Dev Discussion GU97: Weapon Combat Update

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by DCAutymn, Sep 12, 2019.

1. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

2. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Because even if your number was true, it would hold no meaning. If you're at different stats than most other people because of your controlled situations, 1 number by itself doesn't mean anything. The conversation would only have a place to go if you were in the same condition as everyone else, under which case, it would be a lie for you to parse that low. If I have to choose between a person lying and a person saying something that's useless, given it's the feedback section, I'd automatically lean to the first half.
  3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

If I asked everything that I assume, it would derail the thread because there's at least 10-20 questions of assumptions I'd have to confirm.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Respectfully, if you're reporting hard numbers, you should also report your testing conditions. Otherwise the numbers are meaningless.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

AS, as it stands against Doom Spin, I think would function about right for the Range performer on that weapon.

It's lower than Doom Spin (like a 25% drop-off) but less interruptable so it still performs acceptably; it's not the top Range performer (which, being on 2H, it probably shouldn't be).

It keeps up against other people in the same CR range in instance monitoring when used in conjunction with Doom Spin; that is to say, it allows the weapon to continue dealing sufficient, if not outstanding, damage in circumstances where it's impossible to play close game (like ground zero at Bane).

I'm not sure I'm willing to say it's been buffed, necessarily; I think a little more transparency on floating performance changes being incorporated directly into live would be the best thing to track actual performance changes versus drift due to increase in CR or drift as a result of "hot" versus "cool" critical performance (since critical performance can vary up to 10-15% between any two given 10 second sample sets). Still. "right direction".