Dev Discussion GU97: Weapon Combat Update

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by DCAutymn, Sep 12, 2019.

1. DCAutymn Developer

Weapons damage has been updated! We have increased some abilities and decreased the damage in others. In a lot of cases, damage was shifted to earlier in the combo.

If you have feedback, please leave it below.

Enjoy Metal!
    Autymn
    • Like x 2
  2. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

So rifles attack rifle slam (which is the tap 5 combo) is supposed to be vulnerable to blocking however after revamp it can no longer be countered. Its effecting legends characters with rifle as well
    • Like x 2
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Hrmmm.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I think the complete opposite should occur, so it makes using long combos worth the time and effort
    • Like x 3
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Right?
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Dual pistols > dual wield: the loft shot into dual flurry combo is horrendously underpowered. I think it might actually be weaker than it was before the update. Maybe some decimals got misplaced again? I’ll have more in-depth feedback tomorrow (it’s last thing at night for me here) but I wanted to immediately bring your attention to that particular combo because it honestly seems flat out broken. :)
  7. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Reported it like Day 2 of feedback.
  8. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

meanwhile its been broken since stats revamp lol.... Hopefully Autymn will see this and correct something that seems like a light issue to fix
  9. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I have an atomic toon. A single tick of damage from geiger blast is significantly more than a single tick of damage from smoke bomb mastery. Considering that all abilities such as geiger blast are already unlocked at level 30, no ability should hit harder than a weapon mastery attack that requires 18-19 skill points to unlock.
    • Like x 2
  10. Psyfur Well-Known Player

That negates the value of skill points when abilities that are available before or at level 30 hit harder than WM attacks which require skill points to unlock.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Noticing a general pattern of secondary weapon attacks doing significantly less damage than the primary weapon attack immediately proceeding it. For example, Brawling. Haymaker is averaging 21k, and the Home Run follow up is averaging 18k. I get that cross weapon combos are a somewhat divisive concept and people don’t want to be railroaded into using some of the more... esoteric ones, but no attack in a string should ever be weaker than the attack before it.

Same thing with the aforementioned pistols user. I’ve had to switch melee combos to the sweep shot > ultra flurry, because the dual flurry in the other combo is now weaker than sweep shot. Dual flurry = 9k, Sweep Shot = 5k x 3.

This is every kind of wrong, in my humble opinion of course.
    • Like x 2
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

To be honest, Weapon Mastery combos should match with Might rotations.
    While a Might rotation hits 35k-40kish the Weapon Mastery combos are max 26kish, like 10k LESS.

A solution to this could be increase Weapon Buffs in, at least, 10%. It could be a good help.
  13. unique gamer New Player

did testing on live server and 2h doom spin is hitting crazy numbers idk if it is just me but devs might want to take a look at this. Anyone else parse crazy with this?o_O
  14. L T Devoted Player

in general I agree that the later attacks in a given combo should hit harder. But this is just a problem with weapon mastery and the whole way it's conceived.

You sort of have to look at the whole parse rather than the individual components. They could buff the home run combo at the expense of haymaker going back to being useless.
  15. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Parsing where it should be. Weapon for weapon, it would be higher dps than other combos, but others can be sped up via clipping while doom spin doesn't have that benefit. Trade off for balance at the competitive level.
    • Like x 1
  16. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

How is the weapons damage compare to powers ?
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Except I sincerely doubt the combo would overparse if the home run hit just a tiny bit harder than haymaker does now with haymaker staying the same. Even if it did, and that’s a big if, I would argue I’d deserve it for being able to execute the full combo in a live combat scenario where I’m being constantly stunned and blocked.

I’m not asking for WM cross weapon combos to have some huge boost like in the old days (I use them mainly for flavour anyway) I just want them to be treated at least as standard weapon combo enders and do slightly more damage than the attack before them.
  18. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Then don't use smoke bomb wm..
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Be that as it may, we’ve seen what happens if the boat gets rocked too hard. Let’s just get the cross weapon attacks back on par with equivalent standard weapon attacks, and see what happens from there.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Dude it’s not even been a week, and we’re still in a better place than we were before. Give it time. :)
    • Like x 1