Test Discussion GU94: Episodes 27-31 Currency Conversion

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The rate at which they can earn them is reduced yes, but there is still the initial influx of marks they could have to offset that and to even finish all those styles. If a player has 300 marked bills from trying to get the manbat commando trinket for example that's 300 source marks which is technically 300 MoV towards the rare style vendors which is more marks than they would have had anyways. You could be sitting on a few hunrded marks etc for each 27-31 and have well over a thousand source marks to pick up old styles etc Day 1 of the GU
  2. E Clip Dedicated Player

I get that, I was taking the position of a new/returning player who is just hitting the entry CR for AF3 or barely has any currency from the 5 DLCs that will have their currency converted to Source Marks. Imo those will be the most affected by this change.

Another thing that came to mind is this: Im assuming after some time, perhaps when we get a new DLC in 3-4 moths, we should probably expect the Titans currency to be included in the Source Marks. In which case, players will have the option to farm those up and wait for the currency to be converted to Source Marks along with the gear reduction cost and buy the full elite set for 110 marks instead of 550. The normal set should be even cheaper. So thats one way to strategize and optimize, but it will depend on whether the Titans currency will indeed be included in Source Marks and consequently the other DLC currencies as we move forward DLC after DLC.
  3. Time Stone Active Player

I assume Source mark packs will be added to marketplace after gu launch for like 100/5$, so don't worry guys.
    $$$ :D
    • Like x 2
  4. EdGe7x New Player

Giving end game players no incentive to run old content is counter productive. It not only affects end game players but new players going through the On Duty menu as queue times will soar as many have already stated.

Please rethink this. I'm in favor of this possible solution, just give us the Source Marks we would be getting in exchange for the episode specific currency. I enjoy running old content as a paying "Legendary" member. Don't remove this incentive please! I feel bad for people who paid for specific episodes, wow... those episodes they paid for will be rendered useless.
    • Like x 5
  5. Tygerfyre Committed Player

What Ed said. There's no reason to remove the rewards we were already getting (or the Source Mark equivalent to those Marks), and removing them can only be a negative factor in keeping people playing older content, both those in and out of relevance.
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

I run daily ROB and Starro alert, and weekly PANOe and ZooE for both the marks and the rare drops, but if now I won't even get marks, it's a complete waste of time and I won't run anything more than the last DLC raids and alert.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

And tell me good sir what did you do with all those precious Marked Bills and Ultrabucks that you deem so valuable to you that you will refuse to run if you can't earn them?

do tell
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

You run them because of the collections, not the marks.... If I remember correct, your marks was maxed a long time ago (maybe a year ago since I ran with you in RoB) :D.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

And this means he will benefit more than most... i'd love if all my past marks were maxed lol
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i don't see why they just don't make the older content drop the same amount of source marks as it would of for (insert currency here).

keeps ppl running older content.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback/discussion on the transition to source marks. We are reviewing it and weighing the pros and cons.

I think the biggest thing I want to draw some attention to is the window for currency - modern content would have its own currency for about a year. (Transitioning up to episode 31 deluge, which launched in March 2018). By the time the transition happens, you will have had a lot of time to accumulate currency for getting that episode's rewards, or for saving and using for any other episode's reward you might be chasing. We could adjust this window.

Running modern content gets you the currency for that content and source marks for anything. Yes, you can't get the standard marks reward running older content, but you can also use the marks you're getting with the modern content for *anything*, for any episode. Put another way, you are not able to run the old episode for (many) marks, but you also don't have to that specific episode either. There's a degree of freedom introduced once content is older.

Lots of food for thought here, and we appreciate it.
  12. Draconiano Committed Player

Buy gear ----> get exobytes.
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Exos my good sir
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

LOL this is the reason you would refuse to run the content over some GARBAGE xp exobytes? i'm literally laughing you get like an MK 9-10 from Marked Bill gear salvages which would get you like 2800-3200 XP where you could buy a gear box (10) off the broker for less than 3mil and get 8000-10000 XP from every single salvage. 80000-100000 XP for 3mil where you would need 25 Face salvages for 15 marked bills just to reach that so that's 375 marked bills just to equal what you could get from just spending 3mil on the broker.

honestly i'm laughing you even said that as a legitimate reason you are upset LOL

375 worth of mark grinding ROTB and ZOOE just to have to spend 3mil to reach the same exobyte xp.
  15. Draconiano Committed Player

That's not "a reason", that's an extra I had when running old instances. I don't get why it seems kinda like you got triggered to my comment. It's just an opinion that wasn't even towards you, so deal with it.
    I could debate with you but I don't think it's worth it, reply if you want, I won't.
    • Like x 2
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Y waste money though.
  17. C3alix Committed Player

Because people hate players that steamroll through content. They claim it removes any learning curve the new players get, and it's not their job to teach them.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

why waste time farming 375 marks which would be 9 weeks of daily running ROTB and running weekly zooe in order to get the same exobyte yield you could get from 3mil which you could make 3mil every single day lol if you wanted.

The biggest joke reason you could have come up with is exo's for trying to justify that GU:94 will negatively impact you or players because of your exo loss.
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yes sir. I value my exos
  20. EdGe7x New Player

Hey Mepps, I suppose that's the part that is a bit bothersome. We need to use new marks we are getting in end game content to buy episode specific collection pieces. As I'm sure you are well aware, specific currency just accumulates as you run it daily/weekly and save up to get the piece you want to buy. Now we have to set Marks aside and keep that in mind before purchasing other items. The argument that the gear from the 27-31 episodes is now reduced to partially compensate for the collection pieces seems insufficient. If the collection pieces weren't so expensive may. I hope the devs can come up with something that takes into consideration all of the good feedback being given here... lots of "food for thought" here... let's hope it's not just tossed into the food processor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.