person because of the fact that anything can change between now and when it goes live.

You on the other hand are just baiting and trolling.
    • Like x 1
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

and im not just picknig on her...theres already another quantum powers thread ..i say we should have atleast allowed it to be on live servers and played around with it til there was more of an understanding of how the power worked... then come in and make a proper thread on quantum.. with numbers and specific details about each power...not just the details the devs give us (which are sometimes wrong)
  19. Eärl New Player

I think this guide is helpful for those who are on test server without any suggestions about what to do, and what to use. This thread is more about to share your ideas,and try each others' loadout to find the best one for both ranged,and melee. And someone should calcute pure might,or might+prec does more dmg?!

Btw, WD wont be clippable, or is that only a bug?
  20. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Not a bug but a fix or in the words of the community "OmG d3vs why you nerf wd? You nerf everything now I will be terrible at dps"
    • Like x 2