Dev Discussion GU95: Survival Mode Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Please use this thread to post feedback on the rewards and reward structure of Survival Mode.

Thanks!

Batuba
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Was the Shadow Orbital that was previewed in the livestream removed or will we see it on the JLD Added Items list?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a drop from the vampire lord.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The Shadow Orbital isn’t gonna be on the JLD vendor either?! Are you having a laugh?!
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That...is...awesome. Seriously. That adds another level to SM where those of us who play it daily will be able to make a little more $$ on the side from the drop. I love uber rare drops being placed behind content as it encourages players to play the content (ie: Pan E, Zoo E, and now SM).
  6. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I think the pricing for the Seasonal Vendor items are a bit too high, especially for the later rounds. I understand that the Seasonal Vendor items are a limited offer but the high prices seem to *lock* players in, and not give them the chance to purchase from both vendors; it's either one or the other in my opinion. I think that nothing in the seasonal vendor should be higher than 80-100 data chips; lower prices would ensure that even if SM doesn't attract many players, the seasonal items would still be attainable.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You get so many marks from doing SM myandria. I have around 130 marks already from last night from rounds 1-19 (tried 20 but didn't make it through and called it a night). The mark rewards increase as you progress to higher round as well. They start out at 4 per round and by the time you get to Rounds 15+ you are getting something like 8 or 9 marks per round. Apparently they go up as high as 15 marks per round by Round 30. So getting marks won't be to much of a issue. Even for players that only progress to Rounds 10 or so. They will still end up with like 50 marks for that each time.
  8. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I understand, but it still seems like a low amount to me. The rank 5 Seasonal item is 40 data chips, so if you only have 50, then you can only get one rank 5 Seasonal and maybe one other regular SM vendor item. That is not enough for getting your behind smacked down all around town through these rounds.

For the pain that must be suffered, I still think the prices should be lowered a bit (30%maybe) so that those nice data chip rewards will actually go further and be more satisfying for claiming the vendor goods. If I ever get to round 15 I would expect to be able to get at least 6 items for my troubles, which would include at least 2 Seasonal items.:D
  9. Luke© Well-Known Player

The Shadow Manbat Trinket (Vendor Item) is counting as Henchmen instead of sidekick.
  10. AV Loyal Player

I'm confused. Could you elaborate? Like it has the henchmen logo? Does the henchmen boost attack? Acts like henchmen in general? Haven't bothered to buy this yet.
  11. Luke© Well-Known Player

When i'm using it i can still use seahorse (which is a sidekick) but i get cooldown for other henchmen.
  12. AV Loyal Player

Seahorse is a combat pet. It's on a different cd. Hench/side share cd
  13. Luke© Well-Known Player

Ah okay, thought single fighting pets are always sidekicks. Nevermind then^^
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Pasting this here because it demonstrates why random drops are not a good fit for survival mode.
  15. myandria Item Storage

Please consider moving some of the Survival Mode seasonal items to an *Off-Season* vendor for a limited time.

For example, the Off Season Vendor should have some the previous season items available (at the devs discretion) between 7 to 10 days after the season is over. This vendor would only be available during this time period; players would not see it or have access to it any other time. These items would be available for Source Marks for at least twice the Data Chip value, since Source Marks are easier to obtain.
  16. AV Loyal Player

Limited/seasonal content in general was a factor in my taking a huge break in the game. I'm miltary and routinely missed seasonal feats for years in a row due to training/postings/ops/etc and for any completionist, it's a real kick in the pants. For a game with such a large military player base it's always surprised me that they choose to do these frustrating temporary things. I find it very alienating when I can't be on for something.
    • Like x 1
  17. Exileant Well-Known Player

:( I agree. I am still looking for help with it... o_O I cannot get a SOUL to play it with me, and random events are not working....
  18. AV Loyal Player

Minor reward gripe: not a fan of all the trophies being essentially identical. Would have been cool to have had different trophies for different tiers, even if the size was the only change. Not a huge fan of the design + neon green either, especially compared to the stellar design work that we're seeing lately in other aspects of the game. Hoping the crowns are a cool/tasteful accessory a la Crown of Solomon and not something tacky that takes up a head slot.
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Where are you getting this data from?

How are they supposed to cater to a so-called Completionist to the point where it follows their own personal schedule in life? Answer: They can't, no matter how lovely and awesome it would be. Wouldn't it be awesome if they could move the Summer Sale a few weeks up so that it lined up perfectly with MY next paycheck? Or schedule the release of an Episode a few weeks earlier than planned to where I have a scheduled day-off or vacation days I can take out?

Sometimes you miss things due to having an actual life outside of a GAME and sometimes that sucks, but it is what is. You can't really expect anything else.
  20. AV Loyal Player

[IMG]

By that logic you shouldn't be able get items/feats/styles/items from previous years if you missed them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.