Guide to Quantum

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Anierna, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Madholm New Player

That rotation and most skills he is showing require you to be close; the skills themselves from quantum are medium range attacks with a bit longer range than WD. However you did ask the right question as WD will get fixed and T4 content is irrelevant. You won't be using that rotation in T5 for a long time because trash mobs hit for 3k+ on test. I will try to get back on and post my ranged loadout as well as some pvp loadout and explain more of the powers and clips the OP didn't know or chose to exclude.
    • Like x 3
  2. bedovean New Player

like i said, threw some cool powers in a big bucket of spin chops. :D also seemed that it was a race getting all this stuff in the guide so someone could have their name on a guide XD. when i checked this section i half expected to see like 22 different guides up all with clever names by different people trying to get a guide. Instead i saw "Guide to quantum"

CMON Mannnn could of named it something cool like "The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy..erm Quantum" :D
    • Like x 5
  3. Madholm New Player

Hmm I was just reading some other people comparison between anomaly and distortion wave. I wasn't paying attention when testing on multiple targets. The nod goes to distortion wave as it can hit more targets. This makes sense as anomaly applies a controller debuff, while distortion wave is just damage. I must not have been paying close enough attention to the number of targets anomaly was hitting (only 4). I was seeing higher damage from anomaly and assumed it wasn't splitting damage after 4 targets instead of not hitting them at all. Ill chalk this up to lack of sleep caused by the test server :/
  4. Madholm New Player

Time shift information in the original post is incorrect. Time shift is a cone AOE in front of you character, not a PBAOE centered around your character. Not sure if the OP got it wrong, typed it up wrong, or just used vague language. At any rate I thought it was worth clarifying that the skill is a cone shape.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I was thinking about writing up somethung on Quantum Controlling with pros and cons of each powerset.
    • Like x 3
  6. La Chupacabra New Player

Name Suggestions:

A Timeless guide to Quantum
    A Quantifiable Quality Quantum guide

the one mentioned above isn't too shaby either :p
    • Like x 3
  7. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

i would love to see the following loadouts for trolls ,, which tree is better, which is better for groups or single targets???
    1. space loadout
    2. time loadout
    3. duel spec
  8. Cataclyzm New Player

I'm interested in temporal vortex since its only a 25% super, does it work like fireball barrage and just launch out a huge amount of quick insta cast dmg?
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm on my phone so I can't type anything up right now. Time ais the Power dump but that isn't as issue. The group shield Event Horizon is in the Gravity tree. To get both it will cost you 10 PP regardless if you specialize into Time or Gravity. If you do not spec into Gravity because u prefer WoP or Speed Drain you can stay entirely in Time and use the extra PP for innates or utility abilities like the personal shield which is in the Time tree.
    • Like x 1
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

While I honestly appreciate your effort on this, Anierna, it's much like your other "guides." That is to say, it's a description of how you feel the powerset is optimally played, rather than a comprehensive guide to the powerset. I'm glad you've found rotations you like. Personally, I'm looking forward to playing around with all the powers in various builds. I'm also interested to hear how you do with spin chop clipping in T5 raids.
    • Like x 3
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

you can always make your own with that catchy name ;) :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Liam Solo New Player

lol indeed. Any melee dps approches aren't going to be very smart before getting some T5 gear.

So much effort to get a "guide" up fast. Truthfully and genuinely more than I would have expected compared to the OPs previous guides. I was surprised it wasn't just a copy and paste job of Anierna's previous guides with Quantum powers thrown in.

Maybe a "leaf" has been turned? o_O
  13. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I think on a full space dps loadout but I can't test it because I'm on PS3, I don't think WD could be usable on T5 but I can't test too ^^ so this :
    Gravity well - alcubierre wave - warped reality - energy expulsion/oblivion/inspirals wave (I'm not sure of this power but it should be one of this three or a time power) - singularity - gravity bomb

I want have more precision about oblivion and energy expulsion when I say precision that mean say me or upload a video who the dmg in T4 PvE and below 35% for energy expulsion. I hope this finisher will be good because in HL and elec I never can use a finisher.

For troll i think the 2 defense debuff are not really good but better than HL, one seems to be single target and the other is too slow for me. The healing debuff by gravity bomb and the dmg debuff by alcubierre wave seem to be very good especially the dmg debuff.
  14. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey crazy Ani, how ya been?
    Nice video you got there!

Had a quick question, is Quantum full might or you think it should be balance like how Gadget is?
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i havent played it but from everything ive read a lot of people are saying its very might heavy...
  16. Anierna Well-Known Player

For current t4 gear and lvl 4 mods and lvl 78 rings, this is how you should gear up:

Full Norseman/t4 DPS gear
    lvl 78 Might Rings with Prec affinities
    Prec&Might mods in red sockets, Prec&Power for yellow, Prec&Health for blue
    lvl 76 Might Mask from Inner t4 alert (Powerful Mask)
    lvl 78 Might neck from HT solos (Amulet of Focus) w/ Escalating Might
    Runic DPS wep

I haven't checked the stats for the new t5 gear, but I'd guess getting the Might set will be preferable, since the stat differences between the Prec and Might sets for t5 gear are similar to the stat differences between Prec and Might promy rings (around 1 Prec vs 2 Might). I haven't checked the stats for t5 mods yet either (are they even out on Test Server yet?), but if they continue to be 1 Prec vs 1 Might, Prec modding will be better. Similarly, if Promy rings end up going past lvl 78 and the affinities are still 1 Prec vs 1 Might, Prec affinities will be better.

On another note, I'm currently compiling a spreadsheet for base damage values, inactivity times, CD times, animation times, clippability, etc. for Quantum powers. I saw Shiny Mackerel had already done some of this - hopefully he'll let me add to what he's done so far and put it all in a nice table, instead of retesting the parts he's already done.
  17. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Just added on PC Test

Movement Mode
    Super-Speed:
    ·Whirling Dervish's damage will now be canceled if the animation is canceled. It also now hits eight targets at maximum.
    • Like x 4
  18. Sumeric New Player

I was just coming over here to post this.
  19. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Lol quick go back in time and post it first! ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. bedovean New Player

AGREED

Told you 1 page pack

Same thing

Refer back to first quote. Just saying, your prooving all these people right. Yea i just have 2 might rings with prec affinities lying around, those are easy to get. Simply said -----yes, this is a might dependant ability. If it has DoT's or any type of damage over time spec into might, if it does not spec into prec/might. That simple.

Been the same in DCUO for a long time....
    • Like x 1