Test Discussion GU97: Artifact Updates

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Please use this thread for feedback on the changes that happened for Dead King's Scepter, Philosopher's Stone, Venom Wrist Dispenser, Tetrahedron, and Cog of Mageddon.

Specifics:
    • Reduced the overall effectiveness of the Venom Wrist Dispenser.
    • Doubled the group might buff on the Tetrahedron of Urgrund if used by a Controller
    • Doubled the group precision buff on the Cog of Mageddon if used by a Controller.
    • Added a new damage proc to Rank 80 of the Dead King’s Scepter.
    • Increased Precision and Might on the Philosopher's Stone.
    • Increased the cooldown reduction per free cast from 3 seconds to 6 seconds on the Philosopher's Stone.
    Dead King's Scepter - New Proc
    DKS wasn't performing on par with other Might based artifacts. This new proc should put them in line with the overall damage increase players receive from other Might based artifacts.

Philosopher's Stone - Addition of Prec and Might stats and buff to CD reduction
    The free power casting was not enough incentive for DPS to use this artifact. By adding base precision and might to the artifact we feel this will be more appealing for dps'ers that choose to use this artifact over another, in order to grant their group supply drop more often. The CD reduction buff should help all roles using this artifact.

Venom Wrist Dispenser
    Due to the changes with weapon damage, we had to bring VWD in line with other artifacts. While it still remains a top tier artifact for precision, players can now look at alternatives for this artifact.

Tetrahedon and Cog - Controllers now also grant the double bonus might/precision (was only DPS before)
    By opening these two artifacts up, we hope to see controllers who choose to specialize in buffing have additional builds to strive for.

-UPDATE- 8/26
    BUG FIXES
    • Fixed Bug for Solar Amplifier where you could channel ability while moving.
    • Fixed Bug for Solar Amplifier where you could clip ability and get full damage.
    • Fixed issue where EoG would not display if you are buffed or not while standing in a field.
    • Fixed issue where you would not get full 16 seconds worth of CD reduction attacks on Philosopher's Stone
    • Fixed issue where lower rank Philosopher's Stone were still only reducing cool downs by 3 seconds.
    ARTIFACT CHANGES
    • Added precision attacks to also lower cooldown of Philosopher's Stone. Due to this change, Philosopher's Stone will now have a 0.5 second internal cooldown on the proc.
    This change to Philosopher's Stone is to include Precision into the special mechanics of behind this artifact. Due to the speed of some precision ability combos, it was necessary to put a slight internal cool down on the cool down reduction proc.
    • Like x 3
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The proc on DKS is nice and fairlyconsistent, can crit somewhat substantial. Appears to be working as intended.

Philosopher's stone - appears to be working as intended. I could get up to a 40 second reduction on the cooldown but that was only with clipping multiple abilities which won't happen in real game play unless you are a healer who can clip multiple beneficial abilities.
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

In regards to Dead King's Scepter, on the Live server I fed my DKS-Artifact into another a good while back because of it not being as good as I hoped for. Is there any way of re-acquiring it? I did a quick look on live and didn't find a way. Hoping to get corrected on where to re-acquire it, otherwise you may want to put it on a vendor somewhere for purchase. (If it's not already on a vendor somewhere)
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am suprised by the numbers of certain artifacts, wich i allways expected to become round values. for example, i would have guessed the scrap of soul cloak to get a bonus of 30% for regeneration and 25% CD reduction at 200, instead it is getting "only" 27% and 22,5% wich is odd to me somehow, however: thats just me, being nitpicky and i am sure you found out that giving the artifacts round numbers would lead in some way to troubles. maybe. nice to see the effect of the cloak on 200 restoring 7% SC... for example ^^

QUESTION:
    is there any intend on changing the playstyle stats in any way at any time?
    i allways though of it as the source of the problem why weapons underperformed.
    i guess you must have taken a look at it when readjusting artifacts, did you?
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

John Constantine for 25 Source Marks.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

The scrap is really strong on live. Definitely one of the best artifacts. That having been said, there's like 0 reason to level it beyond 160.
    • Like x 2
  7. Aggro Well-Known Player

Umm lol okay, i think u should read it again
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

regenerating SC is definately gona be awesome, just a pitty that there is no SC headmod for neo venom boost... however it is stated that the increase is not stacking with the chest mod. i think it would be time to overhaul the mods to make them work without specific powers to be bound on, like: there could be a headmod for increasing criticals, one for replenishing SC for each and every SC in the game, same for the empowered mods, restorating mods for the legs and there could be one mod to reduce all shieds... well, another thing that does not belong here maybe ^^ anyways...
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

L T said:
    “The scrap is really strong on live. Definitely one of the best artifacts. That having been said, there's like 0 reason to level it beyond 160.”

These comments should probably be in the Artifact 200 thread but I think what he's referring to is that the 7% SC restore does not work with Extended Supercharge chest mod. Also, you only get a Health %age increase at 180 and there are no changes between the cooldown and regeneration percentages between 160 and 200. Is it worth for a healer or troll to give up the Extended SC mod for the 7% restore? I'm not cranking the numbers. Heals and trolls would be better off putting the XP elsewhere.

Edit: There may be DPS and Tanks who do use Scrap but I think most regard this artifact as healer/troll centric.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aggro Well-Known Player

It gives dps a chance to wear core strength
    • Like x 3
  11. Cyro Committed Player

I understand why VWD got nerfed but with its current buffs coupled with its current nerf i dont see many prec dps using it 10% reduction to power regen seems like too high a price to pay considering that the cookie cutter prec loadout involves a pet and keeping your power high it means you need to run demon claw and omeg leaving you with one slot left over. I would like to see rather a buff to the buff it gives or a reduction to the amount it decreases power regen to make it viable.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It is worth it because then you can us the mod that reduces the power cost of all powers by 5%, which helps trolls a lot for sure. Now, instead of having to choose between one or the other, you get both!
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

How/why is the Dead King Scepter a “Might” artifact? Isn’t it a Trinket artifact? Prec DPS uses trinkets too. I know that at the time it was released it seemed all DPS artifacts went one way or the other, but now that you guys have wisened up and made DPS artifacts usable by both (ex. Grimorium, Philosopher’s Stone) shouldn’t the Scepter have that kind of versatility as well??? With the shakeup in weapons damage, people will (or at least should) be considering new combinations of precision artifacts. Why shouldn’t this DPS Trinket artifact be amongst those considered?
    • Like x 4
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Mepps said VWD will be about half as effective. Can someone explain the math of how 16% is half of 54%???
  15. Batuba Developer

The special granted at 80-120-160-200 isn't the only thing that factors into the strength of an artifact, but also the base stats. When you factor the total effectiveness of the artifact, it is approximately a 50% nerf.
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

It was that easy, huh? thank you, lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's all about playstyle. For a troll, I'm going to get Amulet of Rao up to 200 before Soul Cloak because I don't have 1million+ XP in my bank for a 2% increase in restoring SC. Again this is not the correct thread to discuss this stuff.
  18. Healing Juice Active Player

Lol just no... 600 prec isn’t equal to 38%
    • Like x 1
  19. Healing Juice Active Player

I’ll break it down for you. Let’s say you have 30,000 prec. Right now you would get a bonus of 16,200 from the 54%. Half of that is 8,100. With the current 200 VWD on test, you get 4,800 plus about 600 from the base stats. Which equals 5,400. Not 8,100..
    • Like x 1
  20. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Why hasn't anyone posted the new breakthrough source mark costs :(?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.