Test Discussion GU94: Episodes 27-31 Currency Conversion

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revoemag Committed Player

I have to ask.. what is our motivation to do lower content anymore once we passed that cr??

Let's not pretend that the game is booming with low level players, because it's hard enough now to get a queue too do lower raids and alerts.
  2. Revoemag Committed Player

The only question i need answered.. is the gorgan slayer style available now..
  3. EdGe7x New Player

My fingers seem to have forgot to finish the thought I had in mind.
  4. EdGe7x New Player

I'm just curious what others think about this possible solution. Why don't you make the vendor OP collection pieces drop from instances much like others OP pieces. That should add to the reasons to replay the content? Moving forward, once a currency is discontinued, you could just stick them in On Duty play.

Just throwing something out there to see if it's possible or desirable. Don't forget to make them trade-able if this route is chosen.
  5. Myoxz Well-Known Player

I can think two reasons: the first one is to get feats. The second one, is to help someone else.
    There should be walk-ins of all previous content (duos, alerts and raids).
    • Like x 2
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

This is something that's been asked for by the consumer base for years. The primary reasoning we've gotten back for not doing so (and it's a good one) is that it would basically kill queues for older content (ie: anyone of a high enough level to solo something like an Alert or Raid has no reason to queue for it). If they are going to a unified currency then that stance becomes a bit moot for any content whose currency has been unified.

There is content you will be very hard pressed, or find it impossible, to do (like the first Khandaq raid) due to requiring multiple switches needing to be activated at the same time but the vast majority should eventually be soloable.

While I think the amount of content we have out now makes something like the currency conversion a viable option for new players to get leveled up to where the majority of players are currently at in a much faster manner, it also means we're going to see more instances of max or near-max CR characters who woefully under-perform due to having only 100 or so SP and Augments/Artifacts that have little to no levels on them (whereas I would guess most of the higher-end crowd has at least 300 SP and has leveled out at least their Adaptive Augments and Artifacts on at least their primary character). Get enough of these under-developed characters in a CR-relevant PUG and you end up with a whole group of frustrated players who are still relatively new to the game.

The Dev team may have other components coming that will compliment all this (changes like this are rarely done in a vacuum) so time will tell if this is a long-term gain or loss.
    • Like x 3
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

Is there a list some where so I can buy the cheap stuff before the change?
  8. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Everything except some of the low tier vendor armor will be the same price or cheaper after the game update. Everything in venders for episode 31 (Deluge) and earlier will cost Source Marks. All of your Marks of Victory, Ancient Coinds, War Bonds, Counterfeit Bucks, Ultrabucks, and Atlantian Crowns will be automatically converted to Source Marks. You will only be rewarded episode currency from Teen Titans, Atlantis, and Justice League Dark content, and you’ll only receive Source Marks from content for which you are within relevancy.
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

He said somethings will see the price increase. I want to know what pieces will increase before my marks convert over, especially in the style vendors.
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Here are the costs every vendor before Episode 21 currently (MoV) and after the game update (SM)
    • Head - 12 MoV / 16 SM
    • Shoulder - 11 MoV / 14 SM
    • Chest - 14 MoV / 18 SM
    • Back - 10 MoV / 12 SM
    • Hands - 10 MoV / 8 SM
    • Legs - 14 MoV / 18 SM
    • Waist - 10 MoV / 10 SM
    • Feet - 10 MoV / 8 SM
    • Ring - 5 MoV / 6 SM
    • Necklace - 6 MoV / 8 SM
    • Mask - 5 MoV / 4 SM
    • Trinket - 11 MoV / 8 SM
    • Weapon - 15 MoV / 20 SM
    The post game update prices are the same for all vendor gear through episode 31, but the current prices are higher and varied for everything beyond episode 20.

I don't know if it's intended, but the vendor 00 on the test server now only sells the following items:
    • High Voltage Set
    • Sunstone Edge Chest
    • Prideful Set
    • Scion of Ion Set
    • Shepherd of Adara Set
    I made a new character on the test server, opened the 270 CR box and went to vendor 00, so I don't have any of the styles that would be in there. The ones in the list above were the only ones available on that vendor. If anyone else on the test server can confirm this, that would be very helpful!

So if you're trying to complete styles for T1-T6, plus AF1 and AF2, you want to buy the Head, Shoulders, Chest, Back, and Legs from Vendor 00 because that will be cheaper than the armor pieces after the game update, and the styles might not be in vendor 00 after the game update. The hands and feat will be cheaper after the game update, and the waist will be the same price.

For the Vesture of Proselyte and Shock Jock, you should by the Head, Shoulders, Chest, Back, and Leg armor pieces from the vendors in the Hanger. Those styles aren't currently in vendor 00 and probably won't be added, and the vendor prices will increase for those pieces.
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

Proselyte and Shock Jock are on the rare vendor. I was looking at those prices compared to that video, that's why I posted the question. And I was looking about those prices because I got a bunch of MoV these past two days and I checked my Currency and I was maxed out at 200, and was pretty pissed off at how many Marks I lost out on.

Thank you for posting the price differences. I'm hoping the Devs get the conversions straight before it goes live and makes it clear what would benefit the player.
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Don’t buy those off the rare vendor. Buy them from the gear vendors. They’re cheaper on the gear vendor, and you can tribute the gear to your league after collecting the style.

I know what you mean about capping out. That drives me nuts! I’m very much looking forward to to 999,999 cap!
  13. KlockeD Level 30

I haven’t been playing as long as others 2013 is when I started but I have to say one of the huge benefits this game has over other MMOs is that it incentivizes higher ranking players to play with lower ranking players. In every MMO when you level out of specific content you have zero reason or atleast very little reason to revisit those quests and content. It’s why older games have ghost towns in starter areas or mid level areas and this really hurts new or introductory players. Some of the most fun raids I’ve been on have been ones where higher CR players have come to help carry us and show us how to get feats done or how to tackle a boss with specific mechanics that are wiping us and making the raid unenjoyable. This is a specific advantage this game has over other MMOs and this transfer of knowledge happens every day from experienced players to newbies and the game, I believe would take a huge step backwards if this change goes through to live.

Please re consider this change and do not remove the marks from lower tier content simply because your character has leveled up in CR. Please incentivize players to interact with each other and grow a community where high level players and low level players get to play together and have similar rewards. You have done a good job so far please don’t take 20 steps back by putting this on live servers.

Thanks,

KlockeD
    • Like x 4
  14. Aerith Rose Committed Player

This change will be good as long as we change the way the relevancy CR works. CR relevancy was started originally I believe to prevent people from farming to many marks for the new DLC. Since the new DLC has their marks this is not an issue. The CR relevancy needs to change or better yet just be removed.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tygerfyre Committed Player

So, this patch is due tomorrow. Last word from Mepps was that we had given them a lot of food for thought. Yet I don't see any changes made to the relevancy/rewards in the test server release notes. So did the discussion change anything, or not? Seems like if something were going to change, it would have changed on Test already, right?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No changes are planned with GU94. We will continue to monitor feedback and behavior post-launch, and believe the benefits far outweigh the concerns so far explained.
  17. Wallflower Level 30

What benefits? You are literally taking something away without giving anything in return. I suppose I shouldn't expect the development team to listen to the people who actually play the game.
  18. Tygerfyre Committed Player

That's....disappointing. I'm still not sure where the benefits are in this other than simplifying the currency tab. If the Collection pieces were discounted along with the gear, it wouldn't hurt quite as much, but would still be a net loss. As it stands now, it's a loss for the player base, as we now have fewer ways to get the marks to buy those pieces, and little to no incentive to play older content.
    • Like x 3
  19. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Ouch. I think this may backfire a bit. As has been explained, you are taking away the ability to earn marks in old content while giving nothing in return. While a person like me who has limited time to play isn't going to care, your hard-core members are probably going to ... um... be a little upset. I don't know if this is the best decision y'all could make at this point.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    • Like x 5
  20. Tarif Committed Player

We have given plenty of negative feedback about why we do not want further cr irrelevancy. Its just not mattering.

You ask for feedback, and it matters little when you read how so many people are against it? Right now, you have a comic book mmo monopoly. Comic book fans are going to play the game, even as monetized as you are making it.

Next year, there will be several super hero mmos on the market as your direct competitors. I hope one or two of them are good enough, that you actually have to compete for our business again, and start to be mindful of your customer's feedback.

This isnt a good way to keep treating your customers.

There are far too many things in the game that need attention. Powers need to be better balanced. Pvp deserves some serious work. Cr irrelavancy is not something any of us want. Especially from episode specific currency that was marketed to us as a well of its own, that didnt have to run dry.

It allowed us to be active in older content, and remain profitable in game from its rewards. All your doing is taking away how active many of us are online in game, by taking rewards from us further.

I cannot and will not understand why you Devs want to give us less for our Paid Memberships, and adopt a business model that will only force your most active players from being online in game as much as they are now, since they will get little from it.

How do you want Less rewards (And thus, Less Active) Players in an MMO game? This makes No Sense.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.